My not-wagon, Hades. (56K warning, pic heavy)

So this is the beast that's got to get finished before I truly dig into building my '90 RT.

Meet Hades, the Zombie Minitruck. Bagged/Shaved custom 1995 Nissan Kingcab. I shared a bit about it in my intro thread but decided I'll expand here in case anybody cared. lol

366.jpg

That's what it used to look like. Before a kid in a Firebird who didn't see me coming down the road because of sun glare pulled right out in front of me. I had maybe 30 feet to try and stop.

639.jpg

The engine was toast, frame bent, and obviously every bit of bodywork from the cab forward was done for. (this was doubly depressing as I had literally just finished shaving the gas filler door about 15 minutes before this happened.)

So... I decided to rebuild. I was looking for another stock VG30E (single cam 3.0L V6) when a buddy of mine called me up and said hey, I have this engine... you want it? $800..."

...Which is how I ended up starting this nightmare of a swap.

732.jpg

Yep, VG30DETT (Twin Turbo DOHC 3.0L V6 from a 1991 300ZX)

My buddy Andy at Racefab in Albuquerque, NM took the frame, cut it off at the firewall, and spliced a new front section into place. We had to massage it a bit to get the engine to fit - I naively thought that since both engines shared the same block it would just drop into place...

640.jpg

2" cut out of each shock mount location on each side of the frame for turbo clearance, custom mount points, and a small notch in the crossmember.

The engine is in place and getting wired up right now at NM Imports. I spent some time snazzing up the interior between when the engine was mounted and taking it down to that shop though, here's some shots of that. Full dynamat treatment, All red micro-suede & black paint/micro-suede. Made the custom gauge cluster from sheet metal and wrapped it in the cloth, with LED's for indicator lights. The wheel is a Grip Royal Dark Knight on an NRG quick-disconnect mount. I still need to re-cover the seat though, plan on having my club logo embroidered into the center of the bench.

641.jpg
642.jpg
643.jpg
644.jpg
645.jpg
646.jpg
647.jpg

I think I went a little too wild with the shifter extension though, need to cut it down about 2" so I don't hit the roof with it.

648.jpg

Once all the engine wiring is done, I'll finish rebuilding the front end. I have the corner fillers tacked in place on the fenders, need to build fender support tubes and get that all lined up. The old widebody is out, putting on a Grant Kustoms metal smoothie front bumper.

649.jpg

I can't wait to drive this damn thing. lol

Comments

• LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    D21 bishes!
  • that should be pretty fun with that motor. i like the gauge panel a lot. nice truck.
  • Dj HentaiDj Hentai Wagonist
    picked up a clutch pedal and cylinder assembly today for the manual trans swap. Wee bit o' progress.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Cool car.

Those Nissan/Toyota swaps lately in the car scene are awesome!
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Cool deal, I like it. Awesome to see all the changes.

What's up with that motorcycle in the background of the photo with your front clipped removed.?
  • Dj HentaiDj Hentai Wagonist
    Chaife wrote: »
    Cool deal, I like it. Awesome to see all the changes.

What's up with that motorcycle in the background of the photo with your front clipped removed.?

This one? ;)

735.jpg

It'd be a Ruckus that Andy (owner, Racefab) was tweaking, 299lbs 600cc 12in rear wheel. He messes about with Ruckii (Ruckeses?) a bit.

736.jpg

http://www.racefab.com/