Wryann's other projects

Hey guys, I spotted this everything else section and figured it would be fun to just post up a few other cars/toys I have and keep it updated on what i do this them.

The first is a my sand rail, it was my dads old rail. when I was a kid he build it up in the garage. Last June my dad sold it to me after I nagged him about it for the last 5 years or so!! anyway I started off my getting the 2180cc air cooled vw engine back up and running nice and strong. I re-jeted the carbs and dyno tuned it. after a few trips out I remembered something, WHY I GOT OUT OF VW'S!! anyway a change of engine was needed. I made the choice to switch to a Honda power plant, the Acura 3.2 TL motor was the one!! Now the rail is a wheelie pulling monster!!

21.jpg

34.jpg

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Far out!!

I used to be a VW nut as well. Rails, bugs, bajas, buses, even a Westy.

What transaxle are you using? I can't see enough detail to tell.
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    that is bad-ass. do you have a video of it on the sand?
  • driftin90 wrote:
    that is bad-ass. do you have a video of it on the sand?

Funny you ask, I'm working that up right now!!
  • bam-bam wrote:
    Far out!!

I used to be a VW nut as well. Rails, bugs, bajas, buses, even a Westy.

What transaxle are you using? I can't see enough detail to tell.

Its a 3rib bus transaxle, I dissasembled it and welded 3rd & 4th gears all stock other than that, I do have a clutch masters flow valve to reduce the shock of engagment. I use a redline oil too, I'm been out 5 times with the setup and its still holding up
  • few more pic's

with old VW engine
    121.jpg

122.jpg
  • I don't ever seem to have much video but I made the best of what I got, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/4A5apSaPz-c
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Awesome!

I got into cars when I was 14/15 thanks to air-cooled Volkswagens. Though, I have yet to own one :( Damn Honda's stepped in and haven't gotten away. My family has on old westy that will be mine some day. I hope in the next couple years I'll get myself a van, when I have space to keep it.

Look forward to seeing/hearing more!
  • Here's another one of my builds, Its a F20c (Honda S2000 powered) 1986 toyota corolla. It took over two years to compleat the engine swap/new cage/paint Its truly one of my favored cars!!

19.jpg
    20.jpg
  • 21.jpg

22.jpg

after inside was painted

23.jpg

Dimple died A-piller plate, built in house at my shop VIP Performance

24.jpg

I custom fitted the S2000 cluster into the stock gauge cluster location's using existing factory gauge cluster parts

25.jpg

26.jpg
    27.jpg
  • The car started to come together after the 200+ hour mark

28.jpg

very clean on the bottom side
    29.jpg

engine by so clean you could eat off it

30.jpg

I took the car out for about 2000miles normal driving before any kind of racing or drifting
    31.jpg

32.jpg

first drift event was in the parking lot of the hoodoo ski lodge

33.jpg

made it out to PARC just one time

34.jpg
    35.jpg
    36.jpg
  • Outstanding! Looks like the build quality is absolutely first rate. Was this your build as in YOUR vehicle? Or was this a customer build that you did?

Have any videos? I'm a huge fan of F20/SR20 (RWD) cars of any kind. The looks/mods are very tasteful too!
  • noahrexion wrote: »
    Outstanding! Looks like the build quality is absolutely first rate. Was this your build as in YOUR vehicle? Or was this a customer build that you did?

Have any videos? I'm a huge fan of F20/SR20 (RWD) cars of any kind. The looks/mods are very tasteful too!

This would be my personal car, however I just finished up a SR20det swap'd AE86 early this summer!!

Here's a video to start, yes thats me driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk0qH6DlhE
  • ef001282ef001282 New Wagonist
    That's an awesome video! nice driving and love the car!
  • VIPwryann wrote: »
    This would be my personal car, however I just finished up a SR20det swap'd AE86 early this summer!!

Here's a video to start, yes thats me driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk0qH6DlhE

Thanks for sharing, super cool looking little track (cart?). Looks like mid range torque with that F20 scoots that coupe around just fine!