Vorhizzle's 1993 Hatch

Here is the car how I got it.
55.jpg

It looked pretty straight when I bought it but the more I looked at it the more I decided it needed body work and paint. So I took it to a local shop and they treated me pretty good.

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

I bought a carbon fiber hood that had already been cleared and used.. the threw an idea out there about some black stripes to follow the bodylines of the car and I told them to give it a shot.

60.jpg

Here is a few shots of the finished product.

61.jpg

62.jpg

2.png

Here are my engine and trans k20a2 and 08 SI trans

63.jpg

64.jpg

Today I installed the Tuff Trac baffle.. pretty easy here are some pics.

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

Also did some fitment tests on my JDM Integra Type r Hubs and Spindles with my USDM rims.. I'd say they fit..

69.jpg

I need to take more pics of the parts I've got I forgot to today but the car will be receiving quite a bit of work over the next few weeks and hopefully she will be on the street in no time.

It's also currently sitting on AMR engineering coilovers.. Great Product I love them.

Comments

• Small update some pics of the parts I have lined up.

Insane Shafts 36mm Axles
    137.jpg

I installed some extended studs onto my JDM rear trailing arms. Waiting to press bearings and do the same on the fronts.
    138.jpg

Wiring Harness, Half Shaft, Clutch, Clutch Cables
    139.jpg

New starter and alternator
    140.jpg

Type R LSD
    141.jpg

New Integra front lower control arms with sway bar links. (Integra R sway bar on the way from Bodyman)
    142.jpg

RSX K tuned shifter, Emtech springs, New slave cylinder, intake gaskets, 4040 prop valve, 70mm throttle boddy, Integra RS Brake booster and master cylinder, Box of bolts from Bodyman. Integra R calipers waiting for paint.
    143.jpg

Now I am due to put in some work this weekend.
  • Awesome call on the black stripes on the hood. I really like it. Wow, K motor stuff. I think we need to talk over some beers and let me pick your brain.
  • My shop is in Graham if you wanna come over and drink some beers all are welcome.. Just don't be afraid of getting dirty and dogs.
  • Got some goodies today

New shift knob and ITR shift boot
    405.jpg

ITR front sway bar
    406.jpg

OEM mud flaps

407.jpg

Put my rear sway bar, sub frame brace and lower control arms on.

408.jpg

Also pulled the D15Z1 out of this VERY carefully planning on putting it in my wagon.

409.jpg

410.jpg

Never been more sketched out working on a car as I was with this.

411.jpg

412.jpg

Going to start cleaning up the bay soon.

413.jpg
  • Sounds like I can pick your brain this Sunday eh? We can talk about all your cool stuff then. Nice work engine removal. :encouragement:
  • If you wanna come down it'll be me and my old man there.
  • Come to the shop? I'd like that too. I get home in Spanaway around 4:30-5 each day except Thursday I get home late. What day and time is good for you? I'll stop by.
  • I will send you a PM
  • Small update

Got motor mounts (Hasports) and shifter plate today.

435.jpg
  • Started stripping down the bay today, got most of the stuff removed but forgot to take a picture of the passenger side motor mount removal. Here are a couple of pics.

638.jpg

639.jpg
  • I saw this in person yesterday....it is gonna rock !!
  • I saw this in person yesterday....it is gonna rock !!

I hope so.. It has been a process originally I was hoping to finish it by honda tech but.. that aint happenin
  • Small update - Cleaned up the engine bay in prep for a wire tuck and paint.. here are some images.

735.jpg

736.jpg

Hope to see people at Pacific Raceways tomorrow.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Good work, its going to be a weapon when you are done!
  • VorhizzleVorhizzle Wagonist
    Took the rest of the engine bay apart.
    122.jpg

Painted the engine and trans, then waited a few days and re assembled the motor

123.jpg
    124.jpg
    125.jpg

Figured some of you wagon guys could appreciate this.. I mean it says Made in Japan all over it right?

126.jpg

Here is my uncle's CRV with 65000 miles

127.jpg
    Got my posted 70mm RBC back from Stefan at ASP today.. Pretty pleased.

383.jpg
    Time for an update I've been busy with moving and my new job so here goes..

36.jpg
    ASP header

37.jpg
    K Pro
    38.jpg

39.jpg
    Shaved and primed the bay.. brake, fuel and heater lines masked off.

40.jpg
    Nothing huge but undercoated fender wells also
    Got the bay painted

74.jpg
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    Nice!!! I guess thats all the Brake lines there with the tape? Great idea doing the undercoating too.
    Brake lines, fuel line and heater hoses, next part of the build is putting the spindles on and running the brake lines a bit lower in the car not baller enough to do a brake line tuck
    Well the car is all put back together and I drove it yesterday man what a blast here is a start up video, open header not revving it on all the way cold it was at 180 degrees before we revved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6_f6EXVpw
  • That's what I'm talking about!! Great job Vorhizzle :encouragement:
    237.jpg

tell me what you think :)
  • civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    it looks great. very nice.
    civtec350 wrote: »
    it looks great. very nice.

Thanks man hard work paid off for me.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Love it, wish Kswaps wernt so expensive over here as Id love to give it a go!
    306.jpg
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    nice. is your header coated? stefan do that along with your IM? I just picked up one of his headers for my EP3, clean work on the whip!
    turbo_teg wrote: »
    nice. is your header coated? stefan do that along with your IM? I just picked up one of his headers for my EP3, clean work on the whip!

Nah the header is just raw stainless. Waiting on him to get exhaust piping still.. driving it on open header is less than appealing for my ears
  • 578.jpg

Favorite pic of the car from hondafest