91 Civic wagon Rt4wd! need help! Gas tank

I recently about a week ago purchased my first wago, and it's in immaculate condition besides it being 22 years old and rust on the quarter panels, but little did i know the previous owner must have bottomed out and dented and put holes in the gas tank. He tried patching it with fiberglass and resin which worked because I bought it and didn't leak and than one i day i barely bottomed out on a road, and later that night i smelt gas and i noticed i broke his patching job. I Spent all day today with my car on jack stands underneath trying to get the driveshaft out so i could drop the gas tank and take of his patching to see how bad it was when he did it. but I could not get the driveshaft off for the life of me. So i was like i need a quick fix before i send it to the shop or buy a tank myself because of funds. I quickly decided to jb weld around the outside of the patch, but that worked for maybe 20 minutes than it stopped. I did not drain or anything because i'm lazy and i definently need help with this problem. I don't know if there are any gas tanks available online that are new that would fit. Or what I don't know what to do about this situation because if i send it to the shop i will have to pay rediculous amounts.

Please help!

Comments

• you have options.

1. find a good used one.... kinda hard with a 20+ year old car

2. make a fuel cell for stock location

3. put a already made fuel cell in

4. call rock auto and tell them to make some

i wouldnt patch it if you dont know what your doing. last thing you want is your wagon to burn up
  • projectwagoprojectwago Band Wagon
    you have options.

1. find a good used one.... kinda hard with a 20+ year old car

2. make a fuel cell for stock location

3. put a already made fuel cell in

4. call rock auto and tell them to make some

i wouldnt patch it if you dont know what your doing. last thing you want is your wagon to burn up

I mean is there a place i can get one like o'reilys? they said there is a company making oem parts only for cars that aren't manufactured anymore. I think it was doremans? is that a possibility?
  • i am still new to wagons. this is my first wagon i have every owned. with that said.....

the gas tank is not made by any aftermarket or honda any more. atleast to my knowledge and google.

your options are above.

714.jpg
  • marklmarkl New Wagonist
    You can get your repaired. Look for a Radiator repair place. They have the means to fix gas tanks.

Also, you could find a place like this -- http://gas-tank.com/

Mark.

P.S. That wagon above looks familiar.
  • mark1smark1s Band Wagon
    My (new) 89 rt4wd is currently at the garage for the gas tank. My garagist called me today because he couldn't find one anywhere and just told me that they would try to fit a CRV tank on the car... He seems confident... But then I realised that nobody around here have ever done that. Once I get the car back, I might post some pictures, I just hope that the car isn't going to be dangerous on the road or in snow during winter.