Caster adjustment

I Figure with all the brains on here someone may have thought of or have another idea on caster adjustment.

Through my research and talking to people I have found out that apparently 3rd gen accord radius rods have provision for adjustment and and can be made to fit our efs. Every 3rd gen accord I have come across the radius rods have been missing so that tells me someone else knows. Apparently the 4th gen accord ones are the same length but are curved so you have more room for b swaps.

I know there are many options for traction bars etc where you can adjust them but to have it legal in nz there are only 1 or 2 brands that meet our requirements so I'm wanting to use stock parts if possible. The way I see it is I can try find 3rd gen accord radius rods or modify my ef ones either by extending the threaded section or cutting them and welding some threaded rod into them and adjusting it. Has anyone else come across anything easy or another car that'd possibly work

Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    I have managed to get my hands on a set of 3rd gen accord radius arms. The lca spacing looks identical but the holes need to be enlarged. The adjustment is pretty cool. I'll get some pics up tomorrow
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    whats the point?
    Of caster adjument? Same reason people get traction arms?
    I believe caster can affect the turn in and steering feel.
    I was replacing the bushes anyway so why not add some adjustment while I was in there.

Here is a pic the 3g accord radius arms. Just need to drill the bolt holes so it fits the ef lca

4.jpg
  • klum wrote: »
    whats the point?

Plus if you read the rest of his post there are crazy rules they have to deal with in NZ about keeping your car legal that we do not have here in the States.
    That too!
    I havent looked but to me knowledge there is only one traction bar setup that is able to be certified (legal safety inspection for modified cars) and it is WAY more than the $50 it cost for the arms.
    I don't know enough to play around with the adjustment so its not something I need to change heaps. It'll be set a couple of times if that and left as as is
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I am running an innovative traction bar with their radius arms. About to go for certification process so I'll update with the results of that.

Also, I think Abide mentioned to me that you can thread the stock radius arms to get adjustment? Not sure on that.
    It also came down to cost for me which is why I went down this road. I was also thinking about threading the stock ones but to do that you'll need to turn down the ef rods so unless you have access to a lathe it could end up being costly

Who are you using for your cert and if you don't mind my asking how much did the bars set you back landed in nz

The accord radius arms look like the will work nicely. It look like I may have to extend the thread for the lock nut as the accord thread ends sooner than the ef. A rough option could be using some washers
    15.jpg
    16.jpg

Edit: now that I put the crush tube and retaining washes in I'll probably get away with only using a washer
    17.jpg
    As per my thread I've chopped about 15mm off the big adjuster nuts. I'll try set them to stock length and get a baseline measurement and see what we get as it changes. I have also thought about turning down the stock shafts once I get a measurement and putting them in the crx
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    Haydz wrote: »
    I am running an innovative traction bar with their radius arms. About to go for certification process so I'll update with the results of that.

Also, I think Abide mentioned to me that you can thread the stock radius arms to get adjustment? Not sure on that.

not sure about that one. i have the innovative crossmember replacement with kingpin bearings. but that means i can just slip a spacer over the rod to decrease it but that's it.