New Wagon, Obviously Not a Honda

First Oil Change, took the opportunity to take a few pics while it was on the lift.

199.jpg

After a good wash...

200.jpg

OE Exhaust Routing

201.jpg

Engine Bay

202.jpg

Driver Side Cold Pipe

203.jpg

Passenger Side Hot Pipe

204.jpg

Front Suspension

205.jpg

Exhaust Side

206.jpg

Intake Side

207.jpg

Engine Bay from Mid-Ship

208.jpg

I really wanted to buy a new Honda, but there just wasn't anything they make new off the lot worth considering.

Now, a K20 Fit or a CRZ that was more akin to the CRX, and I would have another Honda occupying the garage instead!

Comments

• superhead91superhead91 New Wagonist
    Nice! I really like the Fiesta ST. Might be my next car, just depends on what comes out in the next few years.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    walks in.... gags... walks out.... LOLs jk but seriously not for me....
  • nice choice of color but ford not my cup of tea :) congrats on the new car
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Well, Honda hasn't done anything worth buying in the past decade, with exception of the 1st Gen Pilot...but I'm not ready for a parent mobile just yet.

The Fiesta ST is really what a hot version of the Fit should have been. It's roughly the same footprint of the Civic Wagon and is still a lightweight @ 2700lbs.

I'm not trying to sell you guys on this, just trying to give you an idea of my thought process leading up to the purchase.
  • superhead91superhead91 New Wagonist
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Well, Honda hasn't done anything worth buying in the past decade, with exception of the 1st Gen Pilot...but I'm not ready for a parent mobile just yet.

The Fiesta ST is really what a hot version of the Fit should have been. It's roughly the same footprint of the Civic Wagon and is still a lightweight @ 2700lbs.

I'm not trying to sell you guys on this, just trying to give you an idea of my thought process leading up to the purchase.

I agree. Honda is the new Toyota.
    The Fiesta's first autoX was this weekend. This thing is such a blast! The way this car slows on the brakes is ridiculous.
  • Did you test drive a 2015 Fit? I've heard that the new series of motor have given it a bit more power...and the 6 speed manual helps it out a lot. Still making about 70 less HP and 100 less torque than the Focus ST though...poor Fit, could be such a great car if it wasn't so damn slow...
    Did you test drive a 2015 Fit? I've heard that the new series of motor have given it a bit more power...and the 6 speed manual helps it out a lot. Still making about 70 less HP and 100 less torque than the Focus ST though...poor Fit, could be such a great car if it wasn't so damn slow...

Hmm...Honda only has the '15 Fit listed as a future vehicle. The "Build Your Own" link still takes you to a '13 Fit build page.
  • LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Hmm...Honda only has the '15 Fit listed as a future vehicle. The "Build Your Own" link still takes you to a '13 Fit build page.

That's odd. I've read that it's supposed to go on sale in Spring of 2014, and I could have sworn I read a couple months ago that it had just started selling...
  • gnarwhalrobgnarwhalrob Band Wagon
    Did you test drive a 2015 Fit? I've heard that the new series of motor have given it a bit more power...and the 6 speed manual helps it out a lot. Still making about 70 less HP and 100 less torque than the Focus ST though...poor Fit, could be such a great car if it wasn't so damn slow...

Well i don't know if the 2400lb fit was intended to compete with the 3200lb focus st, it's just another eco car but they certainly have a lot of potential from what i've seen on the track. However driving that fiesta looks like a killer time.
    Pics from a local photog, Phillip:

471.jpg

472.jpg
  • Yeah...as much as a really hate to admit it, Ford has really stepped up their car game recently. Too bad the other Detroit companies can't get their shit together...