Brian_EE4's RT4WD stance build

Comments

• PavementwagoPavementwago Senior Wagonist
    Hush hush. U got it. Ya iv got a girl interested in buying mine. Her bf has one they live in Vancouver. Ill be hitting up the biggest show this Saturday in monroe.
  • hahaha yessirrr keep it on the DL girl! lol

it sucks you wont have a wagon anymore :frown-new: ill have nobody to roll around with, sucks..

wish i was already back with my new wheels, id gladly park next to you :)
  • well here soon ill be picking up a complete MINTY FRESH vintage civic CVCC woodgrain steeringwheel and CVCC woodgrain shift knob for a pretty penny but IMO well worth it!

i also found another set of wheels that now has me debating on the other set that i was FORSURE going to buy.. ive never seen either set on any wagon let alone on any honda.. still debating on sizes.. the first set of wheels are 15 x 8 -12offset the other can be any offset i choose.. i was debating on getting them in a 15 x 8 -12 as well because i will probably end up getting both sets of wheels eventually as well as having both sets of my steelies rebarrelled to the same specs so they'll all fit up flush..

ill post pictures of the steeringwheel and knob as soon as i can.. as for the wheels they shall stay a mystery, only one person still knows thats on this forum, HEH >=]
  • well the vintage WG wheel can be scratched.. the douchecanoe i was going to buy it from sold it under my nose without letting me know.. :mad:

guess i'll have to go with the nardi unless i can find a cvcc on my own..
  • Finally decided on the specs for the wheels im getting..

going to go with a 16 x 9 +/- 0 offset.. will be ordering them as soon as i get back to WA

only 6 more weeks left in afghanistan! almost time to get some progress on the wagon again, STOKED!!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Stay safe, and thanks again for serving.
  • thank you for the support! none of us would be able to do it without it!
  • man im back and forth with this damn build! lol

a little update to whats going on in my life which will affect this build a little.. starting to part out my racecar (del sol) and selling the 2006 BMW. going to be picking up either ::

a 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6
    371.jpg

or

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 for the wife
    372.jpg

both are around the same price range and get the same MPG..

still have a couple sets of wheels i am keeping my eyes on but i wont be able to get them as soon as i get back because i will also be buying my wife a new wedding ring and proposing again on her birthday, january 20th..

so the build will be slow but its far from done!

and opinions on which car to get for the wife would be appreciated, i know its off topic.. hopefully the mods wont mind lol
  • Personal opinion I don't like either... I would buy a used last gen legacy I love that style. the new gen doesn't do anything for me, but if its just between the two I would go legacy for the awd it's always a good option to have in Washington.

but if you wanna go accord I'd go cross tour and keep with the wagon thing
    375.jpg
    Love this one

so you back yet man? I really wanna see this build take off
  • I am running 16x9s on the front of my wagon (16x10 rear) and found fitting them a bit problematic. So I went a bit crazy with flares on mine to make sure I could dump it without it rubbing everywhere, was also rubbing on the inside of the rim but I am running about a 20 offset. I tried using my fender roller but it wasn't enough so luckily seeing as how my wagon needed some bodywork this wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Also if you are still deployed and need anything I am at a military base in Germany and can send you whatever you need for free, so don't hesitate to ask. I have no problems sending anything to the soldiers downrange.
  • Personal opinion I don't like either... I would buy a used last gen legacy I love that style. the new gen doesn't do anything for me, but if its just between the two I would go legacy for the awd it's always a good option to have in Washington.

but if you wanna go accord I'd go cross tour and keep with the wagon thing
    375.jpg
    Love this one

so you back yet man? I really wanna see this build take off

im not back yet man, i have 21 more days!! but she has kind of broadened what she wants for a car to either a G35 or G37 sport sedan.. before we bought the BMW she test drove a G35 sedan 6 speed that was lowered, GTR wheels, and an exhaust and she fell in love with it but the guy wanted too much, 20k for a 2003 no thanks..

believe me man ive tried talking her into getting a crosstour and letting me get some 20" Vossens for it and bagging it but she wont have it lol..

so maybe i should broaden the topic to what does everyone think a great family car would be thats 2007 and up..
    ragenasian wrote: »
    I am running 16x9s on the front of my wagon (16x10 rear) and found fitting them a bit problematic. So I went a bit crazy with flares on mine to make sure I could dump it without it rubbing everywhere, was also rubbing on the inside of the rim but I am running about a 20 offset. I tried using my fender roller but it wasn't enough so luckily seeing as how my wagon needed some bodywork this wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Also if you are still deployed and need anything I am at a military base in Germany and can send you whatever you need for free, so don't hesitate to ask. I have no problems sending anything to the soldiers downrange.

yeah ive been talking to a buddy of mine aka pavementwago, he had 16 x 9.5's on his wagon so ive been talking to him alot about fitment on the wheels that im looking at getting..

i would man but im about to leave afghanistan in 18 days and ill be in manas for 3 to 4 days before i get home.. i really appreciate it man! where are you at in germany?
  • I work in the Kaiserslautern area. Kind of all over the place, but mostly in the Landstuhl Hospital.

I know fitting wheels that wide can be done, but I didn't like the look much either on a stock body, but it all comes down to personal preference. My thread hasn't been updated in a very very long time, but there are some pics of the wheels sitting on the stock body.

Well be safe, glad to hear you are going home soon.
  • ragenasian wrote: »
    I work in the Kaiserslautern area. Kind of all over the place, but mostly in the Landstuhl Hospital. I know fitting wheels that wide can be done, but I didn't like the look much either on a stock body, but it all comes down to personal preference. My thread hasn't been updated in a very very long time, but there are some pics of the wheels sitting on the stock body. Well be safe, glad to hear you are going home soon.

thanks man, i used to be stationed in baumholder germany from 2006 - 2009. also ive been looking at a 2006 Infinity M45 Sport for $23k.

its REALLY nice: one owner, 57K miles, 335hp 4.5L V8, fully loaded, comes with 2 year free basic maintenance, and my own personal infinity assistant lol

this would be it :

28240492497.332624848.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x398.jpg
  • I live in Oberkirchen, pretty close to Baumholder. Worked up there in Baumholder for a bit too during the time you were stationed there. If there is anything you need from Germany hit me up.
  • oh there are a few things i could think of lol

might have to PM you good sir :)
  • EF FTWEF FTW New Wagonist
    Nice build, dude. Sorry to hear about having to sell all of your car parts. Can't wait to see more pics when you get back. I'm military as well getting ready to go back home in 7 days. I won't be getting the wagon up to where I live 'til March, so maybe you'll have your wheel fitment figured out and done by then to give me some ideas. I'm going for a similar fitment goal and I'm excited to see how your's turns out! Stay safe, bro.
  • thanks man, yeah it sucks but i had to do what i had to do..

it might take a little while to get my build up because ill be moving my wife up to WA, buying her a new wedding ring, and buying her a new car.. but i will get back into it as soon as i can!!

after the del sol has been parted out fully im sure the build will speed up a bit

same goes to you bro, keep your head down and stay safe!! what branch are you in? rank? MOS?
    Well when you do get it going, I can't wait! I'm curious what wheels your keeping a secret. Haha

PM'd you my info.
  • alright man sounds good! yeah i want to keep the few people that follow my build thread in suspense on my wheel choice lol..

i think i will buy them one wheel at a time that way i can get them in and test fit them, it will be a tease but i dont think i can convince my wife to let me buy a set all at once seeing that itll cost me around $1800 without tires lol

im also debating if i want a staggered offset or not.. im leaning towards not that way i can rotate the tires and get more life out of them but it would look pretty sick
    BrIaN_EE4 wrote: »
    im also debating if i want a staggered offset or not.. im leaning towards not that way i can rotate the tires and get more life out of them but it would look pretty sick
    That's my thoughts too. Plus I'm just weird and wouldn't really want 2 different sized wheels on a car. But that's just me...
  • yeah.. my buddy used to have some staggered Work Equip 01's on his 90 hatchback and it looked really good
  • well its official, everything is setup for the new wheels.. gonna take about 5 months to actually get them on the car after i get back but its worth the wait..
  • 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    Maybe by the time you get the wheels my wagon will be ready for a motor lol.
    :) yeah buddy
  • i cant wait for the testfit peter, im fkn STOKED! :)
    Down and out. Its gonna be dope
  • YESSIR!! ill be home in 2 days bro! FUCKING FINALLY!!!
  • Im home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    BrIaN_EE4 wrote: »
    Im home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Glad to hear :encouragement:
  • thanks bro, now i just need to get some monies in from parting out the del sol so i can start the build up again..

so after 9 months the battery was dead but that was all..

might be trading my kenwood single din headunit for a alpine single din flipout touchscreen headunit.. i need to get some speakers for the speakerpods and replace my door speakers and i need to install the speakerpods..

besides that not much is going on with the wagon at the moment, it needs a wash forsure though, ill snap a couple pictures of it tomorrow, hopefully its nice out like it was today