snowbrd's BEAGLE

Greating from Latvia!
I'm new here, my english is not so good, but I will try my best!

I am a big honda lover and also a AWD fan, so I decided to buy a shuttle! Didn't believe, that I will have a chance to get a Beagle!

So my story: this year went to Germany where I found it! Than drove back 2000 km to Latvia. I was shocked, how in good condition it was!

SOME SPECS

Honda Civic Shuttle Beagle EE4
Year of first registration 1996

Engine:
D16Z2 (A6) 110 hp
All stock
Fully build stainless steel exhaust (60mm) from exhaust manifold with Magnaflow at the end

Suspensin/Braking:
Front Brembo disc brakes
Ferodo Premiere brake pads
For now flexed springs, but have in shelf Koni sport yellow shocks

Exterior:
Golf 3 GTI front lip
BBS style looking rims R15, 7J, ET25 (don't know the brand)
Roof rack
Home-made roof fairing
Original front bar with Hella fog lights (hope You understand what I mean)

Interior:
Electric powered windows, mirrors and sunroof
A/C
Wood wheel

NOW SOME PICS

When I bought:
259.jpg

260.jpg

Getting rid of rust:

261.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

Lowered with rims and roof rack:

265.jpg

Home-made roof fairing:

266.jpg

267.jpg

New brakes:

268.jpg

New exhaust:

269.jpg

Home-made number plate, to get the short number license, in Latvia it is difficult to get a cool number..

270.jpg

So thats for now! I have big plans for this, especially in power!

Comments

• Finally found my topic in next page ;)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    awesome! welcome to civicwagon.com!!!! Love that sun shot picture, Beagle looks fantastic!
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Very nice! Good looking rust repair and nice job on making your own fairing! Keep up the nice work!
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Very nice, what year is it? I didn't understand what you meant by saying "first year of registration 96".
  • jongsr wrote: »
    Very nice, what year is it? I didn't understand what you meant by saying "first year of registration 96".
    Year is 1996 ;)
  • ilgasilgas New Wagonist
    Finally your build up thread is approved! Nice work was done. Keep it going!

p.s. please, check PM.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Great Beagle man!
    Awesome find!
  • Loooove the car man! Wish I owned a Beagle :(
  • Thanks for coments!
    I am also getting ready for winter slowly, so I have restored a bit stock steelies and the centres of them:

626.jpg

627.jpg

ps. can someone please explain me what is fenders? I don't know the meaning...
    G-translate says Sparnas?
  • Vladi wrote: »
    G-translate says Sparnas?
    Than they are only the front fenders or the rear also are called fenders (which usualy gets rusty)?
    Not sure but if you say rear-fenders or rear-wheelarches i'm pretty sure everyone understands.

It's a worldwide community so most people will appreciate the effort you put into typing English, at least, they should :P.
    snowbrd wrote: »
    Than they are only the front fenders or the rear also are called fenders (which usualy gets rusty)?

Fender in you language means - spārns.
    Rear fender are called - rear quart panel.
  • ilgas wrote: »
    Fender in you language means - spārns.
    Rear fender are called - rear quart panel.
    Thanks, now I get it!
  • So the winter is coming and I have done some minor things to my wagon..
    Polished the bull bar and changed wheels and steer, still waiting for my new suspension to be done (so I could adjust the high of my ride)..
    before and after pic:
    42.jpg

Finished:

43.jpg

44.jpg

That subaru we imported last week! Went to UK after it with my brother! One hell of a ride!!!

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Had a little cold last days, was ice on roads! Very excited about the handling and all driveterain! Thought it will be worse..
  • Love your car so much! Only wish I could own a Beagle
  • Fuck! Today some asshole has crashed into my fender and got lost! Don't know when and how!

68.jpg

69.jpg
  • Man that sucks. Id be so pissed!
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    you might be able to pull the plastic splash shield and push that one out with your hand.
    Dude that sucks...

I see it happen a lot to EF-chassis cars that people damage them and running off... Probably because they think it's just an "old car people dont care about".

Real fucked up.
    Bullbar looks awesome!
    About crash - that's really sucks.. And it's don't maters old or new car. That's all about people mentality... I had bad experience too a mounts ago..
  • rbwdriven wrote: »
    you might be able to pull the plastic splash shield and push that one out with your hand.
    yeah, I already took out the turn light and pulled fender out with hands so I can open the doors, now need to get some free time and took of the front wheel and the inner plastic arc guard (i don't know how to call it) to try to pull out the rest!
  • Last week I was shocked! Some asshole have tried to stole my wagon! Really??? Luckily he have only managed to fuck up my door lock!

Forgot to mention, I have bought D16Z9 swap for my project and last week finally got my adjusted suspension (Koni sport shocks with ebay coillovers).. Will post pics, when they will be on the wagon..
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Run of bad luck! Sorry to hear. Glad they didn't get off with your wagon!
  • That's a nice Beagle! I've always liked that color scheme.
    It totally hurts the heart when I see a wagon become victim of collision!
    Sorry for your wagon!! Good luck with it
  • Original engine died and last weekend swapped it with d16z9! I will post some pics a bit later..

I have one CEL error and it's error 9 (cylinder position sensor)

Any have some ideas how to fix this??? I guess there is a problem with distributor?
    This sensor is in the distributor. So there's two possibilitys: first - dead sensor. Second - you made a mistake with wiring.
  • ilgas wrote: »
    This sensor is in the distributor. So there's two possibilitys: first - dead sensor. Second - you made a mistake with wiring.
    Thats the one with blue/yellow and blue/green wires! I think i did the wiring right and also checked ohms to that sensor! They are the same as my shuttles engine distributor (~350)! In internet found that it should be within 700-1000.. But my previous engine with old distributor was working just fine! Friend said that i need to adjust the spacing within the rotating things and the magnets of sensors..
  • While I was driving brothers Subaru, meanwhile he was driving my honda, in one work party he drove it too hard and the engine stopped! Looks like the trouble maker is camshaft bearings..
    So a little report of 2 crazy days and nights from last weekend! Working together with my brother..

First of all unplugging all sensors, wires, hoses etc...

323.jpg

After 4 hours the engine is out!

324.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay as much as possible.. No wiretuck for now..

325.jpg

The new engine D16Z9

326.jpg

Preparing to put in new engine:

327.jpg

And its IN!

328.jpg

Preparing wiring..

329.jpg

Hate all the wiring things.. Cutted and joined one by one..

330.jpg

And here all wiring done!

331.jpg

Surprisingly but engine started with first try! Now the only problem is ecu error code 9 and the vtec dont turn on... (yes, I added the 2 extra wires from vtec solenoid and pressure switch)
    Have already chipped p28 ecu, because I didn't want to join the o2 sensor..
    Thats it for now..
  • Hey guys!
    Engine turned out to eat my oil very fast! So I took it out again, swapped the rings, all kind of gaskets and etc. Now it's back in and running great, like new!

215.jpg

Checked the vtec wiring and found out that I had switched solenoid with pressure switch, now vtec should work, but got to drive the engine slowly for now, because of new rings).. Still fighting with error 9, but I think I already have the answer, just dont have the time to do it.

Also putted on KONI sport suspension with those cheap ebay coilovers, driving is realy nice - not jumpy, bumpy and is at the same time soft and stiff enough!

216.jpg

Took this shot after cleaning whole car. Later realized that there is a JDM SUN on the bonnet :cool:

217.jpg

For now thats all, just cruising around, change oil and filter, and then test the vtec and the power of this engine.. Winer is really messed up this year! Almoust no snow :( Peace :cool: