What do you get miles per tank

13»

Comments

• MannyManny Band Wagon
    I use regular gas. 85 Octance
  • i'm only getting 220, but it was tuned with a JRSC and it no longer has it.
    I need to get it re-tuned.. or just convert it back to stock..
  • I'm getting around 300 miles per tank, stock exhaust, SRI, tiny ass achille's tires with 270,xxx miles never rebuilt, and no compression on cyl #3:hopelessness:
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    For the past 2 weeks mine as declined from 220 to less than 200.. I'm going to have to do a major tune up here soon..
    Although we have had a lot of snow... Maybe that has something to do with it..
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    For the past 2 weeks mine as declined from 220 to less than 200.. I'm going to have to do a major tune up here soon..
    Although we have had a lot of snow... Maybe that has something to do with it..

Mine seems fluctuate without any ryhme or reason. I wasn't sure if the snow and extreme cold temperatures caused more fuel consumption. Last week I managed 34.5 mpg without trying. Seems like when I race and push the engine is get better mpg...
    91 RT Auto with 120K and I'm only getting 20mpg
  • Waiting for the summer mix to come back to the gas here. I was getting about 30mpg now I'm getting around 26
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    It's been a little while since I've gassed Skiddy up, but her personal best is 34.24mpg. This personal best was after lowering her, removing her passenger side mirror, and converting to the VX tranny, but I'm planning on doing better after going MPFI, and then worse again (at least for a little while) when I finally do go boost!

I keep track of her at ecomodder.com, along with my minion - that's my high MPG car!

This is Skiddy's fuel log:
    17.png
    1.gif

and this one is for the Minion:
    18.png
    2.gif

Minion's personal best is 52.85 mpg. Minion is a '96 civic lx 4dr WITH both mirrors, functional power steering, and A/C (also lowered, VX tranny, LEAN BURN motor & ECU)

More plans for Skiddy will include instrumentation, like I've got in the Minion, the MPGUINO! It's a little tricky to set one up with the DPFI, so I've been putting it off until the MPFI conversion. Read up on that one, and you'll probably end up at ecomodder.com! Enjoy!

Thanks,
    Victor
    I think I'm going to install the original ECU and Distributor!!
    The ECU I have installed right now was tuned for a JRSC..
    Maybe this will help with my MPG
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    I think I'm going to install the original ECU and Distributor!!
    The ECU I have installed right now was tuned for a JRSC..
    Maybe this will help with my MPG

If your not running the supercharger, you probably will see better mileage with the stock ecu and dizzy (and a light foot )!

Thanks,
    Victor
  • Just brought home my latest acquisition, an '88 RT with 148k. Drove 200 miles at 75 mph with the A/C on, 28.3 mpg. Slightly better than I expected. I have 3 RTs now, none has ever gotten over 30 mpg.
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Averaging 30mpg in an RT with no driveshaft.
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    I've had my '91 RT4WD for 3 weeks now. Been averaging 26mpg. All stock, 226k miles on it.
  • Interesting thread... when gas prices were over $4 a gallon (2006?) I tried driving techniques that would save gas... baby the throttle, smooth movements, slightly higher tire pressure, coast to stops.... I was able to nearly double the MPG of a 1990 SAAB 900. I applied some of these techniques to the 91RT4WD.....nothing. no change. 27-28 mpg's all the time. Maybe when the valve lash is corrected MPGs will go up.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i was getting 300 at least n a 4wd