jeffs civic wagon rt4wd

now that i know how to post pictures, i figured id show my civic wagon.
656.jpg657.jpg658.jpg659.jpg660.jpg661.jpg

i have a 1990 civic wagon rt4wd manual.

d16a6 block and pistons (re-ringed, bearings, etc.)
d16z6 head
plastic short ram intake (iceman brand maybe)
k&n air filter
homemade short throw shifter(info from this site)
2 1/4 homemade exhaust stock header, catalytic converter,
aftermarket resonator, and a magnaflow muffler
15/16 civic ex master cylinder
smaller crx si brake booster
painted all amber corner lenses
painted red taillights
no name brand yellow fog lights with 88-91 prelude fog light switch
14'' vw jetta wheels
energy suspension rear trailing arm bushings
kenwood cd player jvc front speakers pioneer rear speakers (mounted low on the rear side panels)

the body has about 170,000 miles on it.
it has some rust that i will be working on soon.

thanks for all the good info from this forum. jeff.

Comments

• JonafinJonafin Wagonist
    What's the part # for those bushings? I got a set but I'm not sure of they're correct!
  • i dont remember, i ordered them from either jegs or summit racing.
    i ordered them for a 1990 civic hatchback. they fit perfect.
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    nice find! Looks very nice
  • thanks. i have had it for about 2 years. i bought it for $600 with no motor in it. but the guy gave me 2 motors with it. i did the usual maintenance, clutch, fluids, etc. my sisters 1994 ex civic seized so i put one of the motors in that, and took the head off her motor for the engine i put in the wagon.
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Thats cool! I wish i had known these even existed two years ago. Never seen a single one living in ND when i first got in the car scene back in 99. Even owned and was heavy into an AWD club for many years. Clean car man!
  • i found a good spot to mount my first aid kit from a lexus. i just cut away some foam from under the spare tire cover door, and used velcro to secure the first aid kit.778.jpg779.jpg[/IMG]780.jpg781.jpg
  • here are some pictures with the roof rack.
    [IMG][/img]jeff058_zpse883387b.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff059_zpsa5d14cac.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff057_zps92d8e812.jpg[IMG][/img]jeff056_zpsce54fbca.jpg
    this is my new oem roof rack i picked up at a junk yard for $60. i just set it where i liked it, drilled holes and used nutserts (threaded rivets) to hold it down with new bolts.

[IMG][/img]jeff055_zpsf82b9d86.jpg

i also picked these brackets from the same civic wagon, in the junkyard for a cargo divider shelf/cover, but the cover was already gone.
  • [IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse026_zps1225ba25.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse025_zps27ebdcfb.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse021_zps6dd65132.jpgthis is my rear cargo mat. made to fit from a 1995 tahoe mat.
    [IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse016_zpsa38a5cad.jpgheres my energy suspension rear trailing arm bushings.
    [IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse019_zps238e446b.jpgmy foglight switch froma 88-91 prelude.[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse013_zps7990b268.jpg
  • these are the floor mats i made from a universal set from my job. they were about $10. i just cut the thread that holds the outer lacing to the actual mat. then i cut my pattern, and crudely sewed the lacing back to the mat.[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse011_zps1c5c06ea.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse010_zps5ade8734.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse009_zps7c03d6af.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse012_zps45f19a8c.jpg
  • here are some pictures with the new grey interior installed. i had to paint my blue carpet, and the center console with medium gray vinyl and fabric paint, and they came out nice. the center console color looks a little light though.792.jpg793.jpg794.jpg
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    I think you should be able to find another cargo cover to fit between those brackets. PelonMB has an Xterra cover in his wagon and I think he said it was on the stock brackets. Nice touches!
  • pelonmbpelonmb Band Wagon
    Here is a pic of my cover that came off of an 02 Nissan Xterra, and yes it worked great with the oem brackets.
    804.jpg
    805.jpg
  • Is it just me, or are the front rail brackets on the roof rack backwards?
  • cool. thanks. thats good to know about the xterra cargo cool.

its very possible that the end pieces of the roof rack are backwards. ive seen them both ways, but the car it came off of was set up like that, and it works great.
  • Cargo cover ingenuity!! Good alternative to OEM.
  • civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    well because i had a broken spring in the front, i decided to change all springs and struts from my 2wd wagon that i had, onto my 4wd. this is the front height with stock 4wd springsjeff240_zpsc704e0c4.jpgthis is the rear height with stock 4wd springsjeff241_zps1b3dad46.jpgrear comparison
    716.jpg[/IMG] i did reuse my original rear struts because they felt better. i will replace all 4 when i get the extra cash.
    front comparisonjeff244_zpsa65c0327.jpg front after 2wd springs installed and settled after driving717.jpg[/IMG] rear after 2wd springs installed and settled after driving
    [IMG][/img]jeff245_zps2855218b.jpgso there was a slight drop in the front, and about 3/4''-1'' in the back.
    i had to fix the annoying raspy sound in my civic. it was the cheap ebay high flow cat that i bought. the inside broke and was rattling. so i made a piece of straight pipe work for a couple of days. and then i fixed it with a glass pack yesterday.
    i used a 20'' muffler (25'' overall length) and welded a flange onto it, to mate up to the exhaust manifold. it sounds so much better. its a little quiet, but it sounds good.

[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse092_zps3ce92967.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse091_zps619037d6.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse090_zps5f1aa49f.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse089_zps3a19545f.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse093_zps3caffa9b.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse094_zps4f5fba23.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse095_zpsc842e76c.jpg
  • cool build.

are you in for the offroad adventure club? i see your in ny too.

also if your close to albany lmk. i need a exhaust after i mount my turbo
  • also if you use the springs from the rt4wd rear strut on the new ef/2wd strut you should get a lift.

the spring perch is mounted inches lower on the ef/2wd struts. and the springs are shorter. so in theory if you swap the wagon springs onto the ef struts you should get a bit of a lift.

lmk if you try this and it works.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=832089

603.jpg
    i am about an hour and a half from albany. the reason i used the 2wd springs was one of my 4wd springs was broken, other wise i would have stayed with them. i would like to do a lift eventually, but for now its fine with me. i wouldnt mind doing the adventure club, i did a little trail riding with it near my house.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Nice progress! keep up the good work!
  • i noticed that my transfer case was making a loud whining noise, and the rear driveshaft had some play in it. so i took the motor and transmission out to rebuild the transfer case.i found that the previous owner had the transfer case serviced because it had silicone in place of an o ring, and my whole problem with the noise and play was a loose yoke nut going to the rear drive shaft.so i replaced the rear seal, 2 o rings, and the crush collar. the bearings still looked great so i reused them. i packed the bearings with vaseline, and set the bearing preload by feel. no more noise or play.
    i dont have more pictures because i dont take many pictures while im working on stuff. these are all before pictures, its nice and clean now.

heres a couple of part numbers if anyone needs the reference.

napa # 14756 rear transfer case seal to rear driveshaft
    honda #29351-ph8-910 crush collar for transfer case pinion
    honda #91303-ph8-010 o ring for the plate behind the yoke that houses the pinion
    honda # 91309-ph8-000 o ring for side cover that houses the ''ring gear'' for the transfer case

305.jpg306.jpg307.jpg308.jpg309.jpg