1991 4wd wagon turbo mod

949949 Senior Wagonist
i have been asking around how to do this and have not received much info or reply back about doing this particular mod. so i am going to start this tread and show how i am pregressing with this.

i am installing a brand new greddy kit 92-95 into my 1991 4wd stock civic.
pics will come as i can take them. if anyone knows more about this please post up on any info i can use as i am very new to this car and mod. i love to learn.

Comments

• turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    just be sure the down pipe is gunna clean your tranfer case.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    not sure yet. about the down pipe.
    the reason is because i just got the whole kit sent to me and its missing a couple of parts that i can just tell right off.

again this is a brand new kit straight from greddy with their special tape, that has their greddy name all over the tape.

im missing so far, instructions/manual book for install and use.
    the exhaust manifold
    the mini right angle pipe that connects the down pipe and turbo.
    as for other stuff i dont know if missing anything else yet because the instruction book should list all the parts that supposed to be included but since i dont have that i dont know whats really missing. this kinda sucks.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    today the goal is look for more info about how to get this to run. i called a place named dynamic autosports in irvine california. this guy mike told me that to get the car tuned they want 150.00 per hour. and it may take about 4 hours of tuning.
    i also asked if i need to get injectors or can i just keep the stockers. he said since im not looking for massive power i can just keep the stockers for now and it will run just fine. that sounded great with me because i just wanted safe and reliable power so in my mind i only want a total of 130whp. then i asked would greddy's emanage work well with my ecu. he said as along as the ecu is hooked up properly it will work fine, again since im not going for huge gains ill be fine. im happy to know that emanage blue version would work out because its included in the package of parts i got from greddy.

so the next goal is to fine a place that will hook up the wires to my ecu, if thats even possible without any headaches.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    take pictures of all the stuff u have and we can let a know what your missing.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    most righteousness duude!

pics will be taken on monday.

i also found a great place but not cheap by any means, that makes a direct connection harness specifically for the emanage to any obd port such as our obd0.

its kinda expensive but i dont mind as long as it takes the guess work out of this whole thing a bit more and i love how things just bolt up or just connect right out of the box. :P

the site is called boomslang fabrication.
    they have harnessess fabed for alot of different applications. very impressive.

http://www.boomslang.us/index.html

the harness is about 190.00 but its worth the money for me at least but if there is another site that does it exactly with less money ill be down for that.

emanage.jpg
    em1eman.jpg
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    for those of you who did a turbo in there wagon, where did you guys put the battery? cause i dont think my battery will fit at all now since i upgraded to a bigger yellow top .
  • I run slim batteries in my turbo S13. They are great because you don't have to run a whole bunch of cables to the rear of the car. You can get them from summit.

If you run FMIC on my s13 you would have to relocate the battery due to where the piping runs but this eliminates that. (Just thought I would explain a little more) Hope this helps.
  • SLeePERSLeePER New Wagonist
    ragenasian wrote:
    I run slim batteries in my turbo S13. They are great because you don't have to run a whole bunch of cables to the rear of the car. You can get them from summit.

If you run FMIC on my s13 you would have to relocate the battery due to where the piping runs but this eliminates that. (Just thought I would explain a little more) Hope this helps.

LOL...actaully, if you run a FMIC on a S13, you dont have to Relocate the battery at all :)...Just move move the battery the other direction :)...The charge pipe will scqeeze in there no issues :)...Or like ya said, just get a smaller battery...

Hit up Marcus at Heel and Toe...Cool ass dude...
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    it has been cold and rainging here so i have been putting it off going out to the garage and working on the turbo thing.