NEW rywire harness *car wont start

I know its prolly going to be something simple and stupid but I've been trying to figure out why the car wont start now. Its a mess of wires right now, Im really trying to get it to start before I start cutting and tucking the rest of the wires. So far everything is plug up but I think 3 plugs(VTS, REV, VSS).
The car will crank but wont turn over. Im not sure if one of those plugs will stop it from starting? And I know its still really dirty and rough looking in the engine bay, but im just trying to make sure everything is going to work before I clean it up.

Heres what I've got going on :hopelessness:

560d0b5c.jpg
84cd4ff7.jpg
490e3bb3.jpg

Comments

• do you have the ground on the thermostat housing? is it getting no fuel, or no spark?
  • Hard to check with just one person but I dont think its getting spark, it'll crank but just wont fire. The Knock Sensor on the block is a brownish square connector while the plug on the harness is round.
    Guess I'll be calling Rywire tomorrow, maybe they can help me. It shouldnt have been this hard to swap over the harness.
    fml
  • Well after going back over everything i took a close look at the harness where it connects to the ecu, noticed there where some missing wires. That led me back to rywire's website, which i find out i need to tap into the harness. I face palmed this one BAD! Hopefully I'll get to re-pinning this fast and have the wagon back on the road.
    I swear its this Texas heat thats messin' with my head :)
    http://www.rywire.com/catalog/images/instructions/i_milspec_ef.jpg
  • well i wired up the 5 wires and still wont fire. does anyone know if the knock sensor could be the reason it wont start?
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    Knock sensor wont keep a car from starting

1) Check of your check engine comes on and turns off
    2) check for fuel pressure (Turn Key on possition and feel the fuel line coming out of your fuel filter, also listen if your fuel relay is coming on)
    3) check for spark (Put a spark plug on the wire and ground it to the engine see if it sparks)
  • Figured it out tonight. Went through and cleaned up all my wires, soldered everything and heat shrink. What it came down to was found out my injectors werent firing. I had fuel pressure and spark, just needed to plug in for the high impedance and she fired right up. Ill be posting up in my build thread now. Gotta go back through now and clean up all the wires under the dash, find a place to hide the fuse box and tidy everything up. :)