Muffler....thoughts.

Hey guys, I'm in need of a new muffler for my 89 RT4WD. Give me thoughts on this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 906&rd=1,1

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KahunaKahuna familEE
    I have a magnaflow on mine, and I love it! It sounds a little raspy, but thats only when you are givvin her hell. I sometimes wish it was louder but my friends say they can hear me from a good ways away. But I can't tell it.

Though mine is the ricer cannon, I don't know if those would be any louder than stock.
  • dimaguila1dimaguila1 Band Wagon
    Thanks for the info Kahuna. Anything is better than the rusted out muffler I'm currently dragging behind my ass right now.. :lol:

I'm going to do some exact measurements and see if this will fit okay.

What about suggestions for muffler tips? Anyone?
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    i have a similar muffler and a resonator on my car. heres a sound clip of it a few months back before i turbo'd it

th_wagovan1.jpg
  • dimaguila1dimaguila1 Band Wagon
    teg, I did see those clips of your ride...very nice. That thing sounded good.

Is it too over the top though just cruising at say 60-75 mph? What about 40-45?

I don't want anything too load, but I do want something that will sound a little bit throatier. Planning on trying to do headers as well.

Thanks
  • jhotajhota familEE
    what's a muffler?
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    jhota wrote:
    what's a muffler?

:lol:

i've got a dynomax muffler with a magnaflow tip. its got a deep tone with a nice throaty note. you cant hear anything until you accelerate, so once you're cruisin'...you dont hear a thing. its great on the highway