Clear inner tail lights.

so i did a search to no avail, and tried to do some research but came up with nothing, i came across this picture on facebook. anyone have some insight on these clear inner tail lights. these would flow really well with my wagon and i want to see how its done/how to get them

296965_250544631649647_185851534785624_643775_1410222285_n.jpg

Comments

• wow it doesnt look half bad..
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ive never seen that before.. but it must be uber jdm.

edit *yo
  • i was afraid of that hahaha uber JDM = Uber expensive.
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    WTF?!?!??!?!??!?!
    so coooL!!!!
  • TylervTylerv Band Wagon
    Wtf is that nasty wing looking thing on the bottom of the bumper?
  • looks like some sort of diffuser?
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Are you sure they're clear? They look painted to me...

If they are clear... there's about a 100% chance its a custom 1-off piece(s)...
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    I think the inner brake/park light is painted whiteish and the reverse light has been left normal
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    rti intrac wrote:
    I think the inner brake/park light is painted whiteish and the reverse light has been left normal

Yea, look to have been 'frosted'...
  • it looks really good on the right wagon
  • yeah it looks like paint to me as well. they sell this stuff at home depo to make windows look like that. comes in a spray can
  • but it you spray it over red wouldnt it look pinkish?
  • That is custom, BECAUSE the tail light lenses are red.

I have a friend that made some tail lights just like that for his sedan.
  • So how would it be able to come out clear? I was thinking of replicating the clears on the one with the funky diffuser.
  • here are some more/better photos. i think youre right oldskoolef, definitely looks like something custom. and that diffuser looks like a spoiler off of something else rigged to fit underneath?
    17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.jpg
  • ommarc44 wrote:
    i was afraid of that hahaha uber JDM = Uber expensive.

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom set? just wondering.
    I sent me friend a email to see if he would be able to make them :wink:
    If its custom I wanna know how it's done, I wanna try it for my self. :)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    looks just like the ones made for Hatchbacks/Crx's... not custom... bet if you could get a hold of the guy they are probably made by the same company that made them for the hatchbacks and crxs.... <--- as those are hard to find these days- i bet wagon ones are near impossible...

(i would also bet that the wagon owner may have the clear corners as well)
  • If its custom I wanna know how it's done, I wanna try it for my self. :)

lol me too, i'll ask my buddy to make one and show me how and i'll post it on here. :mrgreen:
  • lol what ever happen to the guy that was making clear corner for wagons? :(
    lol what ever happen to the guy that was making clear corner for wagons? :(
    probably got em and booked it. XD
  • Drewby230Drewby230 Band Wagon
    I believe but dont quote me but they are just the inners to a all clear OEM style aftermarket tail lights.
    Because those look just the same way mine all clears for the CRX look around the reverse light especially.
    I think the company that made these stopped a few years ago because I havent been able to find brand new ones in along time.
    I have a set of all clear 90 91 style taillights for my CRX but they are at my buddies house an hour away. Next time Im there I will look at them to see if i see a company name or any kind of stamping that would be of some help in tracking some down.

I do like the way they look when paired up with the stocks.
  • when he is braking the taillights have a pinkish hue to em so still could just be sprayed over unless he has red bulbs
  • Drewby230Drewby230 Band Wagon
    i had to run red LED tail light bulbs with mine because if not my break lights would be solid white.
    I tried to find just conventional bulbs in red but had no luck, i used the tail light repair tape and taped around the bulb with it.
    never the less if still look good, i would like to see him red out the amber so its all just red and clear, i think that would look reallllly good.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    are u telling me it took 13 years for clear taillights to be cool again....
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    you guys notice the usdm outters?
    Still wanna know how to do this I anyone finds out. :)
  • Yea. I'd be more nterested in doing it myself than paying for a set. They look great paired with the US outters.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    55X... 1.5L dual carb.
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    Is the color typically molded into the lens? I was thinking maybe you could bead/sand blast the inner lens. Or possibly strip with chemical.