What has been seen cannot be unseen! This poor wagon. *PIX*

Comments

• Ordered my new sohc nonvtec zc motor yesterday, they said seven days and they will deliever it to my house, this is really happening guys! :-)
    I have even lined up the hoist for not this weekend but next.
    Just have to make time to finishing prepping the motor that's in her to come out.
  • I'll take pictures during the swap, promise
  • option #3
    Thats what I did and I love the ZC SOHC with Vtec

Before
    WagonEngine_zps3b75066a.jpg

Between
    wagonengineout_zps0064b281.jpg

After
    wagonengineafter_zps2b6bd429.jpg
  • very encouraging to see a few pix, thx 1sleeperwagon.
    went with the nonvtec since it would be the easiest swap, and would save money vs a vtec setup.
    seems like there is so much to do i didn't want to complicate things, it's been a while since i've worked on any kind of motor swap and i'm not for sure how much my friends will come through in being availible to help out.
    might just be me, which is fine but i admit progress could be slow unassisted.
  • very encouraging to see a few pix, thx 1sleeperwagon.
    went with the nonvtec since it would be the easiest swap, and would save money vs a vtec setup.
    seems like there is so much to do i didn't want to complicate things, it's been a while since i've worked on any kind of motor swap and i'm not for sure how much my friends will come through in being availible to help out.
    might just be me, which is fine but i admit progress could be slow unassisted.

Not a big deal anytime!!!! Take your time. It can be a process oh yes but, don't cut corners. Most are in a rush and then they have issues. Good Luck
  • Poked around the garage a bit to get my big tool chest outta the corner, cleaned up and organized a bit then worked on unplugging the harness from the motor in prep for it being pulled
    I still plan on getting the hoist this weekend if things work out so maybe I'll get it out.
    I also received shipping confirmation on the new motor so I should have it this week or next at the latest.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Good to see you making strides.

Just a pointer: Don't worry about unplugging the harness from the engine until it's out of the car. Just unplug from the connectors at both shock towers and from the underhood fuse box. Leave the harness on the engine and swap to the new engine before installing.
  • nice, thanks man, I'm doing this alone, not really reading up on it and little experience (at least it's been a long time) so any advice is VERY welcome here :-)
  • Finally got my garage organized and enough room for the hoist and engine to be moved around.
    Dug into prepping the motor to come out Monday evening.
    Really I think it's almost ready.
    Have to drain the tranny and disconnect the speedo cable, but then it should be ready to hook up and pull.
    Pulling the motor was actually going to happen tonight but my friend that was coming down to help me found rotted subfloors in his home, so I'll be heading over there tonight to give him a hand.
    Hopefully at the latest this weekend of getting the motor pulled.

Next I want to clean the bay while it's out, ordering new coolant hoses, and maybe new radiator for just the good of the wagon and her reliablity since she will be driven daily.

Hope by next weekend at the very latest to have the new motor in and operable.
    Planning on ordering new front struts today or tomorrow as well so she'll have blue's on all four corners.
  • Just a quick update, hoping to work on the wagon some this weekend, got my buddies house taken care of for the time being, said he might have some time to work on the wagon with me this weekend.
    I did get a delievery a couple of days ago, new tokico blues to replace the bad fronts and match the rears, they also dropped off my new Mishimoto hose kit, old stuff didn't look awesome.
    I am paying my father-in-law this weekend and he is signing over the title, he is also dropping off my rt4wd wheels and snow tires, and my blown tokcio blue front struts (need the stock teg springs off of them)
    So she will be mine offically.
    Wish my luck guys, hope I get to do some work this weekend.
  • Got to work on the Wagon this weekend... if it were not for the driverside axle nut we would have had the motor out.
    Anyway, my buddy was thrown by how much stuff needs removed from an Auto RT4WD wagon with all options including power stearing and AC, haha.
    I guess he's used to hondas that are pretty stripped down.
    He is coming over Tuesday night with the BIG GUNS (electric impact, fingers crossed it will budge, might have to heat it up, but either way i've got an idea in my back pocket i'm pretty sure will work)
    Paid for the wagon last night, my father in law dropped off the title, wheels and tires and the struts and springs so I've got everything in one place finally.
    Gonna work on a few things tonight so wish me luck, but I should be able to post a pic of the empty engine bay after Tuesday night.
    Cannot wait to powerwash the bay and clean her up, she deserves it.
    I think i'm gonna work on swapping the stock integra springs to my new struts and cleaning up the front stock seats to go back in tonight, we will see...
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Congratulations on the purchase! Glad it's coming together for you!
  • The engine is finally out! Took pictures just need to figure out how to get them off my tablet
  • Can't get the pictures off my tablet, I'll take more on my phone or camera this weekend so I can post them next week.
    I plan on cleaning up the engine bay and transmission at some point soon.
    I have ordered and am waiting on new engine mounts, my old ones are completely shot.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Do you host pictures with photobucket? They have an app that has worked well for me.
  • Life has been crazy, hope to get pictures soon.
    We are most likely buying a different house and that has taken a lot of our time and efforts...
    I did get somemore work done on the wagon, I pushed her out of the garage and power washed the empty engine bay then I power washed and degreased the transmission.
    Ready to put the old tranny on the new motor and reinstall.
    Trashed a couple of the mount getting the motor out so I bought brand new ones.
    So I'm still giving her love, just very busy, thx for staying with me everyone.
  • New engine is now equiped with the old transmission, now I need to swap the wiring harness between the two, then she will get her heart back.
    Sorry again no pix, worked late last night and just didn't think about it.
  • Wiring harness swapped, swapped out broken throttle position sensor, did valve cover gasket, spark plug gromets and oil gasket on dizzy.
    Swapped hoses for my new Mishimotor hoses!
    Looks pretty.
    PB blasted the exhaust manifold bolts about to pull it in favor of the RT4WD exhaust header with new gasket.
    So she is offically ready to have the motor put back in
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Pics, guy! Glad to hear of your progress :)
  • wagodizzle wrote: »
    Pics, guy! Glad to hear of your progress :)

Thanks Wagodizzle, good to know people are still looking at the thread.
    I really do owe you guys some pics since you've stayed with me on this one.
    I'll see what I can do, I usually take pics with my phone but I keep working in the evenings and night and my garage isn't lit well but I'll see what I can do.
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    I've read through your build thread and love the progress you've made with this wagon, I just don't comment everytime I read through any build thread, since I don't want to be called a "post whore" haha. One hell of a roller coaster ride I'd say but worth it in the end. Most of the time I feel the same way about my build thread, that's why I don't update it much anymore.
    We do need pictures though, bright and shiny pics:)
    Keep up the good work
  • I have pictures!!! Stink'n cardomain won't let me update them... So another text only update, though you guys and gals deserve much better for sticking with me.
    Put seven hours in last night.
    New motor is in and everything is pretty much buttoned down.
    Had more fun working on her last night than ever before, things just went awesome.
    Tonight we are putting fluids in and starting her up.
    Let's hope this motor is a winner, i'm over the moon!
  • She LIVES!!!
    Pulled a late nighter, forgot a ground and had a time figuring it out, but she runs like a top and purs like a little sowing machine!
    Doesn't even seem real!
    Ran an oil change through her and changed it again last night to make sure I got her cleaned out well... just being extra careful.

*here's the laundry list*
    I still need to put the hood back on
    Put the new struts on
    Bleed the brakes (they feel like doo doo).
    Then I want to clean and swap out to the stock seats.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Congrats on the good news bro!!

PIX!
  • Drove down the alleys behind our house last night for about 15 mins, with the wife and kids and both our bostons!
    The wagon took good care of us!
    I'll be working on her again monday evening and will update with progress then.
  • Got the hood back on, installed the old teg springs on the new blue struts, fixed the missing fuel filter washer and ball joint nut pins.

Next on the list is to get the factory seats cleaned up and reinstalled.

I also have to get her tagged so I can drive her around.
  • FOR SALE:
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?16831-FS-1990-RT4WD-Auto-new-sohc-ZC-lots-of-new-parts-(Southern-OHIO)-2200&p=203285#post203285

Thanks for sticking with me, now someone pick her up and treat her right.
    This car is my "Giving Tree" of sort, actually more accurately, I am her "Giving Tree"
  • So what's new with the wagon...
    Drove it the other day to put gas in it and it turns out it doesn't have a gas cap... random, not sure what happened to it.
    My buddy called me and offered his entire AC system which everything but the wiring is brand new for a very fair deal, so I'm gonna take him up on it.
    We moved out to the country and my wife is putting pressure on me all the sudden to keep the wagon, and get rid of the pt since the wagon has more clearance and 4wd, truth is we live 15 mins or more out of cell phone range and the road that is quickest home my neighbors tell her get pretty squirrelly in the winter.
    She likes that I have a brand new set of snow tires, so the wagon might be coming off the market and the pt going on.
    I am replacing a wheel bearing, oil sending unit and broken wheel stud on the pt before putting it for sale.
    Ah, the wagon just won't leave me haha
  • May stop by and bleed brakes on wagon, throw on the new fuel cap and bring her home to the farm this weekend, wish me luck, it'll be the longest drive she's been on since the motor swap.
  • Posted two weeks ago that I might go get the wagon and it just flat didn't happen. Too many projects out on the farm. Would like to make time for her this weekend so I need to get the tags sorted and hopefully next Monday I'll be commuting via Wago-wonder. We will see, *sigh* life is just toooooo busy.