My 1st wagon - jongsr

Finally found one I am happy about. 91 DX, 5 speed and 366,xxx miles. Needs some TLC.

On to a few pics.
395.jpg

Comments

• Body is in great shape, needs a wash then some cleaner wax.

396.jpg
  • Holy window tint!! Good thing it's easy enough to remove. I'm surprised the wagon looks so good externally with so many miles! Good luck and have fun with it
  • Seriously, the tint is bad. I removed the driver front, haven't had much time to take care of the rest yet.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Welcome, looks like a good start.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    Seriously, someone from texas send me a rust free wagon. how much did you pay for that beauty?
  • 1200, rust free, no damage except for little dings and scratches.
  • All of the mounts were in need of replacing. I've had this set of hasports collecting dust and didn't want to buy new Oem ones just yet. These have the 62a street bushing so they are still comfy.

397.jpg
  • "................
  • And the last thing I worked on today was the hatch shocks.
  • And now I can remove the rear tint without worrying about the hatch falling on me. Best 35.97 I have spent in a little while. Perfect fit!
  • Those shocks are always out. Every wagon Ever.. Nice swap for the Hasport. Anything bling adds something to the bay.
    The tint still amazes me..someone do a very poor home install?
  • No clue, previous owner has owned the car since 98. Older guy that probably had it done in 98 and this is what it has turned into over the last 15 years.
  • Ridge911Ridge911 New Wagonist
    When you remove the tint, be sure not to scrape on the back window with a razor blade. It will damage the defroster element… you probably already know this.
    That's very wise advice. I bet a lot of people don't know that. I spent some time last weekend patching the breaks in the defrost lines with some paste from the parts store.
  • That paste is awesome stuff, it seems every rig I wind up with has at least a few lines not working
  • Thanks for the reminder, I will definitely do my best to avoid damaging it.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Pulled off all the door panels yesterday and today and cleaned both the door and the inside of the panels. They were pretty nasty. I also removed the old plastic insulation since it was brittle. I am going to replace.

128.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Cleaned up and wiped down.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Window tint before

129.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    And finally I have some clear vision in this beast! I also removed the funky hubcaps.

130.jpg
    god damn that thing is clean! i'm green with envy.

Even looks like oem pin stripe. If you fix up those side moldings, paint the bumpers in same style as RT and it will look awesome.
  • NorthxNWagonNorthxNWagon New Wagonist
    Looks great man. Nice find.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    quarters wrote: »
    god damn that thing is clean! i'm green with envy.

Even looks like oem pin stripe. If you fix up those side moldings, paint the bumpers in same style as RT and it will look awesome.

Thanks, and the moldings and window trim will definitely get some love soon. I'll probably use some duplicolor trim paint once it gets a little warmer out. I havent had time to wash it yet either. I've been slacking it! I did get a set of function form type 1's for it last week and have a set of wheels for it and cannot wait to see how it looks once it has a little more personality.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    GJ removing the tints.

Give it the TLC it needs and be awesome like every Civic Wagon lover alive.
  • Looking great man! Tint removal made a world of difference
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    only wagon owners would pull the door panels off the clean behind them :D
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    RoRo wrote: »
    only wagon owners would pull the door panels off the clean behind them :D

Thanks fellas, and this is super funny but true!!
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    This is what both my rear panels look like. PO put these speakers in the rear.

251.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    I found a set at a yard and it was a nice day to start to change them out.

252.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    And of course it's going to be dirty so instead of just swapping them I had to clean again. It got dark before I could finish so I'll take a few cleanup pics in a few days.

253.jpg