Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• Love is a strong word haha, but I’ll dig it specially the color of the calipers

• @SPW That really reminds me of the old World Challenge Audi S4s. A lot of the touring cars did that back in the day to distinguish which driver was in the car. Always wanted to.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

To me, it's one of of those things you either love it or hate it haha.

I didn't know the thats the purpose it's served. I think it will look good. Worse thing that can happen is it needs to get repainted.

I've been averaging a door a day! Making some pretty good progress. Also got the hood on. Some adjustments still need to be made to line up all the doors and fenders just right, Plan on getting the other handle in and maybe get around too having the mirrors painted yellow tomorrow. I'm waiting on a sedan window regulator that will be modified to work on the wagon. Part is Dorman 740-446. Here is the write up on it.

• @SPW it’s looking great every update, also can’t wait to see the yellow side Mirrors

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks Bro! I was hoping we had some extra yellow laying around at work but I ended up ordering some. Ordered a pint of Phoenix Yellow ( ITR Yellow). Everything is taped up ready to go.

Installed driver handle, changed spark plugs and installed emblem. Sedan regulator came in today. Goal is to get the regulator converted to fit my wagon, paint/clear mirrors and get this rocker moldings sanded and primed tomorrow.

Found most of the moldings. Going to bring a couple at a time to work out so I don't get burned out. ?

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Modified the regulator today. It was pretty straight forward. Works awesome. Once I finish lubing up the seals and regulators its going to work like a charm.

Comparison of the regulator Chanels.

Cut off one end to roll out the regulator arms out of the channel. A lot quicker then trying to bend the channel straight.

These dimples need to be ground down in order to slide out the arms off the wagon regulator.

Regulator installed.

Also painted the mirrors yellow. I really dig the look. Just need to trim black the base of the mirror.

Phoenix Yellow

Valve cover powder coated red. Just need to sand off the coating off the lettering.

• @SPW Yeah the yellow mirrors look good I think I just needed a real picture of it haha I like it, nice the powder coat looks good

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert

I dig the yellow! Loving the progress being made here.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    edited April 2020

Imagination can only do so much. ? Iike it too. Wilwoods need some powder coating now to get the full picture. They did do an awesome job. They do all my powder coating.

Thanks Bro! The only good coming from coronavirus is being able to work on the wagon haha.

Looks like that's from a 91 sedan? Dorman's website says it will work for 88-91 civic sedan. But the one on the link says power window? I have manual crank. I wouldnt know if it would work or not. Are you doing power windows? The OE number for the regulator I bought is 72250SH4003.

• BillBoardBillBoard council member

I think I like the yellow mirrors... It might have been neat to match the VC with wrinkle yellow??

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

You guys are right. It would look really good. I had the valve cover powder coated before I fully committed to painting the mirrors yellow. The red looks so good in the engine bay. I don't think the yellow would be as mean looking. Plus I wanted to keep the whole ITR red theme in the engine bay. Idk maybe I'm crazy haha. If I can source a cheap valve cover locally I would definitely like to have a yellow VC as well.

Disassembled the Wilwoods over the weekend. My powdercoaters are moving to a bigger facility in the near future not sure if they will accepting more work until the whole move is over. Hopefully they do. I really want to get the suspension, brakes and engine all bolted up so I can then move onto the plumbing of brakes and fuel.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Spent the day today getting the body side moldings repaired, primed and sanded. It's ready for trim black/install tomorrow. I want to also get the belt moldings and rocker moldings painted and installed this week.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Moldings all finished up and installed. Makes the mirrors look better IMO.

I called the glass guy last week. He told me he couldn't find a windshield molding and that he was going to do more research. Going to give him a call pretty soon.

• @SPW the side moldings came out great doesn't have that shiny glossy look that I'm not a fan of haha

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks! I really dislike the shiny gloss too. Makes it look so tacky. Product used was SEM Trim black. Layed down pretty nice. Took about 5 light coats to get the look I wanted.

Not much progress today. Some progress is better than no progress! Dropped off calipers at the powdercoaters, installed rotors and extended lug nuts and installed dip stick lol. Glass guy is coming tomorrow to get the winshield installed. Really excited about that! Also got some parts in the mail. Just waiting to get a couple more parts to get the suspension and shift linkage all bolted down for good.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Rocker moldings repaired, primed and painted. Need to line up all the panels before I can install the rocker moldings. Looks like it wraps over the front fender. Time to install all the weatherstripping.

• @SPW yeah your making me want to repaint all my black trim pieces now haha

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Do it! eBay sells rocker molding clips pretty cheap. There is about 16 per side. They are super brittle and break easily being that they are almost 30 years old. If you do prime them like I did, the plastic has a texture you will never be able to fully replicate. I didn't care too much. I like the smooth look on it now too.

Prepped my distributor for the coil on plug conversion. Removed all the unnecessary components and wiring from the distributor, painted the housing with some VHT used on another project, replaced connector, filled all the little holes left over from removing some of the wiring with Hondbond and wrapped up the harness with wire wrap. I wish it was tighter looking but it's what I had laying around.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

There hasn’t been much time lately to work on the the wagon. I did get around to putting the shifter assembly together. Unfortunately when I went to install it, the shifter sits a couple inches to far back. It’s going to need to be shortened. I did post my problem on facebook and 2 people said the HASport linkage worked for them. 1 said it was a tight fit but doable. Another said he had to cut it to make it work. I’m not sure why there is such a difference. Oh well what can we do.

• superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    edited May 2020

Is that a fastline shifter? I had one in an old si and loved it.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Yes it is the fastline shifter. I don't have it completely buttoned down yet but it feels super nice. Sucks the linkage has to be modified.

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert

I had to shorten my linkage when I went B-series too, maybe the wagon tunnels are 1” shorter than other EFs..?

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

You used HASport linkage? That's what I heard too. I find it strange that the same linkage works for some wagon owners. My guess is the motor mounts. I'm running HASport motor mounts. It's all pretty confusing haha.

• andreas542andreas542 Band Wagon

This thread makes me weak in the knees, good thing I'm sitting down! :D

Amazing work, love following this build!

Any pictures of how you get your shifter to work will be greatly appreciated. My B-swap should be getting underway during the summer, I'm using Hasport mounts and I've got a B-series linkage from an EG that I'm going to shorten/lengthen as necessary.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Hahaha! Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully it can motivate others to get around to doing there projects like so many of the other threads have done for me. I will definitely document! I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to get around to it but I will document. Out of curiosity, I purchased an innovative shift linkage to see if it was any different. It was about the same maybe even a little longer. If you want it for any reason I can let it go. Let me know!

Did some suspension related work to the wagon these last couple days. I bought an innovative traction bar. I am however, having issues with it. I was also told others were having issues with it too and they ended up needing to modifying it. The end of the radius rod is rubbing against the back of the fork. A feature I like about this bar and the reason I went with this one is that it has a jacking point in the front which is super convenient. I'm going to try to come in to the shop tomorrow and shave the end a little, get my sway bar on and finish up installing the door seals so I can have coworker/friend line up the panels for me and get the rocker cover on. I honestly don't know why they left so much material at the end of the rod itself. It overhangs a little less of an inch.

I also cleaned up the prep deck where my wagon is stored. It was filthy. We don't really use it much these days other than baking primer. Rolling around in the dust is no fun. Hopefully it motivates me to work a little more on the wagon haha.

While I was doing some cleaning, I took the wagon outside. She looks so good outside! I also ended up getting a tucked radiator from Speedfactory. I'm going to need to round out the edges of the welds where the ends of the radiator meet the edges of the core support so that it can slide out and that way I am able to bolt it into the core support and have the necessary clearance or else my fans will hit the headers. Im also going to have to remove the center bar of the T-Bar. The whole idea of the half sized one was to be able to run A/C but I ditched that whole idea. If anyone wants to buy the other one I have, I will let it go too. Comes with a SPAL fan.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    edited May 2020

Modified that radius rods so that they wouldn't bind against the forks. Seemed like the only solution at this point.

Also mocked up the radiator and cut out the re bar. Still needs to be cleaned up but almost there.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    edited May 2020

Installed my progress sway bar. Need to start working on these bumper covers pretty soon.

• superhatchsuperhatch Moderator

What front radius setup did you use?

For your front bumper did you just cut away the webbing of the "mouth" or did you have any fill/body work done to smooth it out? If you posted that already I can just scroll back and check it out.