rear wing

will a rear wing from a 88-91 hatch fit on a wagon, the lil duck bill looking thing that comes off the upper hatch is the one im talking about, any help would be great, cuz if that would work, i can get one for free. :D

Comments

• Not w/o fab work. I think SIwagon or Akiraboy have gone down that path. There's a problem with how the mounting studs line up. Also there would be a gap between the spoiler(wing) and where the talegate mounts to the car that would leave an unsightly gap. Check out the New Jersey wagons. Both have fab'ed CRV spoilers mounted to the original talegate cover. Or check out SIwagons Spoon style spoiler. Oh also Wagom4n has the Spoon style spoiler.

Here's a link to the old site with a great pic of how SI mounted the spoiler on the original talegate cover.

http://p196.ezboard.com/fhondacivicwagonfrm23.showMessage?topicID=20.topic
  • thanks for the help man, greatly appreciated!
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    THX for the compliment. :mrgreen:

FSC4wd
    There's a problem with how the mounting studs line up.

The studs do line up. It's the easiest to use a washer & small metric nut,but I choose to use the OEM Acorn nuts(wider) for a cleaner OEM look.So I had to grind & pound in the Wgn. hatch to clear the nut & socket.I used a flat head punch.It's not that hard.No one sees this area anyway.I touched it up with touch-up paint.NO one notices. :mrgreen:
    BEFORE: 45.jpg
    AFTER:
    46.jpg

FSC4wd
    Also there would be a gap between the spoiler(wing) and where the tailgate mounts to the car that would leave an unsightly gap.

There is NO "unslightly gap".My BAD:If you look at the 5th & 6th pics on the Gray Wgn.There is a ugly gap. :? This was my Prototype spoiler.I had trimmed off too much .My second attempt came out much better.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'll try to get some pics.
    8) I luv the results.Now when I look at other Wagons it doesn't look right w/o the spoiler.
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    can't wait to see the pics altogether 8)
  • Solscud007Solscud007 New Wagonist
    im an idiot. and a newbie to wagons. so you had to punch out the studs off the stock plastic piece on the wagon? and then pushed the spoiler studs thru that and bolted it down? and this is an EF hatch wing?
    Yes it is a OEM EF 88-91 HB spoiler.If you can get a JDM EF Sir rear spoiler that'll work too.I think this spoiler looks even better.The one I saw might have been plastic.Don't know if it was JDM or aftmrkt.If it was plastic that'll make it easy as pie to mod.Maybe bling bling.The EF OEM rear spoiler will be less than $20.Black will look the best.

None of the Wgn studs were harmed(or removed) in this mod.You do have to cut a 1 1/8" X 4 3/8"(29mm X 111mm) hole into each side ofthe Wgn plastic piece so the EF spoiler will fit thought.That's easy especially with a Makita electic hand grinder.2holes are drilled into the Wgn hatch .The front hole is about 3/8"(10mm) in & the rear one is about 9/32"(7mm).This will vary depending on how you modded the EF spoiler.Hole will be slighly larger than the EF stud.
    and there is some trimming done on the ef wing? to contour to the wagon?
    SIWagon
    There is NO "unslightly gap".My BAD:If you look at the 5th & 6th pics on the Gray Wgn.There is a ugly gap. Confused This was my Prototype spoiler.I had trimmed off too much .My second attempt came out much better.
    Mr. Green Mr. Green I'll try to get some pics.
    Cool I luv the results.Now when I look at other Wagons it doesn't look right w/o the spoiler.

Trimming & bending.
    SiWagon wrote:
    SIWagon
    There is NO "unslightly gap".My BAD:If you look at the 5th & 6th pics on the Gray Wgn.There is a ugly gap. Confused This was my Prototype spoiler.I had trimmed off too much .My second attempt came out much better.
    Mr. Green Mr. Green I'll try to get some pics.
    Cool I luv the results.Now when I look at other Wagons it doesn't look right w/o the spoiler.

Trimming & bending.

cool thanks. sorry for the annoying newbie questions. one more thing. how did you get the third brake light on the spoiler to work. where did you re-route the wiring to and thru?
    A 3/4" X 7/8"(19mm X 22mm) hole is cut thought the Wgn wing.Iguess u could drill a 22mm hole instead.
    A 1 1/8" X 3/4" (29mm X 19mm)oval hole the shape of the HB wire grommet is drilled & ground into the Wgn body to the left of the Wgn center mounting bolt hole(standing behind the wgn facing forward).Just unplug & remove the Wgn 3rd lite.The HB 3rd lite plugs right into the Wgn plug.
    check out these ridiculous EF hatch wings

http://www.groundeffects.com/wings/hcivic88.htm

do the EF hatch MID-WINGS work for the wagons?
  • solscud007 dude you are going to get ate up on this forum if you don't read some more before posting. :wink:
    ragenasian wrote:
    solscud007 dude you are going to get ate up on this forum if you don't read some more before posting. :wink:

sorry im just fired up with my wagon. :D
    anyone know what wing this is?

30.jpg
    That's one of our guys.Can't remember his name.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    SiWagon wrote:
    That's one of our guys.Can't remember his name.

wagon4m aka DAVE
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    didnt that wagon get sold?
  • JDMshuttleJDMshuttle Senior Wagonist
    yEs...
    ok so it was sold. but what wing is that? EG? EK spoon?
    ek spoon duck bill
    JDMshuttle wrote:
    ek spoon duck bill

really. hmm is the isntall as "easy" as the EF wing?
    yes
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    lolz, way to answer 2 years 2 months later :P
    just saw it hehe :oops:
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    That EK Duckbill On There Looks Mean. Not To Bite Styles But I Might Have To Look Into That. Thought About Using A CF Fit Tail But I Think Those Are Too Small Cuz Tha Fit Seems More Narrow Up Top. Hmmmm...
  • Solscud007 wrote:
    anyone know what wing this is?

30.jpg

What's the model on that mid-wing, looks pretty awesome.... times 80
    ek spoon duck bill
  • JDMshuttle wrote:
    ek spoon duck bill

Whoops, sorry, I thought the spoon duck bill was the one up top. My mistake
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    It is. The mid-wing is probably just one for an EF hatch or something.[/quote]
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ThaClutcH wrote:
    It is. The mid-wing is probably just one for an EF hatch or something.
    [/quote]

it is one for an ef hatch... i has the same one...

354.jpg