Picked up a CRv 5spd B20vtec Build

So i traded My dodge truck for this bad boy Its a 99 Crv With the rare 5spd I already got an ITR Knob a hi Flow cat and magnaflow Muffler and pink hid kit ill try and get pics up later today i also put some ek coilovers on it :D

My plan is...
* Things i have

B20z bottom end*
ITR oil Pump
GSR head*
GSR cams*
ITR Cams or CTR
Some wed wheels or something else nasty
Shaved DOHC v valve cover

Would love some suggestions

I just wanna make a clean Quick dailyable ride thanks

coils are only halway down in pics cuz snow 8)

Pleez give me cool ideas and info

473.jpg

474.jpg

475.jpg

Comments

• Mr GMr G Wagonist
    Give me a couple days I'll get you a bunch of pics. I just finished my wife's cr-v.

Its a JDM B20B bottom with weisco pistons and there K1 rods with a girdle. The entire bottom was balance and blueprinted. Arp main studs, Itr oil pump and modified for more pressure.

The head is a PR3 casting ported and poloshed, loaded with ferrea .5mm oversize valves and ITR springs.
  • bman5000bman5000 Band Wagon
    Sweet deal im so excited it does great in the snow too.. So i heard u can put an ITR LSD in the rear and front and then its a real beast?
  • Mr GMr G Wagonist
    bman5000 wrote:
    Sweet deal im so excited it does great in the snow too.. So i heard u can put an ITR LSD in the rear and front and then its a real beast?

As far as I know you can't do too much to the rear. It's not a "real diff". But having said that I have a spare so I'll have a look inside.
    Change diff Fluid made a crazy difference in the snow...

THinking of painting stock wheels since thatll be last on my things to get...
    any ideas on color?

was gonna do orange,? green,
    ? black?
  • U gotta kick Mr G into some picts, his swap is awsome clean. Very cool Crv he has too.
    I have never seen a lifted crv with a gsr b20 swap and then he show up!
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Sweeet, Im thinking of getting one of these later in the year. Will be carrying out similar mods
    Got my valve cover done "shaved" was gonna polish it but decided to go oem textured black...

726.jpg

also im gonna have to say no on orange for the wheeels lol

727.jpg
    should get my check next week :D will be picking up parts then :) so excited also picking up ek struts for the front so io can slamm it without blowing the struts
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    i really like these, nice pu. hope to find one for a good price someday.

this guy is a member on here. Ill let him know about your thread. He doesnt visit that often.

925.jpg
    926.jpg

his build thread: http://www.idahomotorsports.com/forum/s ... hp?t=58793

some pix he posted in his local build thread.
    927.jpg
    928.jpg
  • Nice build you have going on here!! (I'm the guy Shenrie is talking about BTW ;) ) Looks like you are off to a great start with your CRV! IMO these things have lots of potential, the hard part is extracting that potential haha. Not much info available online regarding modding our funky little SUV's, but they are getting more and more popular by the day it seems, I see CRV build threads popping up all over!

If you have any questions about the RT4WD setup (currently there is no LSD that will work in the front or the rear) or suspension/lifting/lowering your CRV, post them up, as i'm sure I will be able to answer them for you.

For your suspension, i've found that 94-01 integra front struts work perfectly, and 1g DSM AWD rear struts work perfectly for the rear. (Caution, the DSM rears are not direct bolt on's, they require a bushing to be made for the lower mount. the DSM strut has a larger bolt hole opening than the CRV strut...so a bushing needs to be made that goes into the DSM hole, and reduces the diameter to work with the CRV bolt) Im running this suspension on my CRV with coilover sleeves and custom spring rates/lengths, and it handles awesome, and looks even better ;)
  • mosdefbeemosdefbee New Wagonist
    im very interested in this build! ive never thought of doing one up. lol
  • WAYgoneWAYgone Wagonist
    what's your suspension set up? any progress?
  • jessedmjessedm New Wagonist
    Post some pics of the motor man.
  • 91_wago91_wago Wagonist
    nice i just got a 5 speed awd crv too there hard to find and it took a while to find a decent one. i bet the b20vtec will be nice mine lacks in the power department.