My B20 vtec build

2»

Comments

• love the engine build.....best of luck on the numbers
  • nice build, But I do have a question for ya. What clutch cable are you useing? I have a b20 in my wagon and cant seem to get the right one. Not trying to jack your thread.
    I don't want to lie to ya man, I bought the car with a b series already in it. If I remember correctly, when I did my LS swap a few years ago I just used the d series cable.
  • Car made 0hp and 0ftlbs lol. I had the car on the dyno and they were dialing in the a/f ratio below about 3000rpm and then the belt slipped just like the other two times. Funny thing is I had them DOUBLE check the timing belt to make sure that it was tight and it looked good to run. The problem that they see is that since the cams have such high peaks on the lobes that after peak the the intake and exhaust cam actually push and pull on the belt and in turn moving slightly faster than the crank. They also suggested to sand down the face of the tensioner and washer with some 80 grit to get a surface that will bite in case it is slipping.

The car will be put on the back burner for now. I am going to take it back out of the car to once over everything, get rid of that god awful cable tranny, install a aftermarket adjustable tensioner, kevlar belt, and fix whatever bent valves there may be.

only pic i got
    415.jpg
  • ogwagonogwagon Wagonist
    Sorry to hear that. Are you still using the Buddy Club stage 4 cams? Check out this tensioner, it might help:
    http://www.etdracing.com/store/product_ ... 80de150b9a
  • Yes I am still using the bc4's and that is exactly what I was going to get to help out with the belt.
  • JakerJaker familEE
    Have a look at this one too:

http://www.theoldone.com/components/cam ... sioner.htm

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I know how you feel. Been there, done that.
  • dude that one looks bad ass thanks

*edit* ..........and I can keep a/c with that one!
  • JakerJaker familEE
    And it's cheaper to boot!
  • pLaYbOipLaYbOi Wagonist
    super jealous. very nice build. and congrats and gettin married. Just make sure to get one of those sparco baby seats when time comes :wink:
  • TacobobTacobob Band Wagon
    hey im thinking of putting a b20 into my wagonso if there any real big bumbs you hit please let me know what they are. Im tghinking i might go but either just the b20, the one that does not have a b16 head or i might go toward a b18c.
    Bobby
  • No, there really wasn't anything that I came across that was that much of a hassle beyond any motor build and swap. Just do your research, and research again. If you do go b2 0vtec save yourself the trouble of trying to use a stock b20 head gasket, and get a golden eagle B20 vtec gasket.
    And while I'm here I might as well update. I pulled the motor/tranny and I am going to get a aftermarket LSD (stock LSD now) and install a LS fifth gear. I figured I might as well tuck the wires, brake lines, a/c lines, and to top it off, shave the bay. I will also be pulling all the carpet, trim, dash, etc. to clean everything as will as paint the interior plastics black.
    I don't know when all this will happen because in a few weeks I will be going to Alaska for about a year. IDK we'll see.
    Best of luck to you Tacobob
  • dr.gtsdr.gts Band Wagon
    is this wagon rt4wd?
  • Was a Rt, the drivetrain is gone and it is just a 2wd with painted bumpers and a rt-4wd steering wheel.
  • HondaDaveHondaDave Band Wagon
    Any idea when this will be back on the rollers?
  • It won't be. I am selling the b20 and I am going to take some time to put together a k20 or k24/k20.
  • ee4wagoonee4wagoon Wagonist
    is the b20 gonna be 4wd? if so are there any special things that need to be done? im neb and wanna swap my rt4wd to b series 4wd the one out of a crv. what needs to be done? does the motor mount holders need to be cut off and replaced? will the drive shaft bolt right up into the wagon?
    ee4wagoon wrote:
    is the b20 gonna be 4wd? if so are there any special things that need to be done? im neb and wanna swap my rt4wd to b series 4wd the one out of a crv. what needs to be done? does the motor mount holders need to be cut off and replaced? will the drive shaft bolt right up into the wagon?

Did you read the previous posts? The wagon was originally 4WD and was converted to 2WD when he went B series.
    Either way he is going K series now.
  • ee4wagoonee4wagoon Wagonist
    oh damm
    ee4wagoon wrote:
    oh damm

Sorry, not trying come of like a jerk just pointing out that if you had read the posts on this page alone your questions would be answered. :wink: