Ek cluster into 90 wagon

just wondering if anyone knew if the wiring was different the wagon cluster plugs. like civic and crx have jus lil bit of difference.

Comments

• turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    nope same swap. only time it gets a lil different is 88-89 and 90-91 and even then i thinks its nothing super hard. im gettin ready to do this swap myself on my 88 ill try to do a lil write up.
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    so far got most of it wired up tach working lights still got spped sensor and what not
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    teaser pic. making sure everything will work right before sealn her up

542.jpg
    nice. ive got a CRV cluster im gunna use.
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    well so far my gas guage and speedo is not wokring not sure why yet. trying to find a better write-up on it or some pics.

562.jpg
  • any pics of how it mounted in the wagon dash?

are you using the wagon cluster hood?
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Check out "Jaker's Ride" he has the CTR gauge cluster in his wagon, looks amazing.
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    you can maybe make something to hold it up in there. i just tucked my wiring in there and use the wagon hood to hold it in works just fine. got my speedo working bad vss that i bought.
    if for some reason its the gas guage thats f'd up i just had to replace mine in my wifes car $35 shipped works good again.

this is the link jaker gave me to help me with mine when the time comes.

http://www.tuner-junction.com/TJForum/h ... 1-crx.html
  • I checked out that link,it has good info on the wiring
    I 'm concerned more about the mounting and appearance
    In the link the guy said he didn't mount it to the dash, just screwed the cover on. Seems scetchy
  • I made 2 little aluminum tabs that screwed into the bottom 2 OEM Wagon mounts in the dash, and then screwed to the 2 bottom screw holes on the cluster. Too bad I don't have time to take it apart and snap a couple pics. Once you try it, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Overall, it fits extremely well. There's just 2 small gaps in the bottom corners that if you're really anal (I am) you'll want to fill in somehow (I plan to). Oh, and that wiring that TurboTeg linked to is spot on. I did the install about a year before I had the Wagon on the road, and it worked perfectly the 1st time.

568.jpg
  • thanks jaker
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    i need to make some tabs so it will look a lil bit better but will have pics up in a bit ofit finished besides that. only problem im having now battery light came on and is flashing and making a beap.and i have no turn signals. everything was working just fine so not sure what that is gonna have to run through the wires again
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    803.jpg

804.jpg
  • Jaker wrote: »
    I made 2 little aluminum tabs that screwed into the bottom 2 OEM Wagon mounts in the dash, and then screwed to the 2 bottom screw holes on the cluster. Too bad I don't have time to take it apart and snap a couple pics. Once you try it, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Overall, it fits extremely well. There's just 2 small gaps in the bottom corners that if you're really anal (I am) you'll want to fill in somehow (I plan to). Oh, and that wiring that TurboTeg linked to is spot on. I did the install about a year before I had the Wagon on the road, and it worked perfectly the 1st time.

568.jpg

Bumping an old thread, but the link turboteg originally posted no longer works. Does anyone have an updated link? Or any info on which VSS to use?

Ta.