What has been seen cannot be unseen! This poor wagon. *PIX*

Comments

• Haha, she seems to be the wagon that everyone regrets either not buying or ever selling.
    I get to feel that regret twice now.
    She's a great little car, a lot of people didn't like that she is an auto, but honestly as an auto she is just that much easier to live with on a daily basis, I'm wishing I was back in her instead of shifting gears.
    Besides for guys that haven't owned auto rt4wd they do have a sport shift mode where the car holds gear longer and you can shift between 3rd and 4th with a button
  • Still got a set or rt4wd rims and two stock rip-free seats that just need a little cleaning, one even has the underseat tray bracket. If I ever get her back I haz parts!

...no word still on when he will have the money to get her going again... :-( and thus she sits
  • Father in Law called said the wagon was pooring white smoke... i'd say it needs a new motor, wish they would have changed the water pump like it told them but maybe i'll get her back now, poor girl...
  • Wonder if it just blew a headgasket..?
    If i can get her back and just replace the headgasket, water pump, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, spark plug gromets, plugs, she might be fresh as can be to drive daily :-)
    If i'm getting in that deep, i'll go ahead and do the oil pan gasket she's been needing for a while now.
    Then I would like drivetrain fluids checked, tranny and rear end... then the good stuff... get the ac FINALLY fixed and ready for paint!
    Maybe I'm getting to caught up and just dreaming bc he hasn't said he would sell her yet, but my wife told her dad and her brother that I would be happy to buy it back... how cool would it be to own her a third time??? :-)
    Gotta get this PT sold.
    No more car payment! No more full coverage insurance payment!
  • I spoke with my brother-in-law yesterday, asked him if he had any news on the wagon.
    He said he has not figured out anything on the wagon and his dad feels that he should fix the wagon and sell it since he is now living on campus and needs more reliable transportation.
    Told him he should buy the PT, in fact I would trade the PT for the wagon if he would give me enough to simply pay-off my loan on the PT.
    He seemed interested, asked some questions about the PT and told me he would talk to his dad about it but it sounded good to him.
    Fingers crossed on this one, I know the wagon needs work, but she always gives back two fold on what I put into her.
    Owning her for a third time will be a kick :-)
    Who else gets this many chances with a car they love?
    Figures crossed guys.
  • They are coming to check out the pt this weekend, his parents seem on board, lets hope I get my wagon back soon.
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    That's a pretty good story. Good luck! Hope you get it back!!
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    Anyone commented on the lugnuts yet? Conical/tapered seat lug on a ball seat wheel (unless those aren't ball seat wheels but I doubt it) Not very safe and I wouldn't be surprised if the lugnuts are damaged now.

Figured id pass along
  • JayTee wrote: »
    Anyone commented on the lugnuts yet? Conical/tapered seat lug on a ball seat wheel (unless those aren't ball seat wheels but I doubt it) Not very safe and I wouldn't be surprised if the lugnuts are damaged now.

Figured id pass along

Yeah, no one has ever pointed that out. For the time being it's just setting. I will fix when if/when I get the wagon back.
  • AlaskaB16 wrote: »
    That's a pretty good story. Good luck! Hope you get it back!!

Thanks so much I am hoping as well.

He loves it, came and drove it, asked a bunch of questions. My father-in-law and mother-in-law came later and checked it out as well. He asked me what deal I was willing to make and I explained. We will see, I'm guessing it will take some weeks, in the mean time I'm stuck waiting and wondering. He promised me the wagon would not be driven.
  • Just wanted to update. My brother-in-law told me he thought he thought his dad was gonna fix the car, they asked me to come look at it on a day I had obligations and I haven't heard from them since. Maybe they will still sell her back to me so I can make her right, time will tell... for the time being i'm doing work to my house, almost done with complete revamping the plumbing, changing the floor plan and new floors about two weeks from complete. I really don't have time to work on her until I get my family back in our house with my garage.
  • Got a phone call from my father-in-law, he wanted to drop the wagon off soon, says he doesn't care if it's a week or four weeks till I get to it, he wanted me to make it run for as cheap as possible so he can trade it in... :nightmare: *yikes* He also said he drove it and it keeps getting hot, I asked him if it's still idling kinda crazy and he said yes... I told him he should have it towed over, he laughed and said he would just drive it... *sigh* she is gonna be toast by the time I get her in my garage that head is gonna be soooo warped and possible valves bent, she'll need a new heart I believe, but time will tell. We got off the phone and my wife could tell I was a little disturbed. I told her what happened... she looked at me and said, you really want her back don't you?... I said yeah, I just wanted to make her right and own her again... so my wife calls him back and explains that that they should sell me the car instead of trading it in and that no ones is gonna give him anything for the car on trade and there is more wrong with the car than they realize. He said he would see what he can workout... and now I wait, again but at least with a bit of hope.
  • After talking to them again, it seems they are pretty much done with the wagon, gonna bring it over sometime soon and we will talk money on getting her back.
    refinancing the house to pay off bills and the pt, so when we sell the pt i'll have funds to put in saving and fix her up... things are looking up.
  • sonnyyangsonnyyang Band Wagon
    this wagon's got character
  • sonnyyang wrote: »
    this wagon's got character

Thanks I'm hoping to get actual picture updates in the next month, my wife has been on them hard to sell the car back to me... she just told me last night, I had thought she didn't really want me to get it back, so she's on board and driving her dad nuts haha, go wife!

Yeah, the wagon and i have been through a lot together and there are lots of stories even not posted here. Thanks for checking my thread out.
  • Apparently there are some conditions, my wife says she's painting the wagon black after I do some body work to her once she is back... so the wagon will be black :-) I know I tossed around the idea before but the wife is pretty insistant this time so it will be as she says.
    Black with white rt4wd wheels, yummy.
    I've got quite the laundry list of things to do to her after I get her running right, I will keep everyone posted.
    Like I said new pix as soon as I get her back in my possession expect that to take a few weeks though.
    Looks like they are gonna trade for the PT since I lowered the price so two birds with one stone and I'll be able to really focus on the wagon.
  • I have not given up, in fact I now have a buyer for the PT and this weekend my brotherinlaw is supposed to tell me how much they want for the wagon.
    We finish our home renovations tonight too so I'll finally have some breathing room.
    Stick with me guys I'm giving it everything I've got
  • i feel the same way, got my wagon rt4 at 300,000. starts right up everytime. my car was spray bombed white then one day a coworker pressure washed it for me and said he stopped cause the paint came off. i saw a blue, then a black then a gorgeous grey. my car is trashed too. i know how you feel. im building it one step at a time,or at least one part.
  • This to me is posted with a heavy heart. I heard back, by that I mean I recieved a txt that said they had arrived at a decision, when I txt'd back he told me they decided NOT to sell her and that they want to just spend a few hundred bucks and fix her and they were hoping I would help.

My heart sank, first I didn't expect their final decision to be NOT to sell, but equally they thought that I could somehow make the car right for them for a few hundred bucks when I had aloted from 500 to 1000 dollars myself to put into making her right after buying her back.

I felt kinda sick last night, but maybe it's just not meant to be.

My fatherinlaw wants to make the car run so he can drive it till the first of the year then get him something else.

I don't mean to just give up, but hope is fading a bit and working on her i doubt will make things easier.
  • After reading this entire thread (which took hrs lol) i feel like i might end up heart broken in regret with you lol.
    I just sold my first wagon about an hour ago, i loved that thing to death! but B20 Wagon here on the forum is selling his B20 wagon (go figure lol) its a 16 hour journey there and back to buy it but im making the trip wednesday. His wagon is cleaner than mine and has the b20 which is what i had planned for my white wagon anyways, but im not sold on the dark grey color just yet, im just hoping i dont end regretting selling my white wagon.
    Anyways great thread, could have used a few more pictures though ;)
  • this wagon is my favorite colour. that was uncalled for to do a rt4 so bad
  • Jhampster wrote: »
    After reading this entire thread (which took hrs lol) i feel like i might end up heart broken in regret with you lol.

It's been a bit of a downer, I still wish I could get it back, and actually will try, I just felt defeated with the news, glad people are still reading my thread...
    Yeah I will get pics when I'm out there again, maybe there is still hope :-)
  • Will be out there thanksgiving, my father-in-law said spring before they will be getting rid of the wagon... maybe I'll just hold off on selling the pt, not like people were jumping on it anyway. I really miss this car :-(
  • saw the wagon thursday evening, late as the sun was setting we pulled up nose to nose with her. she looked good, she looked static. they haven't said a word to me about when they plan to fix her or when they want me to look at her. i forgot the camera and my cell so no pix like i wanted, sigh... I talked to my wife and she seems much less interested lately, says she would rather me get something good on gas and newer... i was hopping to get the wagon back :-/ not sure if i should push to sell the pt or hold and hope to sell in the spring when they want rid of the wagon running or not...
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    sell the PT Pooper and get the wagon.. NOW! or, sell the wagon to someone who would take care of it and appreciate it (aka me :) )
  • "PT Pooper" haven't heard that one yet, nice...
    Tell you what, you buy the PT for pay off and I'll buy the wagon back ;-)
    ...no takers..? ...darn...

We will see what works out, guess I shouldn't have sold it, but I don't have as much control as i'd like over getting the wagon back or it would have been done a month ago.
    Wish me luck, i've been venting a bit on here, sorry guys.

Thanks for reading my thread though and keeping hope alive.
  • I managed to not bother anyone with my obsession in December but couldn't help but post first chance i got 2013!
    Saw the wagon on Christmas eve, still siting just moved over out of the way since they decided not to bother with it.
    Talked to my brother in law last night, he has been driving different cars trying to figure out what he wanted and finally decided.
    I need to remind him to talk to his dad and come up with a price for the wagon.
    He said the dealer wanted to talk trades and a friend of his wanted to buy the wagon but he told both of them that it was promised to me first.
    I will keep everyone up to date.
  • Last night I was missing the wagon...
    Sometimes I miss the days with the wagon, no car payment, cheap insurance and tons of personality and I get this sick feeling in my stomach.
    I suppose we all hold on to material things and attach meaning to them, I usually feel better in the morning.

I may have posted this a while back but im really feeling it tonight.

My bro-n-law finally named his price... $1000... having been sitting for months not running i was prepared to offer less than that... talked to the wife... she didnt seem on board at all so im feeling pretty deflated tonight.

But like the quote says, maybe ill feel better in the morning
  • I thought about it a great deal yesterday, feel much better about things, but i'm realizing either choice is not going to be easy.

Talked to the wife again about the car last night, she wants me to think long and hard about it then present my side when I feel like I'm ready (this is what we usually do to remain democratic, she knows i'm trying to decide on a car then I come up with all my reasons and present them at one time, haha)
    She did say that she kinda felt like the car was a bit much for the work it needed and that I needed to decide how much I really thought it would take to fix it right this time including not just mechanically but in the looks department.

She also mentioned she really liked this red rt4wd automatic crv for sale locally, basically the updated version of my wagon from the red color to the auto transmission to the rt4wd.
    I see her point, the car needs nothing as far as I can tell and may be the safer choice.
    So I'm spending some time thinking all choices over:

Keep the PT and pay it off in April
    3K83M33I85Ne5Ge5E9cbg0be65b543d841e89.jpg
    Sell the PT and get the CRV and pay it off in April
    117.jpg
    Sell the PT and get the wagon, fix it up and put my return toward saving or our house payment come April
    118.jpg

It's a very personal choice I'm aware, and I know a lot of guys on here are bias but would love to here your thoughts.
  • The pictures I posted were for illustration purposes only.

The picture of the PT is actually my PT but the picture of the crv and wagon are obviously not the ones in question.

The CRV I'm looking at is exactly like that one but not quite as shiney.

My wagon is obviously not this one posted but I like it and didn't have any new pictures handy.
    If I paint mine like this wagon I'll go with black truck bed liner instead of the grey and If I get a bull bar It'll be painted black.