Desert Panda Build Thread

I was told to make a build thread so here it is.
How it sat when we got it.
557.jpg
556.jpg
555.jpg
558.jpg
These previous owner took out the springs and threw them away, we had to put bricks in the suspension so we could tow it home. It couldn't shift and was stuck in whatever gear you started it in so we had to take it apart. Wrong clutch was put in it and it had a broken pedal.

We bought bumpers, trim, interior and some rims.
926.jpg
Notice there is no interior?
927.jpg
Then after we got the interior in somebody threw a rock through the drivers window so hard it bounced off the steering wheel and broke the windshield.
152.jpg
Valve cover!
753.jpg
First time at a meetup!
357.jpg
Got the exhaust replaced, new header and an Alphaspeed exhaust.
496.jpg
New rims!
497.jpg

Just bought the OBD0 to OBD1 harness, and we are also doing a MPFI conversion. I don't really know how to do that yet, but we'll figure it out. I just got today, my short ram/cold air intake system. And who would have thought that changing the rear hub assembly would be so easy? It used to sound like it was on roller skates, but now it's all nice and quiet! :)

So we just have to figure out MPFI conversion and fix my steering rack and well be in good shape! Btw I got a JG camshaft for free so hopefully it has more power.

Comments

• SparklesSparkles Wagonist
    Ah, a very rare Arizona wagon sighting! Looking good so far
  • ReaccionReaccion Senior Wagonist
    Very nice! I see three of them in your garage, Nice!!!
  • davidgdavidg Band Wagon
    nice looking wagons. wats the lip u got on the white one?
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    davidg wrote:
    nice looking wagons. wats the lip u got on the white one?
    Thanks! It's from an old integra, I think an 88.
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    So we put a new engine in, it's the old one out of my husband's wagon. He also gave me the turbo kit he got so when we get time we'll put it on.
    967.jpg
    968.jpg
    969.jpg
    2 problems though.
    1. How do you fit an intercooler behind the stock bumper, or is there one that fits?
    2. What turbo's are these?
    970.jpg
    I was also bought a scion xb so I am not driving this daily, instead my husband is while he puts more money into his wagon. It kinda irritated me that he got me another car when the wagon was fine. :roll: It is nice though, ice cold ac and airbags. I told him he cant have my wagon forever so when he's done with his wagon, I get mine back! :lol:
    971.jpg
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    So, we found another white wagon in the junk yard! Now we have most of the interior parts. Also, I have a chipped P28 that runs Crome. I don't really know what all of that means, but I'm pretty sure it's the tuning programming. Now, I need to rebuild my turbocharger to get that put in!

I'm glad that we're getting more done on it, because I really miss driving this car! The Scion is just totally different. I know the Wagon isn't crazy fast yet, but it sure feels like it compared to the Scion. The xB is smooth, but when it hits a turn, it feels like it's going to tip over. Apparently there are a bunch of things we can do; lowering springs and various bars, but the Wagon hugs the road. :)

Unfortunately the AC has decided to not work, but I'm sure we will figure out what's up with that soon enough. I blew out a speaker, so that needs to be replaced. It already needed a good set in the back.

My husband figured out how to get the intercooler in behind the bumper. I'll have to get a picture up for that. And he found out that those turbos are Greddy TD05-14B.
  • NCxEE4NCxEE4 Wagonist
    Wow. You're really making some progress on this. The wag is looking great.
  • Greetings from another "'Zonie" , Wagon is looking good, glad you guys are restoring it. Sorry about the vandalism, seems to be common in AZ towards Hondas. One time someone threw cinder blocks through both me and my brother's CRX's for no reason other than to try and wreck something that someone worked hard on.
  • Awesome project! Making us panda wagon drivers look good. I used to live in Tucson, AZ I didn't care for it too much I'm a beach bum myself. Keep it up its great watching the progress.
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Hey the turbo's are TD04h 15G's but they are some crazy mix and match Greddy came up with.
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    That Dexter valve cover is awesome!!
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    I was pretty upset when it happened, but thankfully I have full glass coverage. I couldn't believe that they got three windows at once! It sucks that someone got your Honda's, too. If you ever want to have a Wagon meet-up, there are two groups that are trying to get something together, possibly in the Phoenix area. Arizona Wagons & Southwest US. I can say that there will be at leat two, maybe three Wagons willing to go so far.
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    Thanks. It's definitely come a long way!
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    Yeah, much of Arizona is killer in the summer. The beach is probably a lot cooler. Did you relocate to California?
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    Hmm, which is the Dexter?
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Your blood splatter valve cover. Just reminded me of Dexter and I thought it looked great. That is some bullshit about the rock throwing though, what a jerk I'd love to wring his neck!
  • I'm from CA and moved to Tucson to stay with my sister for a while. Built a few cars while I was out there and the winter was cool I went snowboarding at Mt. Lemon really awesome spot. Where else can you stand in 5 feet of fresh powder and look over the edge and see desert.
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    I'm from CA and moved to Tucson to stay with my sister for a while. Built a few cars while I was out there and the winter was cool I went snowboarding at Mt. Lemon really awesome spot. Where else can you stand in 5 feet of fresh powder and look over the edge and see desert.

Crazy, isn't it? My husband's from Tucson. He really liked it there.
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    knottyy wrote: »
    Your blood splatter valve cover. Just reminded me of Dexter and I thought it looked great. That is some bullshit about the rock throwing though, what a jerk I'd love to wring his neck!

I loved that valve cover! Too bad the white started to turn yellow. It just didn't look right after that.
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    So, here's the picture that was promised of the intercooler tucked up in the front of the car.
    427.jpg
    And...just for fun, here's a close up of the panda! :)
    428.jpg
    So my big gray wagon was wrecked and the damage was not repaired correctly. I ended up pulling all of the good parts off of it and putting as much as possible on this one. So I guess you can say that I am splitting it with Moon. This car has turned into an absolute beast.The turbo kit is installed and it runs like a f16!
    288.jpg
  • Sweet, 2 years later and still at it! Let's see more pics!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Love how the IC is tucked away, most people want to show off their turbosetups, but this looks so much smoother!
    So we ordered an ACT clutch, a new HKS blow off valve, and a rywire harness. That should pretty well wrap up all my slipping clutch, boost leak, and random wiring gremlins.