My little gold wagon! :)

Comments

• TadasTadas Wagonist
    Cannot wait for the update to come! And it makes me even more anxious to work on my own shuttle!
  • I got everything done today, pics tomorrow guys! :)
  • Alrighty guys, I have a bunch of pics for this update. I am so much happier with the wagon.

I got my Pioneer speakers installed in their boxes. Wired the inside with gold plated connectors.

489.jpg
    490.jpg
    491.jpg

New tires got delivered- 175/70/13 General Altimax

492.jpg

New lug nuts, Honda wheel locks, and tire valve caps:

493.jpg

New Monroe rear brake shoes:

494.jpg

Picked up a BNIB Yakima King Cobra bike rack off Craigslist for $60 (these have been discontinued and replaced with the Yakima Front Loader):

495.jpg

Also got 2 Yakima SKS lock cores to prevent thievery:

496.jpg

Purchased some Ebay cross bars and some Yakima bar pads:

497.jpg

Woke up Saturday with work to do:

498.jpg

Loaded up the wagon/truck with all 4 rims and tires to go get mounted and balanced:

499.jpg

New rims and tires:

500.jpg

New vs. Old

501.jpg

Changing the rear brake shoes and cleaning:

502.jpg

Scraped the rust off and sprayed the drums with black rustoleum:

503.jpg

Had to cut and sew the bar pads so they would fit with the bike rack on the roof:

504.jpg

Got the roof rack, bar pads, and bike rack mounted on the wagon:

505.jpg
    506.jpg

Alright the BEFORE and AFTER pictures:

This is before the new rims/tires and the roof rack/bike rack. Notice the street name that the wagon is parked on :) I could not resist haha.

BEFORE:

507.jpg

And.... AFTER:

508.jpg
    509.jpg
    510.jpg
    511.jpg
    512.jpg

Then I helped greanteagod install his fender mirror and mirror delete on his "Silver slug"

513.jpg
    514.jpg
  • I like where this car is going, big fan of a clean set of OEM steelies.
  • I like where this car is going, big fan of a clean set of OEM steelies.

Thanks brother, I am a fan of fresh oem steelies also. It is also nice that they are cheap :)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Looks like a completely different wagon. Those steelies fit in just right. Good stuff!
  • SPW wrote: »
    Looks like a completely different wagon. Those steelies fit in just right. Good stuff!

Thanks a bunch man, I really appreciate it. Im glad other people think it looks okay, I'm still not super thrilled though. I wish it could compare to some of these wagons on here.
  • Sick build. I'm trying to find a roof rack for my wagon. Hoping my General Altimax tires 195-70-14 will fit under my wagon.
  • Sick build. I'm trying to find a roof rack for my wagon. Hoping my General Altimax tires 195-70-14 will fit under my wagon.

EBay has some decent racks if you want to ball on a budget like me haha. And I'm sure the new tires will fit. Thanks for the kind words.
  • Thanks for the assist. Need to get some new steelies for mine too. Maybe pop these off and repaint them while it's riding around on something else. Ha, just noticed I was in that picture of my car, I look like some serial rapist behind the wheel there.

Awesome job on the rack as well, can't wait to get a basket on mine. When I get the hood struts totally ironed out we need to set yours up. I promise not to bugger your hood like I did mine =D

With regard to the tires comment from MegaWagon. Those should fit, they're gonna be slightly bigger around if your stock size was 13" But only by about an inch across the entire diameter. You'll also be going slightly faster than the speedo indicates. At 60 on the speedo you'll actually be going about 63.
  • Thanks for the assist. Need to get some new steelies for mine too. Maybe pop these off and repaint them while it's riding around on something else. Ha, just noticed I was in that picture of my car, I look like some serial rapist behind the wheel there.

Awesome job on the rack as well, can't wait to get a basket on mine. When I get the hood struts totally ironed out we need to set yours up. I promise not to bugger your hood like I did mine =D

With regard to the tires comment from MegaWagon. Those should fit, they're gonna be slightly bigger around if your stock size was 13" But only by about an inch across the entire diameter. You'll also be going slightly faster than the speedo indicates. At 60 on the speedo you'll actually be going about 63.

No problem man. I want to paint my other rims a different color also, I'm thinking gloss white. Lucky for you, you have that nice factory roof rack already on ;) I cannot wait to do those good hood struts, I love the idea.
  • i always enjoy your updates, the roof rack is pretty damn sweet!
  • i always enjoy your updates, the roof rack is pretty damn sweet!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

Anybody ever do an MSD distributor in thier wagon? Mine could use a new one cause the o-ring inside of it is bad and leaking oil onto my block. I would like to just replace the whole unit rather than just the o-ring inside and I also figured I might as well do an upgraded one. My wagon seems to be running at about 80% and I don't know why, it used to do 95 mph all day long and now it struggles to get to 90 mph except down a slight hill. I know I need to change the o-rings underneath the valve train to keep oil from leaking into the spark plug tubes. It just feels like it is not getting full power even after I put fresh spark plugs in. Any suggestions? My thoughts were maybe a crappy dizzy, bad wires (possibly), bad plugs, clogged catalytic convertor?? Anyway, let me know guys.
  • LaserjockLaserjock New Wagonist
    Go with OEM Honda. These are proven at 350WHP in turbocharged engines.

It could be you need a new distributor and new wires and plugs.

Oil in the plug electrode will affect the spark
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Im so sure im going to refresh my steelies too as a side set now ive seen this.

Not a fan of the window tints tho.
  • Laserjock wrote: »
    Go with OEM Honda. These are proven at 350WHP in turbocharged engines.

It could be you need a new distributor and new wires and plugs.

Oil in the plug electrode will affect the spark
    Yeah I will go with OEM then. I am gonna give it a tune up and see if she is back to normal after this weeked.
  • Vladi wrote: »
    Im so sure im going to refresh my steelies too as a side set now ive seen this.

Not a fan of the window tints tho.

Thanks dude! Im a huge fan of your build. I found these steelies on Craigslist for $50 :) As far as the window tint goes, I will be keeping it because it is about to be summer time here in Texas and temperatures over 100 degrees fahrenheit are horrible. The guy actually had the tint done at a really nice place that uses only ceramic window tint instead of plastic or whatever to keep heat out.
  • Today I replaced the dizzy's o-ring because it was leaking. It was hard as a rock and broke into pieces.

New o-ring:

613.jpg

Grossl!!!

614.jpg

Also picked up some NGK copper plugs. NGK wires on order as well as an Import Direct distributor cap and rotor.

615.jpg
  • HA! that's how my dizzy looked to before i replaced the o-ring >< keep em coming bro!
  • HA! that's how my dizzy looked to before i replaced the o-ring >< keep em coming bro!

Tomorrow I am going to change the o rings underneath the valve train. I also ran half a can of seafoam through a vacumm line and the wagon really liked it. Has more power and seems to be running a little cleaner/smoother.
  • I thought a few of you would think that this was equally hilarious as I did. Greenteagod on here is painting a valve cover for me and sent me this, I about pissed my pants haha. The amount of love we show our wagons is tremendous LOL.

1.png
  • At least the couch is comfortable.
  • At least the couch is comfortable.
    Lol! Always pre plan the couch situation when you have a girlfriend, good call.
  • R.I.P. Killa's phone.

We work on both our cars today, Cleanup and fluid changes. I'll let him comment on the fixes to his vehicle, but it might be a day or so since during our last outing a phone got left on the top of a car, fell off and then run right over. Surprisingly enough it can still take calls.
  • I am dumbass, my phone is toast hahaha, good thing I have an upgrade! Anyway, we got the transmission on my wagon completely flushed and then Greenteagod noticed one of my sway bar bushings was completely off of the sway bar. We wrapped the bushing back around the sway bar and now there is no more annoying knocking noises when I go over a bump on the front passenger side :) Also, Greenteagod hooked me up with a few stick on tabs that go underneath table legs to prevent scratching and we put them where the rubber stoppers on the hatch door meet the body and it fixed all of the rattling coming from the back. The wagon drives super quiet now. After we took care of mine, we did an oil change on Greentea's Silver Slug and vacuumed the crap out of his wagon; looks much better now :) We need a steam cleaner! Pictures in the next few days.
  • Alright guys, I picked up a valve cover at the junkyard and dropped it off with Greenteagod to repaint it for me. The pictures do the talking, I am super happy with how it came out. Great job and thank you so much Greenteagod.

1.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4.jpeg

I will post a pic of it installed this weekend with my new NGK wires and new dizzy cap and rotor.

Cap and rotor

682.jpg
  • it's gree
  • =D That valve cover is looking pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Can't wait to get it on there and hopefully get you all leak free. We'll need to give it a good degreasing and hose down first so we can see just where things are leaking after that.
  • it's gree

Haha I fixed it, my bad brotha.
  • There you go, snapped one with my actual camera, showing some close up of the detail.

683.jpg