The Third Gen Turd

Comments

• ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Let's see some updates! I know there is lots to share.
  • Haven't been posting lately, here are a few things that have been going on with the wagon. Finally making some serious progress..

197.jpg
    198.jpg
    199.jpg
    200.jpg
    201.jpg
    202.jpg
    203.jpg
    204.jpg
    205.jpg
    206.jpg

http://vid1325.photobucket.com/albums/u625/davidharwood23/IMG_0745_zps97bchhio.mp4

Click the link for the video of the car running, we have yet to get the exhaust all set up but I do have a muffler and cat ready to go. Still have a quite a few things that need to be addressed but we are making great progress.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    my idol!!!
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    my idol!!!

:cool: Love what you have been doing to your wagon Bill!
  • Rickstar22Rickstar22 New Wagonist
    Quick Question...

Where did you run the vent hose from the tank to? I'd like to lose the evap canister, but don't have an idea to route the hose from the firewall?

Hope to get mine looking that good someday... Very nice !!!
    Because I'm getting antsy to finish this.. Thing's unreal.
    123.jpg
    Rickstar22 wrote: »
    Quick Question...

Where did you run the vent hose from the tank to? I'd like to lose the evap canister, but don't have an idea to route the hose from the firewall?

Hope to get mine looking that good someday... Very nice !!!

The line that you mention coming from the tank is a simple vent tube.
    So you can feel confident in routing the line down your firewall, aimed for the ground.
    It's very rare that this line will weep. Cheers!
    damn it. I keep waiting for the update where this bad mofo is rolling down the street dropping panties...
    damn it. I keep waiting for the update where this bad mofo is rolling down the street dropping panties...

I was hoping it would be before the new year but we ran into some issues with the paint, as soon as those issues get squared away we can make moves towards getting this thing road worthy.
  • I'll just leave these here..

6.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    8.jpeg

Still trying to sort out getting a new front bumper skin, the parts distributor I usually purchase my parts from isn't shipping bumpers anymore. Too many had to be returned because they get damaged in shipping.. Bummer
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    It's BEAUTIFUL! Great work fellas!
    214.jpg
  • Thanks guys, Bill that's pretty much what I did when I took those pictures.

I managed to track down a bumper skin today with the help of a local dealer, worked out in my favor because I didn't have to pay for any shipping costs; which otherwise would have doubled the cost of the part! It should be here in a few weeks and slapped on the wagon shortly after.
    bumper skin? are you getting new bumpers??? Those ones look perfect?
    bumper skin? are you getting new bumpers??? Those ones look perfect?

Just the front bumper, its hard to tell in the picture but it has some spots on it that are pretty rough.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I would eat out of that enginebay, so clean.
    Vladi wrote: »
    I would eat out that enginebay

*fixed....
  • That's honestly how I read it the first time...
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    :hopelessness::biggrin:
  • Hah! Thanks guys, something arrived yesterday from the dealership..

1.jpeg
    2.jpeg

Also sorted out finding an a/c dryer, autozone kept sending me the wrong part..
  • Got the wagon cleaned up, a friend of mine is going to take a look at the electrical issues I am having. Also need to pull the passenger side axles and replace the lock ring. After that is done she's off to the muffler shop! Still need to sort out a few bugs here and there but everything is really starting to come together! Can't even begin to say how thankful I am to have some awesome friends to help me throughout this project. Safe to say that I am very happy with how everything is turning out.
    Got the wagon cleaned up, a friend of mine is going to take a look at the electrical issues I am having. Also need to pull the passenger side axles and replace the lock ring. After that is done she's off to the muffler shop! Still need to sort out a few bugs here and there but everything is really starting to come together! Can't even begin to say how thankful I am to have some awesome friends to help me throughout this project. Safe to say that I am very happy with how everything is turning out.
    I am so excited! Cant wait to see this thing rolling!
  • Took the cargo cover out, I'm contemplating finding some maroon material to wrap the shelf in. Also need to look into mounting it more sturdy, over time it has started to sag really bad and looks like doo-doo..
    3.jpeg

Still need a few odds and ends if anyone has a wagon in a local junkyard. Need the brackets for the license plate, a few bolts for the bumper and a couple caps/plugs.
    4.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    I keep my eye out for those parts... Quite tricky to come across 3g wagons here, but it does happen every so often...

Love that interior.
  • ef001282ef001282 New Wagonist
    have Chaife contact me about the hole plugs and license plate mounts.
  • ef001282 wrote: »
    have Chaife contact me about the hole plugs and license plate mounts.

Cool, thanks man.. I found a few of the plugs but still need a couple other things.
    Adding some pictures that I snagged during assembly.
    235.jpg
    236.jpg
    237.jpg
    238.jpg
    239.jpg
  • Rickstar22Rickstar22 New Wagonist
    Have to ask... What valve cover gasket did you use? All the ones I see have the lock tabs on them, and the grommets are a little different. Do you just modify them, or am I totally missing something?

EDIT: Found the gasket finally....Grommets, found them too...Had to look at 86 stuff not 84.

BTW... Your rig is looking fab as usual !!!
  • Few updates, muffler is on.

1.jpeg

CF-48's have been painted

2.jpeg
    3.jpeg

Just for fun I put them on my buddies hatchback

4.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    yaaaaas!!! Those Aero covers tho!

*edit, what size of tires did you go with?