Grifty's RT4WD Concerto

Comments

• Got the block cleaned up and painted, also painted the rocker cover.

Sent the head off for a resurface, 3 angle valve job, new valve stems and a clean, should be picking it up this weekend.

439.jpg
    440.jpg
  • Picked up the head yesterday :)

Soo fresh and clean!!

441.jpg
    442.jpg
  • Did some work on the block, new OEM filter and got my black box delete fitting installed ready for a catch can.

443.jpg

Installed my extended intake manifold studs and test fitted the P2R gasket today, also painted a few other bits and pieces of the engine.

444.jpg
  • more pics man more pics i wanna see more lol im literally in love with this sedan lol
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Alright you asked for it :)

25/2/13

Got my head fully assembled, now just waiting on ARP head studs, gaskets, water pump & timing belt to come in.

415.jpg

5/3/13

Did some more work to the motor

Water pump installed, new rocker cover seals on, new cam/crank seals.

416.jpg

I also tried to mount my sway bar over the weekend. Instead of drilling into the boot floor you can slip in 2 bolts from the lager hole in the chassis. I was so close to fitting it but it interferes with the rear diff mount, I'll have to do some modifications next time I get a chance.

417.jpg
    418.jpg
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    12/3/13

Change of plans, put the JRSC up for sale....

Was not expecting something like this to pop up for sale, too good to pass up :)

Custom made intercooled JRSC

419.jpg

Another package came in today

Brand new OEM engine wiring harness, has been discontinued from Honda for a while :D

Vintage part number sticker

420.jpg
    421.jpg

Turns out the loom is slightly different, but it shouldn't be an issue :) Minor differences as it was meant for an auto car with no cat converter.

Also forgot to mention that the S/C came with a custom intake pipe. This flows a lot better than the stock pipe that uses 2x 90 degree turns and has casting imperfections. Port matched on both ends with a 62mm TB.

422.jpg

Still waiting on my parts from Honda USA to arrive for the motor so I can finish it off. Also need to purchase a heat exchanger and other bits and pieces.

Here is the actual cooling unit inside the S/C manifold itself, its huge!!!

423.jpg
    424.jpg

Intake pipe and water tank

425.jpg

Also though I might add this pic I found :)

426.jpg

I so want this!!

Leather interior + gathers stereo steup!

427.jpg
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    22/3/13

Another order from Honda USA, managed to find a dealer who would still ship to Australia :)

428.jpg

also a better shot of the SC with intake :)

429.jpg

8/3/13

Got my hands on some more rare JDM parts over the weekend, will post some pics soon :)

Also got some new bolts in to freshen up the bay abit

430.jpg
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Who did the SC intercooler?
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Who did the SC intercooler?

It was custom made by One cam only member Esteen2
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    I picked up a JDM EF2 with a fellow Ozhonda forum member to part out, these parts will be going on my car

Original flare
    Rear wing
    Projector foglights complete, anyone have a Concerto fog light switch??
    Gathers Stereo
    EF2 full automatic climate control setup (Not installing this, keeping as a spare)

490.jpg
    491.jpg
    492.jpg
  • im so jealous man i want those fog lights and car in general sucks it just would cost to much to import one here to the united states but great build man one of the best builds iv seen thumbs up
  • pretty shweet
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Thanks guys! I always try my best when doing anything, and I'm also sort of a perfectionist hehe

Cleaned up the foggies today, resprayed the brackets, bolts n washers. Need to fix the other bracket as its abit bent. Turns out I got a brand new complete fog light harness from a 2007 Camry that will work perfect for em:) Now I just need to find a fog light switch that fits my car.

737.jpg

Also cleaned up the Gathers stereo, shame about the peel on the buttons but ill be super careful.

738.jpg

Heat exchnager came in as well over the week

739.jpg
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Would any of you RT4WD Wagon guys be interested in Brand new OEM gear knobs? I think I may have managed to find a supplier who can still get their hands on brand new ones.
  • The build is looking sick, really good progress too. The charger is gonna be sick as well!

Would you mind linking me to the site you buy OEM honda stuff from in the US, need to get a few parts, cheers
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Small update, got my fog light switch with harness from Alex Voss in NZ last week. If you need any JDM parts shoot him an email at alxv21@gmail.com he might be able to help you out

Civic left, Concerto right

622.jpg

This came in the mail today, re-made pre delivery stickers, I managed to get the last one :D

623.jpg

and......

624.jpg

Picked this up from JDM Yard today, thanks Yonas!! (Y)

Also got the stereo installed but having issues with reception, i think its the FM band converter
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    So these boxes came in today.....

865.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Nice boxes!
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Cbf opening them.....

868.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    869.jpg
  • This thread is awesome!! Beautiful car indeed, I would be interested in a RT shift knob if possible..
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Thank you!! Will try to see if I can get the gearknob, I ordered the shifter thinking it was the knob.... Its abit hard since everything is in Japanese and there are no diagrams

Picked up a set of lug nut caps about 2 hours ago

All thats left now is to get some quotes on re-barrelling them :)

936.jpg
  • Grifty wrote: »
    Thank you!! Will try to see if I can get the gearknob, I ordered the shifter thinking it was the knob.... Its abit hard since everything is in Japanese and there are no diagrams

Picked up a set of lug nut caps about 2 hours ago

All thats left now is to get some quotes on re-barrelling them :)
    i do re-barreling on wheels but dont know if you wanna stay 2 or 3 piece cause i turn them into a welded 2 piece wheels
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    i do re-barreling on wheels but dont know if you wanna stay 2 or 3 piece cause i turn them into a welded 2 piece wheels

I think I'll stick to 2 piece, maybe just get custom lips made and welded on?

Are you able to give me some rough pricing on what you would charge so i know what to expect?

Would be sweet if i could send these to you but shipping would be a killer from Australia :(
  • i could also do 2 piece but its more expensive just the work alone is about 1500 usd plus shipping and everything your looking around 2k usd total
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Damn :(

What would you recommend? I would ideally like these to be made 16 inch around 8 inch width and about +20 offset.
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Went to Eastern Creek drags today, only got to do 2 runs....

Best time was 16.5 with a 2.2 60ft. I reckon I could of got 16.4 with a perfect launch

366.jpg
  • what size are your wheels the mr5 are they 16s ? or 15's lmk maybe i could help you with re-barreling them if there 16's 16x8 is possible to do in a 20 offset lmk
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Change of plans, Kswap time! K24 is on the way, just installed the shifter :)

266.jpg

lol kidding

Started to strip the car for a respray and engine swap, bay is almost done & the dash + everything underneath is gone.

267.jpg
    268.jpg
  • Got some new parts over the past week.

- Exedy HD clutch and Hardrace control arms thanks to Yonas (Y)
    - Innovative mounts from Swap Shop Racing
    - Prototype rebuilt viscous coupler by STE Couplers

124.jpg

Thanks to the nice guys at STE Couplers I was able to send them a faulty one and after 3 months of R&D + custom seals + multiple fluid changes and dyno testing they were able to successfully rebuild the viscous coupler. Now all of you Civic Wagon guys can send yours to them if they are faulty. Top notch blokes!

125.jpg