lowering my wagon, GC sleeve hight estimations?

Lowering my wagon this weekend and I calculated I have about 5 inches to lower till my mud flaps scrape and about 3 to tuck my wheels so the sweet spot is 4 inches or so. Now, I am going to be swapping out the rear struts for regular EF struts which will make it sit lower, and I'm using ground control sleeves and I'm trying to decide whether I should just run the springs and leave the adjusters off (gives another half inch of drop) or if I should keep em on and run em all the way down?

Comments

• You should do whatever suits your taste and not what the masses think you should do. Also it is half an inch with or without the adjusters, is it that important?
  • tokico whites with GC'S and i left the adjusters on the front but ran all the way down. On the back i am about half way up on the sleeve. Car sits perfect however on aggressive driving with roll i do scrap the mud flaps, but then the mudflaps start to have a cool used look to them :)
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    ragenasian wrote:
    You should do whatever suits your taste and not what the masses think you should do. Also it is half an inch with or without the adjusters, is it that important?

guess I wasnt clear. I'm trying to get tucking and I was wondering if it would be necessary to remove adjusters to get it low enough
    Okiewagon1 wrote:
    tokico whites with GC'S and i left the adjusters on the front but ran all the way down. On the back i am about half way up on the sleeve. Car sits perfect however on aggressive driving with roll i do scrap the mud flaps, but then the mudflaps start to have a cool used look to them :)

do you have a pic of how it sits with those settings?
  • I would first try it with the sleeves on. That way you can adjust the height. If it isn't low enough with them on, just take them off.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    only thing is the struts have to come off with the spring compressor I'm doing and thats a lot of work to do twice. but its probably whats going to happen
  • I agree it is a good bit of work. But if you put them on without the sleeves and it is too low you'll have to end up doing it anyways
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    and theyre only temporary anyway. Looking into a bag set up 8)
  • 1.jpg?1321408042

hahaha, jk. Where you getting the bag setup from? or are you custom making it?
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    k sport makes a set up. Its about 2300 though. Im going to look around and see if I can find something else.
  • you only have to use the spring compressor once, for the factory springs..
    the GC's won't be compressed off with the car jacked up :wink:
  • TheGmanTheGman Wagonist
    So if you're just putting sleeves on oem or regular struts, cut the spring perch on the bottom so you can just put the sleeve in with both adjusters. That way you can go as low as you want too.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    got a new question, do I put the shorter pair on the front or the back...?

edit: found how to decode the part numbers and figure out the spring rates. didnt think to go about figuring it out that way. slammage comes tomorrow 8)
    Haha put the shorter pair in the back if you have oem struts. But keep the adjuster rings in there.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    already slammed it. didnt put the sleeves or adjusters on there...... still too high in the back but nothin i can do about that with stock struts and the front is maybe a weee too low. my mud flaps are under 1/2 an inch off the ground. gonna put the sleeves and collars on the front tomorrow to raise it back up a lil
    Did you cut the rear spring perch? you can go way lower, and with extended tophats it isnt going to be THAT bad....
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    i didnt have anything to cut em with. and i dont have extended top hats..... my car bounces like crazy.
    haha dang dude! Cutting the spring perch lets you go as low as possible with oem struts. Plus you can cut tophats and get em extended like 3 inches. Then you won't bounce much but it'll still be soft.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    im planning on full coils or bags real soon. and I'll use the bolt on extended top hats. dont want to do anything to my car that I cant un do in case I ever decide to turn it back to stock. and as for cutting the spring perch, I dont have the sleeves on, so the spring is sitting down in the perch. if I completely cut it off, the spring would have nothing to rest on
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    69.jpg
    70.jpg
    71.jpg
    72.jpg
    73.jpg