Braking issue

Car stutters while on the brakes new pads and rotors also just put new strut rod bushings in. any info will help thanks.

Comments

• Did ya purge the lines?
  • Todubbled1Todubbled1 New Wagonist
    Purge as in letting air out if lines?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Did you install the rotor centering screws? looking for something not round or true...
  • Yea air out of the lines.
    One time a friend called me and wanted me to fix her car, she brought me the car and I tested it.
    The car would kinda wobble when I applied the brakes, turned out the lug nuts on her drivers side were loose. I tightened them and walah problem solved.
    lugs are def tight. wheel shake while driving and braking is even worse. just got a balance and bam in not sure got this car from another guy so yeah. Dunno
  • If your wheels shake when you *aren't* hitting the brakes I'd say brakes are not the problem.
    Try rotating wheels front to back and see if the shudder changes..
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Do the caliper sliders move easily?

They should be able to move easily and smoothly.
    they move fine. Highway wobble now not even on brakes and car shakes. How hard is it to change out a rack I wonder bc i have a good spare one.
  • glezglez08glezglez08 Band Wagon
    had similar problem my wagon was shaking on freeway tuned out to be tie rod end hope it helps
  • Bad tie rod ends can do that.
    I'm thinking that could be an option to cause that
  • sofastsofast New Wagonist
    Jack the front end up and secure with jack stands. grab each wheel and wiggle left and right. If there is any play you possibly have a bad inner or outer tie rod. next grab the wheel top and bottom and wiggle. if there is any play could be bad ball joint/s. Any play could easily mistaken for a bad wheel bearing so inspect that to. Check the tread on your tires for any unusual wear. last check the wheal balance.
    Yeah I have new lower ball joints and I know it has old.inner and outter rods. Along with i.kjow it has new wheel bearins also.
  • wagoneer77wagoneer77 Band Wagon
    if the tires shake driving down the road... I suggest you take the car and have the tires road forced... It can condemn a bad tire or tires that will balance out but it has a vibration
  • wagoneer77 wrote:
    ...have the tires road forced...

I've never heard of that, what does it mean?
    Never heard of that either
  • wagoneer77wagoneer77 Band Wagon
    road force is often confused with balance of tires. The wheel and tire assembly are put on what appears to be a balancer but it has a drum that applies approx. 1400 lbs of pressure and it measures the conisity or for in a tire and tells you where to properly place the wheel weights for the best ride with out chasing weights and using a lot less weight. Also if you have a tire issue such as ride disturbance Etc. it will let you know. Most dealerships and higher end tire stores have them but alot of people are afaraid of them. Me personally I LOVE them.