Finally Got me a Wagon, 88 DX in Austin, TX USA

I've been looking for a decent wagon for sometime now and I finally found one.
Picked up this 88 DX in Ft.Worth for $2k
I'm loving it so far! Feels good to be back in an EF/EE :smug:
The wagon still has it's original motor with 231k in it with factory working AC and even working Cruise Control! I didn't even know any 88-91's came with cruise control! The previous owner installed a brand new deck with front AUX and USB aswell as new speakers up front. Car came registered and inspected too!
Overall the wagon is in spectacular shape, original paint and complete interior. the front seats have covers because of torn bolsters (as usual), other than that the back seat material is cracking. It needs a new center vent assembly and a new glovebox but those are minor things.
It runs and drives smooth and made the 300 mile trek from Ft.Worth to Austin with no problems, super smooth on the highway too!

The engine bay is crazy dirty and has oil leaks everywhere, it's getting the usual valvecover gasket set, dizzy o-ring etc this week, gonna see how long I can make this sohc last!

Since purchasing it on Friday i've already installed a Viper 5901 alarm and bought a set of blue rear speaker pods off of ebay. :D

I don't have too many pics of it yet, i'll be sure to start a build thread soon.

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Comments

• congrads man i know you have been looking for a while
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Looks pretty dang nice!! I can't wait to move back down to Texas. I miss it so much :(
  • t.kt.k New Wagonist
    congrads man i know you have been looking for a while
    Yea I was, unfortunately most of the ones posted around central texas are ragged out, if they're not they're gone off CL under a couple days. Glad I snagged this one.
    AlaskaB16 wrote: »
    Looks pretty dang nice!! I can't wait to move back down to Texas. I miss it so much :(
    I need to meet up with fellow wagoners in the area.