My B20 vtec build

Current parts
ON B20 Block: je pistons 12.5cr, H-beam eagle rods, ITR oil pump, ITR water pump, Moroso oil pan, golden eagle oil filter b20vtec adapter
ON b16 Head: port and polish/5 angle valve job by portflow, Crower-dual valve springs, retainers, valve seats, and titanium valves,
Bump sticks: Buddy club spec 4's
The Car: 1991 Honda Civic Wagon (EE civic)
471.jpg
My Goals: To have a quick little daily wagon that I can take to the track on the weekend and have fun with. Shooting for >230-240whp. It will have a/c, and no ps.

Parts Needed: 440 injectors, 255lph fuel pump, Hy-Tech big tube header, 70mm throttle body, clutch and TUNING.

I will keep it updated when I can, parts are coming in slow, because along with this I am making plans to get married sometime this year (paying for ALL of the wedding because our parents are broke)

722.jpg
723.jpg
724.jpg
725.jpg
726.jpg
727.jpg
728.jpg
rallybuildpicsandb20build105.jpg2010-02-10%2019.55.03.jpg

1266373301285.jpg

AEM cam gears came in today and just bought a skunk2 pro series intake manifold and a hondata IM gasket.

Comments

• Aahh yeeeaah! Looks like a great build and you are off to a solid start. Glad I found your thread and looking forward to updates.
  • What suspension are you going with and what engine management are you tuning with?
  • I have omni power full coil overs for the suspension. The engine management will be done by ECtune by Secret Services Auto in Houston.
  • Isn't 12.5 to 1 compression ratio a little high for pump gas?
    The reason I ask is you stated it was going to be a daily driver/weekend track.
  • Georgie wrote:
    Isn't 12.5 to 1 compression ratio a little high for pump gas?
    I was thinking the same thing, but it is possible if you pull back a little on the timing when using pump gas.
  • Georgie wrote:
    I asked the same thing before I started but I asked my tuner.

First off, here in Texas we have 93oct
    Secondly the tuner has had several >13:1cr run on pump
    Lastly if 93 is not enough I will get bigger injectors and run E85 ---105-107oct (quite a few stations around here so its no biggy)
  • Georgie wrote:
    I asked the same thing before I started but I asked my tuner.

First off, here in Texas we have 93oct
    Secondly the tuner has had several >13:1cr run on pump
    Lastly if 93 is not enough I will get bigger injectors and run E85 ---105-107oct (quite a few stations around here so its no biggy)

Having access to 93 octane and E85 just in case helps alot. Sounds like you did your'e homework.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    Im so jelouse i want E85 so bad.

What does the comp. ratio end up bein with that b16 head.....

Awsome build this should be lots of fun get some dyno and street vids of this when its finished!
  • 13:1 > or = 12.5:1 the pistons are rated for the vtec hybrid. If I had used a GSR head that would be a different story. I might have ended up with right around 13:1 due to the quenching area in the gsr head.

B16
    quench area is NOT flush with deck of head

GSR
    quench area IS flush with deck of head

p72vspr3combustionchamb.jpg
  • C-ratZC-ratZ New Wagonist
    would you happen to know john dykes aka twig? hes good buddys with the guys from secret services
  • can't say I do man
  • cant you grind that head with a rock or something...

wasnt it shaky spear...

to be or not to be...

:mrgreen:
  • WHAT? lol
    i don't know what you are talking about?
  • WHAT? lol
    i don't know what you are talking about?
    few people do
  • who cares. i'm doing some reading here...

that's the point...

Just start, build it, ride...
    nothing ever goes the way you planned...

Theories of a starting point, compressions, ratio's.
    Parts wears down as you use it,
    it needs a frequent tune...period.

I 'write' alot, cant elaborate about everything everytime.
    Sorry

interesting point about those high octane gas stations...
    where the f you want to go was I thinking...

that's all
    sick car
  • C-ratZC-ratZ New Wagonist
    anyways good luck with the build man! looks amazing so far. the only allmotor b series i've seen just are barely in the 210whp. but with the parts and tuning youll have you should have no problem
  • 88loganm88loganm Band Wagon
    sick car
  • Thanks

My 650cc injectors, AEM fuel rail, inline filter, and fuel pressure regulator arrived yesterday. (650cc if I need to go e85)

I ordered the rest of my parts yesterday. Clutch, RMF header, Full race traction bar, and fuel pump. The problem is that full race is back ordered on their traction bars so I have to wait 30 days until one gets shipped out. But it looks like I will just finish the motor and install it and notch the cross member to fit the header so that I can take it to be tuned and break it all in before the traction bar arrives. I for see my wagon being in the 12-13's by next month. HOPEFULLY
  • we'll give it a little push...

lol

Gl
  • thx
  • ogwagonogwagon Wagonist
    Which version RMF header are you going with?
  • kidd racing rmf narrow so that I will have ground clearance.
  • Nice motor setup.
  • All the parts are in and I will be installing it into the wagon this Friday.
    667.jpg
    668.jpg
    669.jpg
    670.jpg
  • JakerJaker familEE
    That's sweet. Nice engine. If you get it running well and tuned, you'll absolutely love it!
  • I have had some bad luck, the buddy club 4's have such big vtec lobes that they bottom out the LMA's which caused the belt to slip and bending a few valves. I have new valves in and the rocker arm tab was ground down about 1/8 of a inch to keep from bottoming out again. The tune was moved to THIS Saturday.
    I also decided to do a DUAL tune, one tune will be for 93octane and the second tune will be for Q16 (is highly oxygenated, 3-5% more power than C16, 116 octane fuels).
    The Q16 tune will yield about 20whp gain and in a N/A car you will feel it. I am HOPING for about 230-240 on 93oct and 250-260 on Q16.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    should be lots of fun atleast the motor damage was only bent valves and not broken ones.... that sux a lot worse. try to get some vids i love NA dyno runs.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    "Haydz likes this"
  • nice build, But I do have a question for ya. What clutch cable are you useing? I have a b20 in my wagon and cant seem to get the right one. Not trying to jack your thread.
  • way2slowway2slow Band Wagon
    Nice car, i cant say that I'm not more than a jealous. Good luck with the build looks like its going to be one hell of a car.