Windshield Wiper Transmission

My '91 has had loose wipers since I got it running. Through messing with it, I've actually broken it to the point it no longer works. The caps that hold the transmission arm to the balls on the motor and idler arms have disintegrated.

The transmission though Honda has been discontinued and all of the aftermarket places have the CRX and Civic HB/Sedan replacements only...and I've checked, once again, the wagon has a wagon only part.

Anyone know of a solution besides sourcing a used one?

Comments

• civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    i would have thought that those plastic bushings were the same for all 88-91.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    there is two wagons by my work that are getting parted out let me know 2533594496 shot me a text
  • i need bearing or bushings for the wipers. they are not crispy even with new blades. i need my wagon rain and snow proof.

also 1988rt can you find a hood for a decent price? shipped to ny 12180 also might consider rear seat covers if grey/grey
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    I will look today shoot me a text so i can text you pictures when out in the wrecking yard
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    civtec350 wrote: »
    i would have thought that those plastic bushings were the same for all 88-91.

They don't offer them separately from the arms. The bolt pattern for the idler arms are different between the CRX and Wagon, so they cannot be interchanged and the arm from the wiper motor to the first pivot arm is a different length and shape between the two.