Suspension choices to further increase damping?

Does one know of a full coilover system that out performs Ksport CHD010-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System w/12kg(f) and 9.8kg(r)? I'm talking specifically bout damping or bound/rebound feel cause I may love my ksports but want to know of another coilover system that has the capability to further control the damping setting beyond which my ksports tops out at. Want a increase the setting but cant with the ksports cause im maxed out. Need someone who has experienced other brands/systems instead of theory. I use to own a Honda S2000 and got use to the hard stiff ride(better bound/rebound valving) which grew on me and the reason I want to increase the damping feel on my wagon.

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Fortune Auto, hands down best suspension I have ever had (Tein, Koni, Bilstein, SKunk2 etc being some of the others ive had)

I have the Series 3 500sereis in my ITR. They can custom valve them to your desired spring rate etc
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Fortune Auto, hands down best suspension I have ever had (Tein, Koni, Bilstein, SKunk2 etc being some of the others ive had)

I have the Series 3 500sereis in my ITR. They can custom valve them to your desired spring rate etc

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This is exactly what I'm looking for custom spring rates and valving straight out the factory and made in the USA.

Thanks
    [/FONT]
  • I believe AMR (amrengineering.com) has an application for this chassis. I had them on my Accord. Also another custom coilover system. May be another option for ya.
    I believe AMR (amrengineering.com) has an application for this chassis. I had them on my Accord. Also another custom coilover system. May be another option for ya.

Cool jus looked them up and Im jus gonna stop by "DOC Race" who's listed as a dealer on foster and 82nd ave SE Portland.

Thanks
    Both Fortune Auto and AMR engineering looks like they cater to buyers who's interested in custom set-ups like me! I jus don't know which system to purchase...i guess i'l do more research on these USA based companies. If i never had asked this question i wouldn't have been exposed to Fortune Auto and AMR engineering's quality products.
  • FA and AMR both have their advantages. I do not have much experience with FA. I know of a company that maybe able to setup a custom FA package for you. Look up "Broadway Static Suspension" and contact the owner Jaze (I believe that's his name).

As for AMR.... AMR has a record of having ZERO (0) blown dampers in eight (8) years of operation, espeically with a tracked tuned EVO. Pretty remarkable. If you google the product, they are popular on Civics, Accords and EVOs. I believe the dampers feature 8-way rebound adjustment, relatively larger 51mm (?) diameter pistons, monotube casing, custom HyperCo or Swift spring rates and associated custom valving. Plus the lifetime warranty. Their customer service is also pretty good, as I have only great experiences with Andy (the owner). If I ever decide (and have the opportunity) to jump into a Wagon, I plan to go with AMR.

GL with your research and decisions!
  • toothytoothy Band Wagon
    go with an itr setup and use 88 wagon rear lca to sit the rear lower