Evolution B2D kit?

Anyone using this on a RT?

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/ ... 96_01.html

This would be killer if it worked out with out much modification.

Comments

• i sent bisi a message and they said that the b series/ h series 2 d tranny will need alot of fab to work. i really wana make my h2d work.
  • ratchetratchet New Wagonist
    Is h and b series the same bellhousing pattern?
  • Honda HPHonda HP Wagonist
    i would almost be willing to start a collection from this website so we could finance the research and development of this kit through bisi
  • GeorgieGeorgie Wagonist
    Honda HP wrote:
    i would almost be willing to start a collection from this website so we could finance the research and development of this kit through bisi
    IDK anything about the Evolution kit, but Bisi is already working on one.
    Copied and pasted from Hater-Tech:

by Justin_Bisimoto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am
    The B2D is currently in the testing stages.
    We want to ensure that this adapter kit will meet
    the quality standards and expectations of all Bisimoto Products

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.ph ... kit&page=3
  • mgcookmgcook Band Wagon
    Looks like the only issue would be axles. I dont see why it wouldn't work in a rt4wd.
    yes i did read that thread, however my question is pertaining to the rt wagons we all hold near and dear to our hearts. if bisi comes out with a kit that would be a drop in affair for the 4wd.
    according to that thread he abandoned the project.
    Honda HP wrote:
    yes i did read that thread, however my question is pertaining to the rt wagons we all hold near and dear to our hearts. if bisi comes out with a kit that would be a drop in affair for the 4wd.
    A RT4WD wagon's trans mounts to the engine the same way as a 2WD AFAIK. The kit keep the trans in the same place, but moves the engine over by the same thickness as the "half moon adapter plate".
    Honda HP wrote:
    according to that thread he abandoned the project.
    Bisi nor Justin stated in that thread that the project had been abandoned. Just saying...

A HT forum user by the name of "signature sound" stated that "i cant believe i just read thru that whole thing to find out it went nowhere. wtf?"

AFAIK Bisi has indeed abandoned the project.

A quote from the tech fourms on the Bisimoto site:
    Postby Bisimoto » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:24 am
    Evo released the kit with our assistance. Mounts will not be provided for this kit. Any customer will have to make custom passenger side and rear mounts.

Unfortunately I am unable to provide any feed back as to the original question posted. I have no experience with, nor know anybody with a D series trans to B series block adapter kit.
    I'm sorry but...AFAIK??

well that does help georgie....so in theory, purely for academic reasons, one could purchase the evo kit and have custom rear / passenger side mounts made for this it, it would be a complete set.

Glad my buddy is a cnc/cad programmer
    Honda HP wrote:
    I'm sorry but...AFAIK??
    As Far As I Know.

I guess I'm a plethora of knowledge. Actually I was helping someone research a Honda power-plant (other than a S2000) for a 1929 Ford project. We ultimately decided on a Toyota motor/trans for $$$ reasons.

Maybe you could get your CNC buddy to make the adapter plate as well. This is a link to a Honda Tuning article where a guy designed a K24 to S2000 trans adapter.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech ... index.html

He farmed out the machine work for the adapter plate and mounts. He paid $500 for that. Another $500 for custom Clutch Masters flywheel.

I believe he is an architect by trade. (I couldn't find the whole feature, only a small tech article.) Therefore he had access to computer software "solid works" to design all this. Basically if you make the plate 1/2 inch thick, you have to move the flywheel and pilot bearing 1/2 inch closer as well. Therefore a thicker flywheel is the only safe option.

I hope this helps and this thread doesn't get locked for "pipe dreaming" LOL...
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    I started a B2D conversion kit and ended up scrapping it as well. The problem isn't the adaptor plate, or flywheel or axles. It's the clearance on the drivers side frame. The B series motor is about 2 inches wider than the d series, so if you leave the D series awd tranny in it's "stock" location your B series timing belt is going to be 2 inches closer to the left frame than the stock d series one. This also effects the drivers motor mount design and alternator placement. Those were the issues I ran in to when I built my adaptor plate and did a mock up in the car. Still sucks it didn't fit the way we had hoped it would. :-)
    stampern - Do you by chance have any pictures of that mock up?
    Yeah, I should somewhere - I'll look and see.
    that would be very helpful in my quest to make this work. and my friend just started at a multi million dollar company that allows him to work on his own projects
    Anything is possible, I'm just saying everything was either too close of tolerance or I didn't have the equipment to build the mount or bracket. It might work better/easier if you relocated the alternator to the front of the motor.
    good idea. i'll be taking every idea and aspect into account.
  • any other progress with this??? NOW THATS HOW WE BUMP A 2 1/2 YEAR OLD THREAD!! haha
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    I know this is a 7 year old thread, BBBBUUUUUTTTTT
    Has anyone successfully done a B2D RT-4WD Civic Wagon?