off road tires and rims

are there any that fit the wagon like actual off road use. i couldnt fit any that fit the 4 lug nuts

Comments

• the tom's rally wheels are 15x7 +35 offset. the bolt hole pattern is 4x100 so they would fit the wagon.
    tomsunknown2.jpg

then run some of these!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... ATAKORWLV2
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Uniroyal makes a tire that'll fit a lifted wagon. 225/70r14 might need to use spacers to be able to turn properly though.
  • i am actually currently looking into some tires right now haha. bridgestone winterforce tires are "off road" tires...

561.jpg

they come in a ton of sizes.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Come on guys this is gonna get locked as soon as a mod gets on here .....
    I'm on my blackberry so I can't search and show u the multiple threads on this same topic ...
    Super Swamper makes a 14 in tire ...
    BFGoodrich also has 14 ....

The one thread I posted some Nasty looking mudding tires .... As far as wheels .. Come on man there r so many rims that work on these cars that there iss a damn thread just for wheels .... Just look b4 posting man ...

This is all old stuff unless ur doing a lift like Bam them we will understand ....

FYI
    I'm running BMW Mini cooper rims with a serious tread ... Click signature scrappy
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Whoa there, I think it's a valid question. While there are many rims that will bolt on our cars, I haven't seen ANY that meet my wants. And tires? I looked at the 29X14 Swampers, and I don't think they'll clear on the stock RT rims.

Let's discuss. I'm thinking I may have to order some Diamond Racings or the like to get what I want. Roughly 15x6.5, low or no offset. Thinking maybe 235/80/15?

And even with my lift setup, the tire fit issues are the same as far as offset to clear the suspension.
  • i was just lookin for some actual thick off road tires because i would love to use mine for off roading but i was thinking what tires and rims would even fit our wagons with the only 4 lugs. and yes i was looking to lift mine
    I'll probably buy the tallest 14" AT tires I can find for my stock rims, stand by to see what I come up with.

There are some tires available, rangers used to be 14" IIRC.
    235/80r15? Thats the same size a lot of deisel trucks use standard. Really tall tires. A 235/75r15 is roughly 29 1/2 inches tall and there are quite a bit of choices as far as tire brands go in that size.
    In truck tires you'll have Passenger rated(P235/75R15) or Light Truck(LT235/75R15) rated in that size. The difference in the two "P" and "LT" are the side wall thickness. "P" will only be 4 ply and LT are 6 and up depending on the load range.
    Load range "C" is 6 ply, load range "D" is 8 ply and load range "E" is 10 ply which the tire will say on the side.
    I used this size just as reference, there are plenty of truck tires out there that will work.
    Hope this helps.
    JDMWago666 wrote:
    235/80r15? Thats the same size a lot of deisel trucks use standard. Really tall tires. A 235/75r15 is roughly 29 1/2 inches tall and there are quite a bit of choices as far as tire brands go in that size.
    In truck tires you'll have Passenger rated(P235/75R15) or Light Truck(LT235/75R15) rated in that size. The difference in the two "P" and "LT" are the side wall thickness. "P" will only be 4 ply and LT are 6 and up depending on the load range.
    Load range "C" is 6 ply, load range "D" is 8 ply and load range "E" is 10 ply which the tire will say on the side.
    I used this size just as reference, there are plenty of truck tires out there that will work.
    Hope this helps.

Awesome! keep it coming. Can I get the same kind of aggressive tread patterns in "P" as in "LT"?

I've been searching tire sizes, and get aggravated with all the sites that want to fit my vehicle for me. Is there a place where I can just view sizes?
    Anybody know what kind of 15" steelies I can get? I mean OE wheels?
    I work in the tire area at wal mart. I have a book that tells me all the different sizes that are out there. Tread patterns can be the same but price range will change drastically from "P" to "LT" and in the different sizes. You just gotta take clearance into consideration.
    When I say clearance I mean back of the side skirt to the bumper not height. I can't guarantee that I can look at tire sizes this week but next wek for sure. I work overnights this week:(
    Let me know what size rim you are looking towards and I can throw some numbers around as far as height and width goes.
    15 inch steelies from the 2001 through 2004 civics will work. I think it's 05 that they changed to 5 lug.
    Are they a similar offset?

@JDMWago: I want both 14's for my Rt wheels, and 15's for something different
    2001-2004 oem civic steelies should be 45 offset, the same as other Honda steelies.
    I've seen a 225/70R14 in a truck tire, passenger rated
    15's there are A LOT of options for tirs sizes.
    Correction 2001-2005 model civics came with 15 inch steelies and in 2006 they moved to 5 lug.
    Sorry for the misinformation :D
    Passenger rated is fine for this thing, gonna be harsh enough as is, without adding 6ply sidewalls!
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    braid makes some sick rally wheels. probably cost a bit more than most of our wagons for a set though.

http://www.braidusa.com/comp_cast.htm
  • bam-bam wrote:
    Let's discuss. I'm thinking I may have to order some Diamond Racings or the like to get what I want. Roughly 15x6.5, low or no offset. Thinking maybe 235/80/15?

Diamond Racing steelies were the first thing to come to mind for me... Mainly because they are fairly cheap. Also, they come in low offsets, to increase clearance.

It would be nice to see some nice DR's with big tires, without seeing the car dumped beyond reason, with incredibly stupid camber angles....
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    As 3rd4ce mentioned this has actually be discussed quite extensively... But basically there are very few tires that you are going to find to fit a 14" wheel. The most likely is the BF Goorich All-Terrain T/A KO in a 195/75R14 General also makes the grabber AT2 in 27x8.5R14. Once you move up to 15" rims you have way more options. 15s were long the standard on SUV's and pickups.

Spend some time looking on tire rack as a start. Pick out a tire then hit the specs tab and look at all the sizes available and their dimensions. Here's the link to the T/A KO page

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... n+T%2FA+KO

and the Grabber AT2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... abber+AT+2

Hit the brands link at the top and you can pick tires by brand and get to the spec charts without being forced to enter a tire size. Also most tire companies websites will list all the sizes they have available.

I'd go for real AT/MT tires if you want real offroad performance. I have winter tires (Nordman 2's, Blizzaks, and Winterforces) for winter use and while they are great in the snow and better than highway tires in the mud they are no replacement for real offroad tires. Winter tires also wear quite quickly due to soft rubber compounds.
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    Also this tire size calculator is sweet for comparing various tire sizes in real world numbers... http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp
    Thanks woodi.

After doing some looking, I'm leaning toward a 235/75/15, roughly 29H x 9W. That's the smallest 15 in most of the all-terrrain lines I've looked at..

Just have to find some 15" wheels...
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    you may want to check out Treadwright retreads too if you are not looking at breaking the bank. I have never run them myself but was considering buying a pair a few years ago for my old toyota pickup before I sold it. I did tons of research about them and they are quite highly regarded among anyone who's used them. https://treadwright.com/c-5-235-75r15.aspx
  • Just remember guys, te larger tire you put on your civic, the more they weigh....the more the tire weighs, the slower you get going and harder it is for the car to turn them lol.
    Duly noted...

Don't go getting all practical on me now.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    OK... this is the official 'Off-Road wheel and tire thread'

So, for now on, this is where we discuss...

(also added to quicklinks!)
  • bam-bam wrote:
    Duly noted...

i wouldn't dream on it....lol it was more for the "OTHERS" that wouldn't realize it.
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    503Wagon wrote:
    Just remember guys, te larger tire you put on your civic, the more they weigh....the more the tire weighs, the slower you get going and harder it is for the car to turn them lol.

Don't forget the other important factor bigger tires effectively changing your gear ratios (speedometer, odometer, everything). Your rpm's will drop at all speeds but the car will also have much less power getting you there. Thankfully our cars have the crazy high final drive but it's still going to mean a big hit in acceleration and low end pull. If you were to jump from the stock size which somewhere around 23 I think to a 29" tire you are looking at about a 25% change in your gearing. You most certainly are going to notice this.
    ...and that's what the blown z6 on ethanol is for.
  • bam-bam wrote:
    Duly noted...

I'm pretty sure all practicality has gone out the window by now...

bam-bam wrote:

...yup.
  • bam-bam wrote:

haha truth. thus why im picking up a JDM motor with minimal miles and doing a few upgrades :) i want max TQ numbers out of my little D.