rear bumper support for 1991 2wd wagon

i have searched but got no where .i need a picture of the support structure that holds the rear bumper on .our bumper was held on by ty wraps and wire .the suppor pieces have completely rusted away .thanks

Comments

• Are u talking about the plastic bumper or the metal bumper support inside the cover?
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    the metal support structure that goes inside the cover and bolts to the car .all that i have left is the 4 bolts , everything else is gone .need a picture so i can make a new one .thanks
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?6119-Rusted-rear-bumper-support-Make-your-own!&highlight=rear+bumper+support

Search harder next time. I put in "rear bumper support" and got this. This is basically the same as the EDM rear Bumper Supports. This is all we have holding our rear bumpers on.
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    that is what i was looking for , thanks for the help everyone .i havent got the hang of this forum search engine yet , too many responses to go through .the rear bumper must be like a sail catching crap .there is almost nothing left of that structure on our car .
  • let me know if you need me to seperate it from the bumper cover or take close up pics with measurements etc, i gotta clean the rust off and paint this one of these days or itll recieve the same fate!
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    those pics are perfect for me .they show what i need for the upper support and impact bar and what was used as energy absorber (white styrofoam ) i will post what i come up with .thanks a lot
  • 194.jpg

Australian 89rtx rear support.
    Hatchback looks similar but with more outwards offset