I know you guys hate me now, oh well.

I've decided I will not be getting a motor. I need to grow up a little and stop worrying about the other ricers in town. I need my car to be reliable and maybe have a little bit more oopmh to pull out in front of traffic. So anyways, no motor. It's not going to be an option. I will be keeping the D15 with the Auto. I need something to get me through college.

Now, here is what I am thinking.

All the smoking and spooging is from the valves. (also ticks really loud, even after valve adjusting)

I also think that the head is warped, I changed the headgasket out after some overheating problems, that fixed it for about 3000 miles, and now it's acting up again, and you can see oil coming from where the head and block meet.
I'm also only getting around 24mpg where as I was getting around 33 mpg.

So I found a rebuilt head on Ebay for $200 shipped, is that a good deal?

I think the head could be warped from back in the summer when I had so much overheating problems for about 45 minutes, and I don't think my fans ever kicked on.

When you take the radiator cap off, you don't see any flow either.

So I think I will be replacing the water pump as well as the thermostat and radiator cap. (they are like 6 bucks)

I'm going to get some headers, then run a bigger exhaust, what is big enough to let the wagon breath, but not so big that it hurts power?
I was thinking that 2.25" would be a good size.

Also:
Mista Bone wrote:
D15 nonVTEC just needs to breath. D16A6 cam, Y7/8 cam gear, D16Z6 intake, easy 15-20 whp bolt on using OEM parts. Slap on a AEM CAI and you've got 118 whp/135 chp from a 85 whp/102 chp stock rated motor.
Does this guy know what he is talking about? (no offense to the poster, I just don't know you)

If I did this, what kind of MPG would I be looking at? Is the D16Z6 cam the same?

Comments

• Just found this, what kinda MPG would I get with this, and how much power would it really have? Does it look like it comes with everything to install MPFI on my car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D16z6-Ed ... enameZWDVW
  • hman1991hman1991 New Wagonist
    to install multiport on your car you need the folowing.
    -intake with throtlebody, injectors, and all sessors
    -multiport ecu
    -injector resistorbox (unless you are using 95 or newer injectors)
    -88-91 si distributor
    -multiport engine harness to cut the injector plugs off of

it is a prety ez swap and is worth it. although a 5 spees swap would be even beter. these r also prety ez. also if you have to buy ahead anyways maybe consider a a6 head or a vtec head.
  • Mista Bone wrote:
    D15 nonVTEC just needs to breath. D16A6 cam, Y7/8 cam gear, D16Z6 intake, easy 15-20 whp bolt on using OEM parts. Slap on a AEM CAI and you've got 118 whp/135 chp from a 85 whp/102 chp stock rated motor.

if mista bone is the guy from d-series.org he knows what he's talking about. i recognize the name from there i used to go on there back in 2002. but ya if he's the guy i can say he knows his $#!t.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    if u want i will have the dizzy, ECU, resistor box and some injectors for the swap realy soon.
  • How much, and is it an auto ECU?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The MPFI swap sounds like the way to go for now, maybe swap over the head at a later date for mini-me.