my hearse-the ''abe lincoln'' lincoln

this is my 1988 lincoln town car hearse. my friend derrel traded another friend a 1999 beetle for a 1997 ranger and this hearse. then i traded derrel a 1989 civic si hatchback i had for the hearse. the civic had some problems, but it had an lsvtec, and was turboed, but i kept the turbo kit. i really just wanted something different.

drivetrain:
stock 5.0 with tune up and 100,069 miles
short ram intake from parts laying around
aod transmission
stock 8.8 rear end with new seals, and brakes

body:
some trim pieces off that sit in the back of the car

interior:
original
stock seats (very comfortable)
sony cd player
jvc speakers

my future plans for the car are to fix an oil leak,and eventually (depending on funds) is to make it manual with a t5 transmission. but for now just driving in.

[IMG][/img]jeff068_zps7e92677d.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff067_zps7722d2a9.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff065_zpseb2f0366.jpg
[IMG][/img]jeff061_zps0df53da0.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff066_zpse1a7dd8b.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff064_zps6456af5f.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff062_zps4b89fac4.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff063_zps7603bfa9.jpg

Comments

• this is the civic i traded for the hearse. 162.jpg[/IMG][IMG][/img]b0f17dfb.jpg

i kept a few things off the car, but i know i still had more money in the civic than the hearse was worth.
    but i just wanted it because its different.
  • Oh HELL yea! Slam it to the ground, murder it, put a canvas roll top on it, fill it full of sub woofers and call it "rest in PEACE"! Hahahahahaha!
  • Definitely different. Haha. I would put a mini fridge in it and like 4 12" subs. And an instantly inflatable bed. There is nothing ladies love more than getting frisky in the back of a hearse.
  • i joked with my girlfriend about going camping in it. but she didnt find it as humorous as i did. i would like to do some kind of system, lower it, and make it 5 speed but i got my chevelle and a trailer that are taking my time and money.
  • Actually seems like a really cool project and obviously gives you lots of room to improvise and create something really unique.
  • monzstermonzster Band Wagon
    Thats too cool. I always wanted a hearse when I was younger. Never got one cause my girlfriends said they would never ride in one. You can do so much with em.
  • Hang a back hoe of the back of it so you could dig graves... it would look like a black scorpian
  • didnt they put a backhoe in the back of the hearse on monster garage? and then a hydraulic ram pushed the casket out of the car.
  • Hah! - that must be where I got that crazy thought... always had much love for the chevelle's. A neighbor had a brand new 1970 or so (yea I'm that old) SS 396 red with black rally stripes when I was a kid., my first car crush... then a good bud in high school had 66 super sport on a 4x4 truck frame with 44" tires that was REALLY cool till we rolled it into the side of our school and total'd it comin' back from a kegger. Good times... :encouragement:
  • my tire blew out about a week ago. going about 35, it was pretty uneventful.[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse018_zps3386351b.jpg
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    sick! I've always wanted a hearse :devilish: good luck with it!
  • when i got the hearse i had to put a rear wheel seal in it. i had to take the axle shaft out of the differential, pull all brakes and hardware off, etc. i didnt even bother to look at the differential, or even just the tag, to see that it has limited slip, and i didnt put an additive in it. but since i got the car it would sometimes chatter going from reverse to forward i figured it was a bad pinion bearing. well it started leaking again about a week ago, (the seal was cut probably from putting the axle back in). so i put in a new seal and wheel bearing. the car does have limited slip (and 3.55 gears) so i put the equa turque friction modifier in for the limited slip, and it made a big difference, no more chatter. but it is leaking again so i am going to get a repair wheel bearing that is sealed on both sides, because the housing is a little boogered up from heating it to get the wheel bearing out that was in there good. so hopefully third times a charm, or else i will be looking for another rear.
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    I also thought of getting a hearse just for fun. I had an idea, I would put a coffin in the back and when arriving to a show or a meet I would drift the damn thing, pull a latch mid-corner and the coffin would blast out of the car.Can you imagine pulling this at the petrol station, people would be devastated :D
  • i did the axle seal for the third time, and knock on wood it is not leaking yet. i got mad at it while i was changing it(i dont remember if i hit my hand with the hammer or what it was), and i threw the axle like a javelin. but other than that it went smooth, and doesnt leak. i had to use a repair bearing, because the axle was starting to get a wear spot in it from the bearings original location. also i took apart a portable 12 volt air compressor and mounted it to the inside of the grille, and to the skull hood ornament. and with the use of some threaded rod, welded nuts, and a bearing, at the flip of a switch the skull spins at about mach 6. its pretty funny.
  • i added some scallops to the hearse with some red rustoleum spray paint that i had. the total cost was less than $10 in tape, and about an hour and a half. im going to add some grey paint for pinstriping to the edges because the paint lifted up some of the original clearcoat, which lifted some of the red paint. but im happy with it.
    996.jpg997.jpg998.jpg999.jpg