1990 Honda Civic Sedan back to Stock conversion.

2»

Comments

• RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    black with red interior looks so fucking good!

i was going to dye my entire EG interior red (i had type r seats and carpet in it) and paint it black to be a bit different) but went with black on black
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    557366_4095488196086_1987321899_n.jpg
    Feliz Navidad!!!
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    5speed rebuild kit ordered!

592.jpg
  • Seems like a simple rebuild but please lotza pics and details if you dont mind good sir! Do you need any special tools for the job?
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    Today my buddy brought over his engine hoist, engine stand, and jackstands. Should have the eng/trans out by the weekend. Looks like good weather ahead of us, will take lots of fotos!
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    694.jpg

Got the hood off and started the engine removal, such a nice day here in south texas!

695.jpg

I don't know what to do with this breather hose that connects to the valve cover. Its ratted out, any ideas?

696.jpg

Here is the dented to hell oil pan, im pretty sure there is a small crack that oil weeps out of.

697.jpg

Here is where i got stuck, this damn spring pin on the shift arm is being a PITA right now. What is the best way to pop these suckers out? I'm really close, i need to take out this stupid pin, the cv's and the mounts and then she will be out!
  • flat head or screw driver is what i used when i swapped my engine out and had to remove it worked for me or a punch point hopefully it helps
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    I used a bolt that was just slightly bigger then the pin and hit that with a hammer.
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    Alright got the pin out tonight, used a punch and a framing hammer...hopefully tomorrow i can pull the CVs and the motor mounts!!!
  • blood+sweat+tears, then all over again, good work man you've really done a great job! and good luck tomorrow
  • I use a 5mm deep socket for the "bitch" pin. Works pretty well.
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    Havent been workin on the sedan lately, weather has been too nice not to go fishin!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0-9pq6mZvw
    here is a little video of some fishin with my buddy alex
    Hopefully this weekend the engine will come out!
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    OK, so i took a little break and have put the honda on the backburner for a little while...but today i finally got around to taking care of business. I started to miss driving her around.
    610.jpg

Got stuck on this stupid ball joint for a while, i just wanted to be carefull not to mess up the threads

611.jpg

ahh this was such a moment!

612.jpg

613.jpg

614.jpg

Pulled the engine out all by myself. Sometimes friends find ways to back out of helping you out... It wasn't so bad, just would have been alot faster if i had an extra hand, anyways, been doing alot of fishing lately and catching alot too. Im thinking this weekend im going to clean up the bay and break down the engine/tranny... stay tuned
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    Well another nice day down in south texas, took the transmission off and started the step by step dis-assembly from the HELMs book. Things were going smooth until i got to this seal bolt!!!

gopr0505_by_soggynoggin-d5vydpk.jpg

Got a breaker bar and just ended up spinning the metal. So i got a punch and tried to put the metal back to square and this son of a gun aint movin!

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    So I have been away from the site for awhile for 1 really silly reason... I was going to the site through www.hondacivicwagon.com like I used to for all those years and it stopped linking to this page:stupid:
    anyways I got the damn seal bolt loose by taking to a local transmission shop, they charged me a 12pack of dr.pepper to do it for me. Once i got it home and popped it open it was a mess...
    75.jpg

Ball bearings going everywhere. Also, my 3rd/4th shift fork had a chunk broken off and it was floating around in there.

76.jpg

So thats the way it sat for a few of months I was determined to rebuild this transmission, but I couldn't find a 3rd/4th shift fork anywhere!! So I started reaching out to the honda community and sure enough I found a used trans for $150. So now I have this rebuild kit that I spent $200 on, maybe someone here is interested, i dont know.
    77.jpg

So I just slammed on the new used trans and dropped the engine back in, took me 2 days, but now shes running strong. I decided to not mess with the engine, if it aint broke dont fix it right, so i resisted the urge to do new gaskets and take the head to get all spiffy, she drove good when I pulled her out so why mess with a good thing.
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    39.jpg