Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

This is the traction bar I used. It’s from innovative. It’s pretty nice. It has a jack point.

88-91 CIVIC/CRX (USDM) PRO-SERIES COMPETITION TRACTION BAR KIT (STOCK D-SERIES / B-SERIES SWAP)

All I did was use a cut off wheel to cut the bigger chunks out that used a 3 inch DA and sanded down till it was all level. (80G-320G) There is a line you can follow so it looks all even. I did make sure to leave the little tab so I can bolt the bumper to the re bar.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

I had to relocate the fuel pressure regulator. The throttle cable was rubbing against the old fuel pressure regulator.

I also sold my Ford C-Max and bought a super clean 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Lariat 2WD. Has 132K on the clock. Runs great. Just needs a little detailing and that's pretty much it. This is my first full size truck. It's huge haha. Plans are just to detail it, get some WeatherTech floor mats, and restore or replace the grill depending on how much it is. Maybe some new seat skins but that wouldn't be in the near future.

A little bit of steel wool did the trick.

Grill looks a bit dull.

• @SPW nice pickup looks really clean, I was looking into getting one, they definitely come in handy

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks it's super clean for how old it is! I do however miss my 50mpg I was getting on my C-Max haha. But it's totally worth having the ability to haul stuff comes super in handy.

Aside from refreshing the front suspension from my truck I have been super lazy and I have been neglecting the bumpers haha. We are back at it again. Front bumpers are repaired for the most part. Still has a little dent right on top of the grille area but other than fixing and priming that we could see some paint on it this week.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Front bumper is ready to see some paint. Primed the rear bumper, front bumper filler and front lip. Rear bumper is still hairy but nothing a couple more primes can't fix.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Front/Rear bumper reprimed, sanded and ready for paint.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Got my calipers power coated yellow.

Started the rebuild. Need loctite to bolt this guys down for good.

Yup my retarded self put one of the stickers backwards lol. I was focusing so hard on not putting them on crooked that I forgot to double check the direction and it still went on crooked. ?

• nice on the bumper repair/paint looks great, haha you got so excited you couldn't help yourself it happens i like the yellow

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks! I really needed to just get it over with haha. I sure did! Ohh well it's just a sticker it can be fixed easily. I'm going to try to throw one of them on tomrrow to see how it looks!

Finished assembling the calipers.

Also ordered the efparts.com rear brake caliper bracket to get started on the rear disc conversion. Going to remove gas tank and trailing arms to do some washing and undercoating pretty soon so I can finish the rear suspension and brakes to throw them back on.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Threw one of the calipers on. I love the look!

This thing looks funky with headlights after not seeing it with a face for 2 years. Need to paint the housings. Probably just go flat black with it.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Tore down the remaining part of the suspension and dropped the gas tank.

Got her on her prosthetics for now. Need to degrease and power wash the undercarriage to get it ready for undercoating.

Got the trailing arms for the most part torn down so they can get powder coated.

Most of the parts for the rear disc conversion came in as well.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Finished undercoating the wagon.

Transporting it to the lift.

Didn't take to many before shots. Lots of pressure washing and degreasing followed by drying it/taking some of the loose undercoating with compressed air. Glad I had some help.

Finished up.

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist

Wow. Amazing work!

• Going the extra extra mile not surprised haha one of my favorite wagons

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks bro! It's getting a little closer everyday.

Thanks homie you rock! Means a lot.

Ordered PCI RTA bushing, lower control arm, toe links and upper camber link. Everything is out of stock so hoping to get them in by the end of the month.

• BillBoardBillBoard council member

I am really feeling the yellow mirrors and brake combo!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Me too! Once the rears are done it will look 100.

While I'm waiting for these suspension components to come in I started to work on these spindles. They were pretty rusty. Needs a couple more coats of the rust remover on one of them.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Spindles aren't perfect but that's as good as they are going to get.

Radiator is officially mounted.

Started to modify the trailing arms to accept calipers.

Bumpers are painted too. I still have to scuff and paint the tops of them, the lip and front filler.

Amazing. Keep it up!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks bro. No going back now. ?

We had in issue with the SEM trim black aerosol. Stuff was way to hard to shoot. Very inconsistent it would look dry in some spots. No matter I sprayed it heavy or light, I couldn't get it to lay down nice. It even fryed up on me because I had put it on so thick. Don't do what I did lol. It ate right through the paint all the way down to the primer. It had to be reprimed. Definitely not the products fault. It's just not ideal for bigger stuff. So I bought a quart of SEM trim black and that stuff worked a ton better.

Dang. I've never had any issues with their products!.

• Lookin fine as wine sir!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Yea me either but I'm pretty sure it was user error on my behalf.

Thanks Bro! We are getting there.

Pressed in ARP extended studs.

Cleared corner lights. They have some tiny cracks. Still needs some trim black on the edges.

Freshened up one of the headlight housings. I eventually want a full set of EDM lights all around but these will do for now.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Much better now.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Installed the latch assembly for the hood and had issues lining it up. Driver side part of the hood was sitting pretty high. Upon further investigation, the hood was hitting the valve cover. I wasn't aware I needed to do this. No biggie. Just cut out a piece of the hood. Shuts perfectly now.

A little scuff from the contact.

The cut out.

I had to route the cable for the latch a bit differently but it will work.

"Mounted" the bumper today. Really pleased how it's all turning out so far.

• Is that an OEM hood or the carbon hood from the group buy?

• Looks great either way! The orange of the blinker and the yellow of the mirrors...not sure if I love it or don't. It draws the eye from the front to higher up on the car which is a cool thing, but maybe the mirror being the focal point would leave it more balanced? Probably have to see it in person.

I vote all clear in front, JDM tails in back!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

No it is not. I ended up selling it due to the shipping damage. I couldn’t live with it. Lol.

You are definitely right. It kinda takes away from the mirrors. But it’s not all that hateful in person. I’m starting to like it. The idea was too buy the EDM lights all around but they are pretty expensive. I think they are running about 400-600 bucks for the rears, headlights and front corners. I’ll rock these for a little and save up a bit for those. I really want to try to get her in the road by the end of the year.

I’m with you on that! It’s on the wish list for now

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Got some of my parts back from the powdercoaters.

Assembled the bumper along with the rebar. This is the final product.

I should be getting all my suspension components pretty soon. Dropped off my tank to a local performance shop. They are going to modify my fuel pump hanger to run an fuel lines. I bought the JBtuned kit to get it done. I'll get some picture of It once it's all done.