1991 Civic Wagon build

13»

Comments

• CitySushiCitySushi New Wagonist
    Phase one of the dumpster mobile makeover is now complete. This picture is before I did touch ups but you get the idea.
    359.jpg
    Phase two of the dumpster mobile make over mostly complete aka paint the roof. I need to go over it one more time and add some more detail to match the rest of the car.

My wife wants me to paint the new wheels black so I sprayed one and put it on to see what it would look like but I think it looks better raw. (rim pictured isn't polished yet, just sanded down with 220 grit)
    429.jpg
    And black for reference.
    430.jpg
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    That is one hell of a paint job..
    Although I'm not a fan, but I can respect the time it took to paint it!!
    How long did it take you?
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    That is one hell of a paint job..
    Although I'm not a fan, but I can respect the time it took to paint it!!
    How long did it take you?

Thanks. I did the paint job over a four day period. Day 1 I sprayed the car flat black. Day 2 was camo paint, this was the most time consuming for obvious reasons plus I had to keep stopping to find new branches, leafs, etc. Day 3 I sprayed the roof flat black, I should have painted the roof camo the first go around but I wanted it flat black. Day 4 changed my mind and camo painted the roof lol.
    I raised the front up three full turns on the coilovers to match the rear wheel gap a little better and I have all the wheels sanded down with 220 grit sandpaper and installed. I'm going to leave the wheels like that for now because I'd rather spend my free time riding my motorcycle plus I'm content with the wagon as it sits atm.
    473.jpg
    Update: Did a valve adjustment, and fixed some things that have been anoying me for awhile with this wagon. My clutch switch was on it's way out and the car would not re start after being shut off intermentantly. I cut the wires before the clutch switch, twisted them together, soldered and heat shrunk. Problem solved! Side note: It's much more convenient not having to push in the clutch to start the engine. The interior light seemed to work 30% of the time with the driver door open. I pulled the switch cleaned it up and lubricated it so it would slide easier but it is really worn out and needs replaced. I swapped the passenger side switch over for now until I can make a trip to the junkyard.
    The wagon has been daily driven for the past month. Since it's a daily driven car again, it needs to have a few amenities that most car have but this car lacks. Like cupholders and a storage compartment, which will be the next addition. I'm on the look out for a 94-01 integra center console with armrest or one from a 96-00 civic. I'm leaning more torwards the civic one because I'm not a big fan of pop out cup holders, but whichever one I find first is what I'll use.
    Picked up the front half of a 98 civic console for cheap.
    52.jpg
    Here's where I'm at so far with the center console. It's not bolted down just yet, I have a few ideas I'd like to try to clean up the install before I drill holes.
    64.jpg
  • Dude, nice paint! In an accident, however, you may have a hard time countering the argument that they never saw you coming!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    You better look like the guys from Duck Dynasty!
    MrWhoopee wrote: »
    Dude, nice paint! In an accident, however, you may have a hard time countering the argument that they never saw you coming!
    Thank you! lol.
    Vladi wrote: »
    You better look like the guys from Duck Dynasty!
    I'm pretty much the opposite in looks and dress, but I did grow up in the country.

Quick snap on a little back road cruise.
    102.jpg
    I was planning on buying new tires for the integra wheels but came across these steelies with like new tires for cheap
  • I don't usually like camo painted cars, but this paint job on this civic wagon is sick!
    I don't usually like camo painted cars, but this paint job on this civic wagon is sick!
    Thank you!

Ordered and installed a piezo buzzer for a headlight on warning thanks to the diy on here.
    132.jpg
  • Nice, love that buzzer, simple and has saved me several times. Though the bastards who installed my car alarm tapped into the hot side of the buzzer with one of those crimp on connectors. So now I have to rewire the whole thing cause I hate that.

Center console is looking good too.
    @greenteagod- Thanks. It's adding the little things that make these wagons feel less prehistoric and much more enjoyable to own.
    Clutch pedal bracket broke in two places. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a fun day...
    265.jpg
    Removing the peddle assembly for the first time was a pain in the ass, but if I ever have to do it again it will be cake walk.
    12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

These are the only pics I took. The peddle assembly is welded back together with reinforcement and working better than ever, and squeak free!
    New wheels for the camo wagon.
    142.jpg
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    haha this thing is cool as hell...the wheels are perfect!
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Haha diggin the wagon and its new wheels!
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Wilderness Wagon, CamoWago, Woodland Wagon,
    Yes the wheels look great!!
    Keep it up!
    ZombieMike wrote: »
    haha this thing is cool as hell...the wheels are perfect!
    fro08 wrote: »
    Haha diggin the wagon and its new wheels!
    Thank you fellas.
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    Wilderness Wagon, CamoWago, Woodland Wagon,
    Yes the wheels look great!!
    Keep it up!

Haha, thanks man.