Speedometer not working

I have a b18b1 ls engine with a b16a tranny running on cable tranny
I don't know what could be wrong with my speedometer.. I went to the junk and I replaced the stock one with a 91-93 integra one and it still doesn't work.. Although, when im driving on the hwy you can see the miles rise and you can see the speedometer go up but very laggy.. I don't know what it could be. what do you guys think? maybe the cluster?

Comments

• JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Check the cable where it plugs in behind the speedometer. Mine did that and it ended up being unplugged. Or it could be the cable itself.
  • thanks.. everything looks fine.. i got new cables from the junk... i tried my other speedometer that i know that actually works... i think it might be from the cable to the tranny.. any other ideas?
  • is the cable pushed in the speed sensor(speed gear) on the transmission all the way? there should be a clip shaped like a ''v'' holding the cable into the speed sensor. if it is i would take the speed sensor out and make sure the gear spins freely, and isnt missing a tooth. it should just be one 10mm bolt to remove the tab and pull the speed gear out of the transmission. if the mileage is still working, it would make me think it is something wrong with the speedometer gauge itself.
  • ... if i take out the speed sensor out of the tranny is the gears and the tooth on the speed sensor? or is it in the tranny when i take it out.. if you know what i mean.. but yeah i'll take a look at it.. thanks that helped the most
  • yes, the gear will come out with the speed sensor.
  • nope everything looks good the gears look fine... no chips or any grinds...
    must be the speedometer