My little gold wagon! :)

Comments

• nice to see it coming along, that rear cargo cover is awesome
  • I ended up going to the junkyard again today and cutting some material from a ripped up wagon seat to cover it with. Thanks man!
  • Thanks brother, I really like the way it came out.
  • Looking good man. Jealous at how well your seats look. Gonna have to do that cup holder as well.
  • Thanks dude I appreciate it. The cup holder rocks and the seats were easy!
  • Danier-SanDanier-San New Wagonist
    What I did with my armrest was swap the components around with a DA integra armrest, because it has the optional cupholder in it. I bought one off a guy (turns out it was busted, figures) and drilled 2 giant holes so drinks can slip in the armrest.1555346_691463367551317_1130251415_n.jpg1526924_691463310884656_1302595425_n.jpg1526945_691463214217999_914625761_n.jpg580589_691463124218008_655852472_n.jpg

Just some inspiration to get you going....
  • Thanks man! Since I installed a cupholder on my door I don't think I will put cupholders in the armrest because I just want it for storage but yours looks great I wish mine was tan it would match much better than burgundy lol.
    I know this might sound beyond stupid, but you can flip the armrest backwards and give the backseats cupholder too haha....
  • Danier-San wrote: »
    I know this might sound beyond stupid, but you can flip the armrest backwards and give the backseats cupholder too haha....

Sounds neat but I kinda hate people riding with me cause most don't know how to treat cars. (slamming doors, leaving trash behind, putting extra wear and tear on my minty fresh passenger seat haha, weighing down the already weak 90 hp D15B2, etc.) Nobody has ridden in the back haha.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Good work being done. What car did the cargo cover come from?
  • Thanks, and it came out of a 96 Honda Passport.
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    I need to find me an armrest with cupholers.. thats badass.
  • I like all of these practical mods Very Nice.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Keep an eye on those rotors. Drilled are notorious for cracking, rusting and breaking....bad news bears. I've experienced it. Next time get blanks.
  • Appreciate it. I am trying to make it a little something of my own with what little time and money I have
  • Thanks for the heads up. I don't really do any heavy breaking and they are easy and cheap enough to replace if something ever broke or needed to be replaced. I wonder why high performace cars use drilled and slotted rotors if they are known to break and crack easier. Hmmmmm.
    F1 doesn't use them. The benefits of their use are for cars that brake very hard and a lot in close sequence. And can be replaced after every race. I'm using brembo blanks with hawk hps on my hatch.
  • Nice! How much did they run you?
    About $300 all around
  • bkmc24 wrote: »
    About $300 all around

They better stop on a dime lol! Mine stop extremely well (I am almost surprised how good the brakes are) and were only $75 both Callahan front rotors and ceramic pads.
    It will. My hatch has WAY too much invested lol.
  • Quick little picture update.

I swapped out my old hatch mechanism with one in much better condition:

13.jpg

Found the bottom part of a wagon armrest! It will match my brown interior, I just need the top part.

14.jpg

Also picked up the oil drain pan/ storage container that only comes in 4wd models:

15.jpg

Having fun in the WaGo!

16.jpg
  • I also a found the storage tray bracket and coin tray in a wagon at the junkyard. The bracket gave me a hard time because one of the bolts was stripped! I had to literally cut the bracket off the seat then take it home and cut the bolt off. Why are the small things so difficult? I guess it was worth the headache :) Not really looking forward to mounting the bracket though seeing as how there are not mounting holes already there. Sorry for the lower quality, phone pics.

Stubborn Bracket:

17.jpg

F**k you bolt!

18.jpg

Well worth it!

19.jpg
    Are you thinking about converting to manual? If not, that center console (with the stick shift boot and all) would be something I'd like to have....
  • Not any time soon. Send me a PM.
  • Hello guys, I wanted to post a little picture update of what I am up to with the wagon.

I installed the front intake tube that was missing on my wagon. Picked one up at the junkyard for $3. Much better:

368.jpg

Also snagged a gas cap holder out of an Integra and mounted it (Thanks to Cody Sieler for the idea):

369.jpg

I am still in the process of restoring this cb7 armrest:

370.jpg

Got some wagon skin for the cb7, definitely needs a good wash lol:

371.jpg

For some reason my Made in Japan sticker was missing from near my radiator, so thanks to the Silver Slug on here I now have an OEM jap sticker haha, It is funny how ocd I am about the little things:

372.jpg

I ordered some 6x9 speaker boxes for these pioneer speakers I got for the wagon hatch area, they should come in sometime this week. Pioneers:

373.jpg

374.jpg

Future:

I also ordered some Monroe rear brake shoes that should come in this week, planning to do that this weekend. I am getting new tires within the next week or so, and I have fresh steelies, new Honda wheel locks, fresh OEM chrome lug nuts, and some anti-theft Honda logo valve stem covers. I would like a roof rack soon as well as a fresh paint job on the valve cover.
  • Hey guys, I ordered some tires yesterday. I went with the stock size of 175/70/13 because I am just going to put on a set of fresh steelies and nothing fancy unfortunately. I got some Doral SDL's which are made by Sumitomo. They are a high performance tire with an aggressive tread pattern. The wagon will look much better in a week or so.
  • LaserjockLaserjock New Wagonist
    Nice progress! What year is the Integra gas cap bracket?. . . goes to check for "Made in Japan" sticker . . .
  • Laserjock wrote: »
    Nice progress! What year is the Integra gas cap bracket?. . . goes to check for "Made in Japan" sticker . . .

Thanks man :) I believe all Integras have them... I think it was a 98' though. I just stuck it on with a piece of double sided tape after sanding the back of it flat. And yeah, I don't know why my jap sticker was missing haha, now its not!
  • Hey everyone, I will be posting some pictures later today after I get some work done on the wagon. Today she is getting new- rims/tires/lug nuts/honda locks, new rear brake shoes, and my eBay roof rack with Yakima bike rack and Yakima bar pads. Also, I installed my Pioneer 6x9 speakers inside of their boxes yesterday.