Lowering springs help?

2013-04-14182753_zps696cb4e5.jpg

I picked up these lowering springs cheap (from an EG I think), but has anyone come across this before? Looks like rears will be dropped 4-5" while the fronts only 1.5".

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• jpciiijpciii familEE
    wagon rear struts have a lower spring perch and longer rear springs. That's why everybody uses non-wagon rear struts to go with their lowering springs.
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Although I agree that those struts do have the lower spring perches, wagon rear struts are eye type and those are fork type?
    Or did they come out fork type in your neck of the woods?
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?16441-It-s-not-a-strut!

BillBoard told me about the 86-89 Accord front shocks.

For the rears, you could use an EG or possibly the 86-89 Accord rears, too.

I had a set of Koni Yellows for a DC Integra shortened quite a bit to run the threaded sleeves and 2.5"ID springs.
  • WagoDanWagoDan Wagonist
    Thanks guys that makes sense, I'll have to dig thru my scrap pile to see what I've got.

r8edm, the 88 was the only year that had the eye style they switched to the forkin style in 89. I swapped out my lca's for newer ones when I lifted my 88.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    on a side note, that is mint looking OEM stuff! mine looked like dog turds when i pulled them out.
  • WagoDanWagoDan Wagonist
    yeah I'll probably just swap them in the 91 but they do have close to 200k on em, cant compare to new ones though. The good news is the rear shocks on the 91 quit leaking!! :hopelessness: