Front spring spacers

So I was in need of spacers for the front. Only need about an inch tops to level the front and make the wagon drive able again. I work at autozone and found http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Superior-Automotive-Donut-style-coil-spring-booster/_/N-4ahq?itemIdentifier=828156_0_0_

These guys. My plan was to set these at the bottom of the strut and put my lowering springs back on. I would trim them to fit the needed height adjustment obviously but just wondering if anyone else has a better idea? My other plan was to use hdpe and make my own tophat spacers and get extended studs but that would be a lot more work than I really want to do.

Comments

• You know my vote. DIY those cutting boards!
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    My only issue with those are me having to build supports for the struts to go through the shock tower. If tot was as simple as spacers and longer bolts I would have been done, but I don't want to have to build center top hat extensions for rigidity and stability as well...
  • Is the tolerance that tight that there's no wiggle room at all? I haven't looked so I don't know.

How much space is there in the spring seat. Would it be possible to toss a spacer under the rubber in there and still have enough seat to securely hold the spring?
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Is the tolerance that tight that there's no wiggle room at all? I haven't looked so I don't know.

How much space is there in the spring seat. Would it be possible to toss a spacer under the rubber in there and still have enough seat to securely hold the spring?

thats the plan for now. These spacers are made for that and I'm pretty sure cutting them to about 3/4 inch tall would help me a lot. I may even try them how they are and slowly work to what size I need lol. All I know is I am tired of rubbing everywhere
  • Cool, I wasn't sure if there was that much space to work with in there before the spring slips out of the cup. Unless these add onto the cup as well, which would be cool.