UPDATE on LIFT KIT - NOW MY REAREND is LIFTED ( Last Page )

So Bam Bam & I were talking about how to lift a Wagon... We both have so crazy projects in mind..

Another user on here was also trying to develop a lift kit for wagons.

I saw some strut lift kits for coil suspension trucks and it made me think... That is what we need!!!

Just so happens my New Brother In-Law runs a CNC machine shop.. So, I spoke to him about this idea, and he said he should be able to make what I need.. So, I brought him a strut & cap.. ( back in Feb, but he is really busy making parts for places like NASA, so mine took a little longer than his 1 week estimate )

The Original Goal was 3"s and so the Prototypes was to be a 3" set.

Yesterday was my birthday ( yayy, but not really happy about birthdays ) but then, @ 9:30 my brother in law called me and said he was on his way over & he brought me an awesome gift...

Guess what he Finally Finished...

HERE THEY ARE.... ( in steel for the Prototypes, because steel is Cheaper than Aluminum )

3" Lift Blocks to be in stalled this weekend on my EF Hatch, because I still haven't installed my JRSC A6 in my wagon.

The set
404.jpg
405.jpg

The fit
406.jpg

Attachment
407.jpg

Mounting bolt & lock in... Allows bolts to be replaced if ever damaged.
408.jpg

The EF that I will be testing them on.. It actually has Tokico Blues suspension with a 2" drop.. I am replacing with stock suspension and the 3" strut spacers... So, It should be about 5 Inches Higher...
409.jpg

My Hatch Photo Chopped to see what it might look like
410.jpg

This should be Crazy & I will post the actual build/install thread real soon..

Thought I would just share...

& yes after a little testing... Kits will be up for sale... And, Prices figured out.

Comments

• 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    :mrgreen:
    i like ...
  • that looks awesome.

i want...
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    After some testing, there will be some available.. :)

I am just waiting to see how bad the camber goes out.. I have used a jack to lift the car and I think I will be right at the limit, but may have a little more available height..

Another consideration is that the 3 inch block may actually cause more than a 3 inch lift, because of where the strut meet the LCA. We'll see this weekend.
  • JakerJaker familEE
    Another thing to watch for is the front CV shafts. With that much extension in the suspension, the joints could get stretched out so far that they get near to dropping out of the cups. Quite similar to what the guys going to the other extreme are experiencing. Some cars with radical drops are getting strange vibration/knocking from the joints coming partially unseated because of the extreme angles that the shafts are taking.
    Yep, I was thinking about that too... Which is why I am putting the tester set on my DD hatch to see what happens... I am more worried about alignment, so I am going to a friends to check out the Full alignment.. Scared I might have to make a reverse camber kit.

I am hoping ti Fit 205/75R15 LT truck tires on it :) and then All-Terran tires
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    when i attempted to install the 94 integra front struts it made my tire camber under alot and pushed out the top of the tire ....
    so i have been searching for a lower ball joint that is adjustable ...
    G_31437G_CL_1.jpg

or even an arm @ the bottom that is longer to adjust out the tire back out ..
    these can be used to adjust top back in..
    418.jpgHC-FCK-SILVER.jpg

ive seen these on the rear of Ragenasians wagon ... looks to be able to thread out the rear lower a small amount ...
    836.jpg837.jpg
    This is kinda what I was thinking I may have to use, if I get to much camber...

418.jpg
    I wish I had time tonight to put the lift on....
  • ludemanludeman Wagonist
    on my wagon i have the ebay camber kit for the UCA and they are adjusted almost all the way to negative camber at stock height. this is probably a problem with just my wagon

i dont have any stock UCA to compare with the camber kit. but on my prelude the stock UCA allows more negative camber adjustment while the camber kit allows more positive camber adjustment
  • I'm in for a set as long as there isn't any extreme camber issues that we can't solve.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    have you actually installed these on a wagon yet?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I'm in! Make mine 4" :P
    shenanigans!!!!
    Just Picked up and AWD tonight... Now using the lift on it... :)
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    mine's already lifted!

637.jpg
    Your not parting that one too? :(

Could make it a Wago-Utility Trailer...
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    this is awesome.

im fearing positive camber in front. back is pretty easy to remedy with methods you listed, but for some reason I have positive camber on my rallywagon. 1 degree positive...and I cant understand why, but i cant get rid of it. I have to stay with stock suspension for my class, but I did try a set of those adjustable balljoints SPC PN 67320 which is supposed to correct 3 degrees of camber. Didnt help at all, but I did find out that the part is reversable. So that could work in the long run.

Another thing that could maybe work are those cambolts for the Machpearson struts to push the lca's outwards?? Wonder if anyone makes anykind of offset bushing??

I was also wondering if you could buy those extended tophats off ebay and reverse them to point down instead of up and do basically the same thing those custom pieces do??

either way, this is gonna be cool once you get it sorted.
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    I remember reading somewhere that teg LCA are slightly longer... Not sure if it was DA or DC but might be worth looking into at the yard for comparison to help with the camber issues.
    I am put it on here this weekend
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12902
    shenrie you could use the the extended top hats flipped, but the spring would still go all the way to the body mount. if you had taller springs on stock struts those would work great
  • kylerwhokylerwho Wagonist
    excited to see the final product.
    ludeman wrote:
    shenrie you could use the the extended top hats flipped, but the spring would still go all the way to the body mount. if you had taller springs on stock struts those would work great

Derrrr, yep. thank you. Just wasnt seeing it right in mah head.

Lets see, what about regular hatch struts, cheapy ebay coilover kits with rt springs and the center cut out of the tophat for centering?? You guys got my gears grinding today, lol.

hmmmmm, lots of really good ideas about lifting wagons floating around. So weird, weve always gone down. Its exciting to go up. Sum ting different.
    i've been thinking about a cheap ebay coil kit as well. just like a coil sleeve to give you the adjustment to what you want....hopefully tomorrow morning i'll have what i need to finish the lift and make it even!
  • chorne1787chorne1787 Band Wagon
    can't wait to get something like this 3 inchs of lift and some light truck tires would be really fun on a wagovan
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

O.k. So I made an attempt to install the 3" spacers on the AWD Rear Struts & Holy Crap they are big..

I was over extending the Rear CVs & that was using spring compressors to get them in.. They almost came apart.

I was going to take pics, but figured, on my next attempt... I am going to try to space down the rear differential a couple inches and lower the trailing arm with spacers and longer bolts.....

I have some other plans and will be trying them shortly...

The new AWD is fun as hell anyways and I played around driving it in a dry retention pond.. SOOO MUCH FUN!

I did however notice that It will be really easy to put the spacers on my hatch...
    told you there would be major issues with the 3inch spacers.
    I haven't thrown in the towel yet.... LOL

The 3 insch spacer is going to be more like a 4" - 4.5" lift..

I need more spring compression on the car..

I may try a 1.5" - 2" spacer, which should only be about a 3" lift... I know I could have got that in there..
    ya I was planning on asking you for a smaller block anyways. I feel like 3" would have been a lot anyways
    DRMORTY wrote:
    ... I am going to try to space down the rear differential a couple inches and lower the trailing arm with spacers and longer bolts.....

Just be carefull with the angle of the driveline. Too much angle on that thing and it will die, lol. They arent the toughest u-joints out there.
    I am going to cut the spacers down to 1-3/4 and see how that does me... Should be about a 3 inch lift...