first time rt wagon owner from melbourne australia

hey peoples this is my new 89 rtfwd wagon, been keen on getting one of these for ages and they are very hard to come by in australia.
others cars currently in my garage are a 1964 morris mini 850, 67 windowless mini panelvan, 1983 toyota ae86 sprinter and a 1999 subaru forester gt
heres some pics of the new wagon
305.jpg
306.jpg
307.jpg
bit rough but cant complain with the price i paid for it, has 6 months rego aswell.
looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Comments

• DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Welcome..
    Looks like your off to a great start!
  • Car looks sweet, got a pretty good collection by the sounds of it too!

Looks like there is a little rust, hopefully not too bad?
  • thanks guys, yeah its pretty rusty but non of it has gone right through yet.
    mainly around the passenger side wheel arches and left hand side A pillar.
    everything else is good and complete, interior is pretty dirty at the moment. still has a parcel shelf,central locking, pwr steering and cold air con =)
    plan is remove nudge bar, replace mugen steering wheel with nardi classic, find some stud adapters so i can run some spare 14x7 mesh rims i have (need 4x100 to 4x114.3)
  • my other love
    309.jpg
  • Discovered a full set of factory floor mats in the wagon today that were underneath some generic floor mats. Bonus
    Also removed nudge bar
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Kinda liked the Nudge Bar
  • Welcome!

Pics of minis please!!
  • I'll get some pics of the minis up later:)
    Update on the wagon. Speedo started to read 10kmph fast and when going over 80 it reads all over the place, im guessing the worm drive is dieing. Will a normal ef civic one fit a ee3? Also getting some clunks from the drivetrain, probably cv's? Stops clunking while creeping if the brakes are pressed .
    Any info would be appreciated
  • all three of these belonged tome at one stage
    330.jpg
    my current ones
    331.jpg
    332.jpg
    333.jpg
    sedan shell is painted in dove grey (hence the screen name) with an old english white roof
  • Beautiful! There's an old British guy that lives in my neighborhood who used to race old minis. He's got a couple of very awesome mini race cars. Yours look pretty pristine!
  • 316.jpg
    317.jpg
    didnt know i had this untill i read up in here about them, felt underneath the passenger side and....
    318.jpg
    these are rare too right?mine was in bad shape, couldnt find the same material to decided to give it a bit of color
    319.jpg
    320.jpg
    321.jpg
    322.jpg
    more pics and info in my build thread
    http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/79002-honda-civic-shuttle-wagon
  • RTX213RTX213 Band Wagon
    Awesome! Another RTX in Austraila, pretty much the third i know of between mine and my nephews in Queensland.
    Looks in pretty good shape as well.
    Damn i wish the interior in mine was in as good a shape as yours! Your other cars look damn sweet too!
  • Rattle can respray over 6 days resulted in this
    74.jpg