Project Wagon: See where it goes.....

2»

Comments

• wftbwftb Wagonist
    Wagon looks awesome .Up here there is no such thing as a rust free wagon (or any 22 year old car for that matter) I see people on the forum parting out wagons because of rust and I look at them and think "thats a nice wagon , I could fix that " .Really like how your wheels came out .
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    She sure is a beaut! Wish i had some guys that knew what they were doing to buff mine out. My paint is still in good shape considering its an 89. Anyway, keep at it a little bit at a time.
  • 89Wa-gone89Wa-gone Band Wagon
    Whats up fellas.. If you scroll up a lil in my thread you'll see where I started to chop up a shopping cart to use as a roof basket. Well after a lil tweaking this is what is came out to be. I chopped it, worked the back half, sanded and painted - Dark hunter green with silver metallic flake and a hint of green pearl. These are cell phone pics so it doesnt do it any justice but I fell like it turned out nice and works perfect.
    181.jpg
    182.jpg
    Also added some blox extended lugs. Just trying to keep it clean and simple for now. Still wanting to do new wheels and tint soon. Just posted these pics cause I remember a few said they wanted to see the out come. Let me know what yall think.
  • Looks good man! Basket was a neat idea
    Wondering how this was coming along. Basket does look clean. A cool idea! Nice work.
    Thanks guys. I like the way it turned out. I still get people asking if I made it to "look" like a shopping cart. lol But it will work for now.
  • I love that basket idea and I love DIY stuff so good job. Paint looks amazing too!
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    nice touch with the shopping cart basket!
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Cut n buff job looks awesome!!

roof shopping cart basket is double awesome!!
    Whats up fellas. Life has had me at full speed for awhile now with 2 kids (boys) and a home life. But I have found time to do a few tweaks and turns on the wagon. I started with my first project which was making a wood grain floor for the rear hatch. It was a little time consuming beings I'm no carpenter but this is how it turned out.
    291.jpg
    292.jpg
    293.jpg
    294.jpg
    295.jpg
    296.jpg

Im pretty pleased with the way the floor came out.. I only started with a vision lol . So after the floor was all done I installed my sub/amp, and man did it look like poop with tan/brown interior, wood grain floor and grey speaker box. Well while I was in the building mood I decided to go ahead and make my existing box match the floor. Here's a few pics
    297.jpg
    298.jpg
    299.jpg
    300.jpg
    301.jpg
    302.jpg

I think it looks nice and turned out quit well. Like I said before. Im a mechanic by trade so wood really isnt my jig. Anyway I had a few nice sunny days, so i took advantage of them and did a lil color changing on the car. Sanded my wheels down again and paint them Seaside teal. I also made up a lil " plate frame" for the basket and paint matched with the the wheels. All that teal standing out I had to have something to match it. Pics for your pleasure:
    303.jpg
    304.jpg
    305.jpg
    306.jpg
    307.jpg
    308.jpg

Well thats pretty much it for now. I really havent had the time to do anything else. Im ordering a hood bra and setting up a date to get the windows tinted. I guess till then stay tuned.. #WagonLife
  • Awesome, awesome, awesome. Super sick basket idea. It will look great with some tint.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Flooring turned out great. Love the teal wheels as well.
    Thanks guys! Ya Im def ready for some tint. Riding fish bowl status sucks. And the basket comes in handy all the time. Im very happy with the way it turned out. Debating on whether I should paint it a different color or not. I was thinking about shooting it cream? Let me know what yall think.
  • Teal wheels turned out great. I may have missed it, but what suspension setup are you running? Looks fairly low to me.
  • Amazing wagon love the color. Haha I'm doing the same thing with the basket I have one sitting in my garage now
    Cream or even the wheel color teal may look good.
    Skunk2 full body coil overs. They dumped the hell out of it.
    Just dropping in the throw a few pics down and talk for a min. Really havent done to much to the wagon lately. Im thinking since the last time I checked in, Ive given her a lil stance and some different wheels. I also got a some-what rare Db armrest grey in color at a great deal so I threw that in. Thats pretty much it. Anyway till next time. Keeping it rolling!
    144.jpg
    145.jpg
    146.jpg

Its mounted for now. Gonna recover it and work on the tilt a lil. Anyway on to the diff wheels and stance.

147.jpg
    148.jpg
    149.jpg
    149.jpg

New wheels coming soon with a not so aggressive offset

150.jpg
    Wagon lookin good. Like the wheels!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I like the wheels (Rota Aleica?) and im not even close to being a rota fan :P
  • So I am going to do the same thing in my trunk but was worried about one: it being noisy back there from it being loose and two: the wood rubbing the piss out of the plastic in the back. Have you had these problems?
    Thanks for all the comments guys. 503 I made mine a lil heavy just for those reasons. I dont have any issues like that what so ever. Only prob ive had is the sun faded the wood a bit but it still looks great. Just a lil aged like the car lol Till next time fellas.
  • Just laying down another photo of the wagon. Cleaned, buffed again and sitting pretty.
    1.jpg
  • Hey whats up to those who are still following this build. I understand that this site is for the civic wagon only but, I would like to drop a few pictures of the latest project. I picked up a 90 sedan lx. She was pretty ruff. The PO used spray paint on alot of stuff and pretty much used it for a work car. It has a d15b mpfi swap attached to a 5pd si tranny. Rear disk conversion and lots and lots of dirt and grim. Pics of her the day i went and looked at it.
    491.jpg
    494.jpg

So I bought it. took her to the shop and started to go threw it to see what I got.....
    495.jpg

I really didnt want the wheels that were on it, so I told the boy I would bring them back if he knocked it off the price. And he did. I really wasnt to much worried about it seeings I had a fresh BNIB set of Rota Alecias 15x8 +15. So I got a set of Toyo's 195/45's and went to go mount........ Thats were I ran into my first Issue. The wheels would mount on the rear fine, no issues at all. But when I got to the front, it wasnt happening. Of course my first thought was WTF?? 15x8 0 offset mounted on the wagon fine.!! Well as frustration sat in I found my way to a mix drink and Google. I read that you had to run 5mm spacers on the front of the sedan to clear the calipers. No problem. Called down to the local parts store and had them send me 4 spacers. Two for front/Two for the rear. Slapped the spacers on. Went to go tighten down the lugs and driver/side was fine. Made my way to the pass/side and it was a no-go. As I tightened the wheel it became seized onto the caliper again. Removed the wheel and gave her the ol' WTF again? Long story short, someone changed the whole brake system off a DA onto this thing a one point in time.. Now where the problem is that the pass/side is DA and the driver/side is still EF to my knowledge. Anyway so I replaced the knuckle and caliper and rotor(s) and got everything to bolt up. This is where Im at now..
    497.jpg
    499.jpg
    501.jpg
    502.jpg

Well, till next...
  • O ya forgot to mention. I met a guy off here. WafflesWagon, his name is Cody. He stopped by the shop to show me his wagon and check the place out. Really cool dude. Heres a pic of us EFing around.
    504.jpg
    Still following! Had same issue with my wagon, dx swap dont clear ef compatible wheels, so used spacers. Started breakingworking lug studs so be careful. Ended up changing wheels with diff offset. Anyway, I like em both, especially that cream machine!
    Finally got everything rite on the sedan suspension wise. Colder weather has brought out the signs of a bad battery in the wagon. But thats the great thing about winter. Turn the heat on in the shop and let the projects begin. Anyway This will be the last post bout the sedan and I will continue to update on the wagon I suppose.415.jpg
    416.jpg
    417.jpg
  • You should make a build thread for the sedan
  • Your wagon looks great btw.
    Sold the sedan. Wagon is just sitting in the garage. Mite take her out to East Coast Honda Meet