Header for RT4WD?

Did a little searching, didn’t find what I wanted.

I am looking around for little things to do to the wagon while I wait to get the body work done. It’s the RT4WD version, so there is the D16 in the bay.

I just finished the JRSC on my hatchback, so I cant use the AEM intake on it. So I will be putting that into my wagon. I figured what the heck, may as well do a header too then.

I remember reading somewhere that because of the setup with the 4WD, a regular header wont fit. Can someone verify this? Is there any modification that can be done to allow this to fit and work properly?

Thanks guys. In case it matters, I was only looking into a cheap chikira header I found on the local boards. Any help is good!

PS

I read the sticky on this, just wanted to know if anyone has actual experience trying to make this work?

Comments

• hondarcbhondarcb Band Wagon
    The only header that is even close to working is the Kamikaze. This is because the primaries dump into a downpipe rather early. Even so downpipe is angles so that it hits the transfer case, so I had to have a new downpipe made for mine. Also Kamikaze headers seem to work best with superchargers and not so well with N/A from what I've read. This didn't bother me as my Wagon has a JRSC on it. I'll try to get some pictures soon.
  • Please do see if you can get some pictures. I don’t have very good access to a hoist right now, but I would like to see what I am getting into before I bother picking up a header to get cut apart……..

Thanks!