Help please.

Well its not like me at all to not be able to solve my own problems but... This one has my head spinning.

The original motor in the wagon has about 300,000 miles on it and ran healthy till October when was about the time I sold it to my brother.

The Problem: Car would start and drive normally until it got warmed up it would stall. At this time it was a puzzle to me cause it would just start back up. After a couple weeks I wasn't able to start it all the time and the stalling became more consistant. Now in March, the vehicle wont even start.

Ive replaced the main relay, the cap, wires, rotor, spark plugs, wires, battery, and even tried some starting fluid today.

I can also hear the fuel pump when the key is in the standby postition.

45.jpg

Comments

• mvmmvm Wagonist
    try the igniter in the distributer. but before that make sure the crounds are good.

Yeah I just replaced the igniter today. Still no good.

My thoughts are to try another distributor soon.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Try the IACV or FITV? Then id say check the distributor.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :arrow: Congrads on getting to 3OO,OOO miles.!!!
    :? Does it crank?
    Is there spark?Sounds like NO spark.
    Take the cap off & look inside around the dizzy to see if any parts are broken.My old wagon had a broken dizzy part that I barely saw.Luckily it limped home at 15 mph timing all the lites,running all the stop signs 'cuz if I stopped it'll be a while b4 I ramp up to 15 mph again. :evil: :cry: X