FastBrakes EF rear brakes on wagon

So I had a FastBrakes EF civic 11" rear brake kit laying around and decided to see if it would fit.
Before shot.
796.jpg
You have to trim a little off the trailing arm.
797.jpg
You end up with this, I don't think the strength has been affected.
798.jpg
You also have to trim the aluminum bracket from the kit. Before on the left, after on the right.
799.jpg
After everything is fitted up.
800.jpg
Thiskit requires 15" wheels
801.jpg
Overall it's a good bit of work, but it looks pretty nice when it's done.

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Looking good, man! That's heaps easier than the DA brake install, because the bigger rotor lets the caliper mount further from the hub. I may have to try this on an RT.

Are you still running the intercooled JRSC? How's it working out?
  • lecoqlecoq Wagonist
    What e-brake cables are you using?
  • esteen2esteen2 Band Wagon
    It uses integra rear calipers and integra sedan e-brake cables. I have already drawn up a caliper bracket that will fit without grinding on it, I may get a machine shop to make a few sets.
  • BishopBishop Band Wagon
    was this on an rt4wd or fwd car? looks clean.
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    Bishop wrote:

2wd Boss, look at the spindle. :D
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    what did this cost you?
    Well I had the kit left over from my 88 hatch part out. Im not sure what they cost new now. Like I said it's a fair amount of work to get it to fit, one reason Im gonna have a new bracket machined just for a wagon rta.
  • moff3ttmoff3tt Band Wagon
    I just wish with that kit the pad contacted all of the rotor or something. I know it is completely functional as it, but at the same time I am like "ehh I wish it was more even,"

I would be interested in some brackets if they ever go from paper to metal.
    There going from paper to metal soon, got them modeled in Solidworks today.
  • Honda HPHonda HP Wagonist
    theoretically would this work on the rt's?
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    Mr G wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

2wd Boss, look at the spindle. :D
    ??? hope your joking boss why would a 2wd have a axle nut on the rear trailing arm?
    sorry i dont post much but damn.. lol
    Honda HP wrote:
    theoretically would this work on the rt's?

im pretty sure the car was a RT boss.lol
    this forum really should have been so much further with mods for these cars by now and detailed write ups but to sift through all the useless b/s for a little information hardly seems rational.

-OP thanks for posting this dude looking forward to the follow up on those brackets keep up the good work!
    The car is 2wd.
  • tumal1tumal1 Band Wagon
    the car is a RT for sure, and I want one bro, so I am very interested on this bracket thanks man..
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    esteen2 wrote: »
    The car is 2wd.
    I stand corrected. I didn't remember my 2wd having a rear nut maybe it's what was behind that cap though. Either way do you have a part number I wanna try it out on my rt
    I made my first prototype set of brackets, they work but I working on the issue of the small pad contact area on the rotor. Im searching for a different caliper rotor combo that may work better.